Days of Our Lives - Wed. Sept. 16, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, September 16, 2015

John is in an office, on the phone with someone, looking for help to the investigation into his past. He fingers some newspaper clippings, stopping on one about the drowning of the young boy, Forest Alamain. He tells the person on the phone he wants to find the cop who investigated that drowning, hears something good, says to keep digging. He hangs up, then begins to remember scenes from his past, which fade into each other, merge, one atop the other, Stefano's face, his voice saying you are mind, you have no memory, laughing. A young John is somewhere, looking at a moss covered wall, is upset, brushes away the moss, finds writing saying Johnny Black, 1985.

Aiden is telling the sleeping Stefano not to die until he gets his money. Stefano opens his eyes, tells Aiden his debts are not Stefano's concern. Aiden is getting a bit upset, but stefano closes his eyes. Aiden leaves.

Paul has run into Marlena, having just returned from a promo tour for Mad World. He and Marlena sit at a table, chat a while about the tour, baseball, how much John loves it. Paul mentions John's parents, Marlena says John was never so fortunate as to know his birth parents. Paul did not know that. She tells him to talk to John about it, he would like that. John arrives, Marlena has to leave anyway, so John joins Paul.

Over at the hospital, Hope wants to know what Steve is talking about in re: Bo, that he abandoned them, etc. Steve is defending Bo, Hope says she felt the same way Steve does, for a long time, then tells Kayla to show him the letter. Kayla pulls it out of a drawer, it had been torn up, pasted back together, which Steve notes. But he reads it, yes, it is his handwriting, and sounds just like him. He is sorry he has given Hope grief.

Elsewhere in the hospital, Ciara & Chase are giving Aiden a hard time about visiting Stefano, Kayla overhears as she comes out, reprimands Aiden, tells him to stay out of the room. The kids are there for checkup for sports, Kayla takes them away, Hope & Aiden wait & chat, kids return, all go for ice cream. In the square, the kids want to know the secret, joking talk about acting it all out, video taping, Hope & Aiden get up, she gives him back the ring, he gets down on one knee, does the proposal, she accepts, everyone excited. Ciara starts in about plans for the wedding, drags her mother off to see the perfect dress.....for Ciara. Chase shakes his head, Aiden reminds him that will be his stepsister. Hey, that is cool, says Chase.

Steve sits with Joe, who is not all that happy about the lst day of school. Steve nicely gives him a quiet pep talk, and amazingly, Joe takes the chip off his shoulder for a while, tells of being rude to Aunt Hope. Steve explains about how Uncle Bo left Aunt Hope, & she waited and waited, finally, when the new dude came along, she decided the life he was offering was what she wanted. Joe promises to apologize to Aunt Hope.

Kayla is in her office, rummaging in her desk, finds wedding picture, lays it on the desk. Joe comes in, mentions the pic, she explains why it is there. He says Steve's hair...looks like a mullet. Kayla denies that, he never had one, mentions her own big hair, what was she thinking. Joe says Dad's tuxedo looks like something from that group Kayla liked.....the Temptations. LOL. She agrees, Joe mentions his talk with dad, and how he will apologize to Aunt Hope. They get to talking, he did not realize Uncle Bo left Hope like Dad did us. Kayla says that she thinks Steve does love them, that he always comes back to them, always has cared about them, and perhaps if she had not always acted so hurt, been so mad, things could have been different.

Ben has made something for Abby to eat. He is wearing just a towel, :rolleyes: He mentions pics of their house being on the website, gets the tablet, gets shocked to see the headline that Stefano is in the hospital with a heart attack. Abby comments it is not good, since he is diabetic. Ben asks if Chad told her that. NO, she works in a hospital. More chitchat, he gets dressed, leaves for class, she is going to work from home. She is on her computer, keeps glancing at her phone.

Over at DiMansion, Chad is packing up money, passport, etc. A text is on his phone asking if he is o.k. He ignores it, and is about out the door, but there is Abby, he is not going to run away. She goes on and on with all the reasons, but a frustrated Chad recites all the evidence against him, that he knows she doesn't think he is a killer, he doesn't either, but he doesn't remember. She suggests hypnosis, he refuses, but she presses the issue. He has to try to help himself, and if it helps him remember, that is a good thing.

Back at Ben's, he comes home, finds Abby gone, paces a bit. He picks up his phone, then tells himself that he trusts her, they are getting married, she is having his baby, he does trust her.

It is very dark in Stefano's room. Victor comes in, stands over him.

Steve finds John, tells him of just reading that letter Bo wrote to Hope. It WAS his handwriting, and he seems to have written it. He asks, though, if Bo personally put the letter into John's hands. No, John says that after he saw Bo, who said nothing about a letter, about 2 hrs. later it was delivered to John's hotel. Steve thinks that was odd, so did John, who did some digging around, but came up with nothing. It is like Bo never was working for the ISA. Steve thinks that was strange. John agrees, and thinks perhaps the mission went south, and the ISA is covering it up.

This doesn't happen very often for me but I have to say that I am totally in awe of Billy Flynn (Chad).This young man is one of the most impressive actors to hit our TV screens in quite a long time. He makes one become so absorbed in his portrayal of his character that you feel you're right there in the scene with him. Mr. Flynn is incredibly talented and has the potential to go far if the right opportunity presents itself. Wake up world, a great talent awaits.

Last edited:
It was nice to see the flashbacks of John finding his name carved on the wall and talking about how Forrest Alamain drowned as a child. Also nice to see Patch and Kayla's wedding picture.

I like that they seem to be making an effort to mention these old storylines.

Also nice to see Joey thawing out a bit with his parents and saying he was going to apologize to his Aunt Hope.

Ahhhh, the 80's, when hair and sleeves were both huge!

a8035d4bafb3751dafa0d85182dc31a1.jpg

Case closed -- Chad is innocent -- Ciara has spoken -- and blowhard Justin can crawl off to Victor's club to drink away his woes with Eve. Fool of the day was Ms. Perfect for saying about the tracking app: "You just did it because you wanted to keep me safe." What's she going to say if Ben gets like daddy dearest and starts beating her: "He only hits me because he loves me?" On a more positive note, it was good to see the John flashbacks, which were not only a trip down memory lane, but a refresher course on all the misery John has had in his life. Finally, Aiden better watch his mouth. Nobody, nobody talks to the mighty Phoenix the way he did today. If the lawyer keeps this up, he might end up like the hapless Sy, another fool who had the poor judgment to press a DiMera about money.

Can someone explain to me about John finding the name Johnny Black 1985? Are we
to assume he wrote it when he was there before? I wasn't watching then.

Interesting to see John climb on the balcony. I would like to see more of that.

I'm glad Joey is going to apologize to Hope. Sad to hear his friends in school
don't want to be his friends now.

When Ben pulled out his phone I wondered if he actually took the app off

I think it is terrific that Days is showing nostalgia, flashbacks, pictures, etc. that will help newer viewers, and remind those watching longer.

I was watching when bandaged up John, the Pawn, arrived in Salem, but I do not remember at all the wall with the name Johnny Black, 1985 on it. Can't be new, because John was quite young there. Hmmmm. I did not begin writing summaries until 2000, so can't even go back for those.

That's my guess as well. I'm surprised the show ended without showing him use the app.

Line of the day from Hope to Ciara: "You're like a little Julie"

I think the comment about Ciara and Chase liking each other because they are going to be stepsiblings was foreshadowing of a different type of relationship between the 2. It was a very oddly worded comment.

The episode was a bit slow and I stand by my comment from yesterday that I need to see Steve outside this bubble of Bo, Kayla and Joey. His niece and nephew need him desperately and I need to see him interacting with Clyde. Really surprised Bo wasn't on today.

Let's get some recurring teen characters to be friends with Joey and let's also see him with JJ.

I think Stefano is blackmailing Aiden and I also think he has a gambling debt.

How did Ciara not notice that rock on Hope's finger???

The ending with Victor in Stefano's room was random.

I have to say that I did warm up to Joey a bit today. I wouldn't say I am now a full fledged fan but its a step in the right direction. I realize that the kid is only 16 so we are going to see a lot more attitude wise from him but as a long as they mix it up with some other emotions I can deal. I was also glad to see he felt bad about the way he acted towards Hope and planned to apologize.

As I'm sure you're all aware that I am loath to pat myself on the back but I couldn't noticing something; the day after I commented that I was growing weary of young Mr. Johnson's sullen teen bit we get an episode showing other facets of his personality. Coincidence? I think not. Maybe I should have spoken up sooner. LOL

The scenes with Aiden, Hope and the kids in the Town Square could have been fun if we didn't know that Aiden alas is not what he seems. I'm still hoping there's another swerve coming and he's not as bad as he seems and his feelings for Hope ARE in fact genuine. But that's looking less likely by the moment. I just have to ask it was necessary to throw this character under the bus why exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping that Aiden did really fall in love and after he gets his money from Stefano, he can say "ha got you. I live her and I have a case against you for.... Blackmail or something". Yes hope still gets hurt unfortunately, but I just can't understand Aiden doing this to Chase, let alone Hope.

I am amazed at how much DOOL has improved with the new writers at the helm. Everything is happening in a timely manner and not dragging out so far. Let's hope the stories continue to move along as they have been. In the short time the newbies have taken over I find myself scheduling my time for house and errands to be home for Days. I haven't done that in years.

Last edited:
Inasmuch as these shows were written and filmed months and months ago, I can only assume the writers planned to have Joey arrive with the big chip on shoulder, but eventually thaw a bit.
It does seem that Aiden owes big time money to some rough dudes, (loan shark/bookie?), but wonder just what Stefano knows about him to force him to romance Hope in particular.........and why does Stefano want that???

Back