Days of Our Lives - Wed., Sept. 17, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Boy, it did not take long for Days to have Chad appear shirtless. :rolleyes: Sami & Kate are talking, enjoying the new profit figures. They hit a glitch, but EJ knows someone, Sami suggests asking him to help. Kate is against this, but Sami sees EJ, calls to him. He is going out, she insists, he turns, and Uh, oh, what happened to your face"? And there is a dripping wet Chad, saying good morning, been out for a swim before it got too cold. LOL. Sami & Kate express surprise, greet him, a bit of awkward conversation. He mentions he tried to look in on the kids, Sami said they were still at camp (how much school are they missing??) . EJ is mostly silent, Kate figures that it was Chad to smacked EJ and the why. Finally, Sami takes EJ out to the garden to talk about the business, leaving Chad & Kate to converse. He has put on a robe, and with Kate talking of Sami getting cozy with EJ again, suggests perhaps he could help Kate out. He is a DiMera, and though his father helped him with all the best doctors, stayed by his side all the time, he had told Chad he promised God he would change if Chad survived. Well, he hasn't changed a bit, lied to Chad, so, he is willing to be Kate's ally. She agrees.
Out in the garden, Sami admits she sent the article to Chad, is sorry, knows they used to be so close, should not have done that, but it was the revenge thing. They seem to mend fences, he kisses her lightly, and it takes Sami about 5 seconds to go in for another round, this time very passionate.

Jeremiah meets up with Clyde, wants to know why he is working for Mr. DiMera. Oh, Clyde figures he will be useful to him, he will meet the right people, and things will go well from there on. You know me, Jeremiah, lay low, and be patient.

Rafe runs into Jordan in the hospital, not understanding the cold shoulder she is giving him. It takes her a bit, but she is done with him, it is over. She went to see him in his office yesterday, he was with Kate, and she was kissing him. She flounces off.
Rafe is next in his office, talking to Roman, explaining how Sami & Kate came over, grateful he got evidence to keep Stefano out of town, but they are convinced he will "get them" regardless, and are pretty worried.

Paige is getting ready to leave, sees JJ is calling her, won't answer. Mommy dearest comes out, all ready to chat it up with dear daughter, but Paige has nothing to say. Theresa arrives, Paige takes off. Theresa is all happy & giddy, no longer worried about John waking up, she researched online, discovered most people with that sort of injury have retroactive memory loss. Don't remember the event, nor a block of time before it. So John won't remember a thing. Eve warns her that she has a tendency to act without thinking, a big pitfall. Always have a plan. Theresa doesn't think Eve has much of one, living in this tiny apt., etc., but Eve reminds her she is walking around town with a big chunk of Jennifer's money in her pocket. (no, it is veterans' money, Eve).

JJ is frustrated, being unable to reach Paige, so takes off, and runs into her in the square. He insists she listen to him, denies taking off his shirt, kissing the girl, etc. He figures he was set up, was drugged, doesn't know who or why, names a few people. He pleads his case, tell Paige how much he loves her, she finally believes him, they hug. He inists he is going to get to the bottom of this, will try and find Jill, doesn't know how, but has an idea. He notes that though the note is addressed to Rory, it was only sent to Paige. So if anyone else has pictures, they could only do so if involved. Cut to Eve, admiring the picture of Jill & JJ on the bench, where she was trying to get his arm around her.

Kate meets up with Clyde, who tells her that the contacts she gave him worked out really well for him. She is glad. Now he insists he is going to buy her lunch. She doesn't seem all that thrilled with the idea.

Jordan is walking in the park, when Jeremiah stops her, hasn't seen her since she was about 15. She sure turned out really pretty. Jordan tries to walk away, he grabs her arm. She is telling him to let her go, he mentions some bracelet he bought her at a carnival. She is trying to pull away, along comes Chad. "You heard her, the lady wants you to let her go."

Hope is writing a letter, reading it aloud, crying and sobbing as she does so. It is to Bo, being sent to the last address she had for him, she is looking at his picture, and reading about how she has to write this, he has been gone so long, how they grew up together, made a life, went thru so much. But now, he has put some mission before his family. He has been gone so long, she cannot go on like this.
She abruptly puts the letter down, calls Aiden, asking him to meet her. At the club, after they exchange a few words about what happened yesterday, she honestly, quietly and frankly tells him that she does have feelings for him. She cannot deny it, she likes spending time with him, seeing him. (this is really such a nice conversation). He wonders, "what now"? A little more talk, and he asks if they can go out on a date, somewhere out of town, where no one will know them. She agrees, they say they will talk, and maybe decide there is nothing to this. But then, maybe there is, and they will go on from there. They agree not to tell the kids yet, they are going out.
Later, Aiden sits with Chase, who heard his dad making dinner reservations, and learns it was not for the two of them. Aiden admits it is a date, Chase says "you said after mom died, you would never go on a date again". True, but sometimes things change.

Hope is back at her desk, finishing up the letter, crying, blowing her nose. She touches Bo's picture, saying she will always "love you", and keeps reading the letter aloud. She cannot go on with her life this way, and says goodbye, Bo. She is sobbing as she signs her name, folds the letter, puts it an an evelope, and picks up a sheaf of legal papers, which indicate a petition for a divorce. She lays them down, slowly takes off her wedding rings, sets them on the papers and sobs.

Thanks for the summary.

I FF most of the show, today, as Jordan bores me to tears (I just stopped to watch Chad come to her rescue, but not for Jordan, to see the acting by this new guy). Sami and EJ : just no, don't want to see or hear them anymore. Kate and Clyde ? I don't care. I'm not even curious right now.

The only scenes I truly watched were Hope and Aiden and Hope writing the letter. While I like Hope and Aiden, I hate what's being done to the character of Bo. It would have been so much better if Bo had died. Anyway : :beat:

And JJ and Paige. I don't care about Paige, I think JJ is wasted on this storyline. But one thing has been bothering me a lot since yesterday. If Dr. Dan is so great, so is JJ, as he figured out what happened to him, how come there was no mention of other tests to determine if there had been more abuse than the picture ? Maybe even primary STD testing ? (I know some results take a while). For all Dan and JJ knew, he could even have been raped. So why let it go so easily and not push tests further ? Another case of : only in Salem ! :rolleyes:

The scenes with Hope writing the letter really got to me. I am loving the Hope/Aiden storyline so far, and those scenes...WOW. Too bad they had to be juxtaposed with sleazy Jerimiah. :sick:

In other news, I'm glad JJ got through to Paige though I am tired of seeing people run all over Salem after other people who no longer want to be with them for a variety of random and mostly ridiculous reasons.

@TheWriter
That's a good point. It bothers me that Daniel didn't tell JJ what roofies are generally used for and that when JJ researched them on his own he found out they don't make you sexually aggressive but somehow didn't find out that they're known as the date rape drug. Nor does he seem to feel particularly violated by the fact that some girl took pictures of him kissing her when he did not want to kiss her. I feel like TPTB are going out of their way to avoid mentioning sexual assault/rape in connection with this storyline. If it had been reversed--say Bev and Cole had drugged Paige and taken pictures of Cole kissing her--would we still be seeing this focus on "someone made it look like I was cheating" rather than "someone violated me?"

The assassination of the Bo character continued relentlessly today. Any husband who didn't rush home after receiving a letter like the one Hope wrote (which we know Bo won't) is totally heartless. As for Chad, he seems to be in a relentless race toward the bottom. He's not only the kind of guy who says remarkably nasty and hurtful things to his old love, but he's a slob who walks around a formal living room in a bathing suit, carelessly dripping water on his father's fine carpets and expensive furniture. What's he trying to do -- prove that D.A. Woods was right about him after all. Finally, could Jeannie Theresa be the smarter sister? Today, she was the one who did the research about the likelihood of ComaJohn remembering anything about the fatal night, while her clueless sister is celebrating the success of a plot that's already completely unraveled. Sorry, Eve, but with Dr. McScruffy on the case, your foolish schemes don't have a chance.

Actually the Jordan scenes are intriguing to me. After the scene with Jeremiah and Jordan, him saying he hasn't seen her since she was 15, I want to speculate Jordan was forced into prostitution by Clyde. Jeremiah might of been one of her regulars. Most likely she left a year or 2 after she was 15 with Ben. Chad to the rescue!

Hope deserves to move on and I am glad she took off her ring. Bo does not deserve Hope at all to abandon his family for his job period.

Chad and Kate were interesting as well. I saw that coming. Kate has always been a mother figure to Chad and Kate sees him a bit as a son in my opinion. After all, Kate was friends with Chad's dead mother, Madeline. I see them teaming up against Stefano. Chad is out for himself and that could be using all his father taught him against him.

Loving Chad, he came back with a vengence! I love his assertiveness. I hope he puts the mountain man in his place! The JJ thing looks like it could clean up if he could think to get Eve's phone pics. For some reason I enjoyed Sami today, she looked smart in that outfit. Hope and Aiden were wonderful, I'm really hoping this relationship flies. It was a very good show.

I know the reason why, but I really hate all the bare legs in Salem. I am going to guess that Paige sees the pics on her mom's phone. This will cause problems with her mother, when she realizes she resorted to such a horrible plan to control Paige.

I was surprised to hear Kate call Chad's mother a whore, when they were in the same business together. Heck, Chad's mom married respectably, and never slept around again, unlike Kate herself, who, while climbing the corporate ladder, has occupied a lot of different men's beds.

Back