Days of Our Lives - Wed., Sept. 21, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Aiden is on the phone with Chase who evidently is in Portland, talking of the easy flight back home, and coming out thee next week to look for a place to stay. Yes, Hope will be with him.

The Hortons are gathering together at the Horton house, to all hunker down together. Jen, Julie, Ciara, Hope, Claire, JJ, Joey, Doug is upstairs. Julie is all enthusiastic about playing games, meals, etc. Claire is not thrilled, but Jen suggests they pretend it is a slumber party. Good thoughts. JJ goes to take a power nap, Joey's taxi arrives, he leaves, the females all play some charade game. Julie is trying to get them to name the movie (has to be A Star is Born), & as she explains, bratty Claire pops u p that it is just like her, and begins going on about her music, her you tube channel, being a star, etc. Jen & Julie goe to the kitchen, Hope has left to do errands, Ciara tries to tell Claire nicely that perhaps she needs to step back a little about her career.

Later, after dinner, Julie decides they will all do a jigsaw puzzle, Claire volunteers to load the dishwasher....and skips out the back door, Ciara discovers this later.

JJ is in the square, sees Gabi with the buggy, Ari is sleeping, she has been shopping for Chad, some big meeting later. They make plans to have a fun day after this is all over.

Adrienne & Lucas are with Chad, talking of the bad guys, etc. Chad goes upstairs, Lucas & Adrienne are glad to be there, hope the trio will be captured soon, get romantic, are kissing with Gabi comes in with Ari. (& a buggy). Lucas takes Ari upstairs to where Adrienne is now giving Thomas a bath, Gabi shows Chad the power suit she bought, he tells her the meeting has been canceled, with all that is going on in town.

She starts blathering about all the stores she had to go to buy, return, yada, yada, plus having Ari to boot. He thanks her.

Later he is talking about a foundation in Abby's honor, asks Gabi for suggestions as to what it should do. She suggests maybe research into aplastic anemia, or getting matches for bone marrow transplants. Great idea, thank you, they hug. (??)

Steve has brought Kayla home, settles her on the sofa, small talk. He needs to get her prescription, she asks him to stop for chowder at Mom's. Hope arrives with flowers, Steve only leaves because she is there, at least til Joey comes home. Hope & Kayla chat a bit, Hope knows Kayla still loves Steve, she admits that is so. Joey returns, Hope leaves.

The terrible trio are strapping on gun belts, getting into their disguises, Xander impatient as usual, Orpheus pointing out they have a plan now, that all 3 blew their previous attempts as they really had no plan. Clyde agrees, They put on the caps, glasses, plaid shirts, and out they go.

In the square, Steve thinks he spots one of them, follows the guy....but when they get into some area, no one there. (Orpheus saw Steve, made fast tracks away, has met with the other 2 and they all quickly leave the area. Steve now runs into Aiden, who is talking into his recorder about various old cases. Steve chides him for wasting taxpayers money, telling him he will get no where with Hope, and he should leave town. Aiden claims he is D.A. here, so that is not an option. Steve walks off saying "we will see about that".

Chad greets Theo, who says his dad is so glad Chad is letting him stay there. Hey, lots of room. Chad leaves to go get linens & stuff for a bed for Theo, Gabi is with Ari, looking for Chad. Lucas mentions the linens, and probably that he is checking the panic room, gets up to show Gabi where that is. Adrienne asks Theo to watch Ari & Thomas, while she goes to warm Thomas's bottle Theo sits with Ari talking.

Joey has come home, Hope leaves, kisses for both Kayla & Joey. Small talk, Dad calls, is on his way home now, has the chowder, Mom is not picking up on her phone. Joey hands his to Kayla, she figures hers is on silent. Will see Steve soon. She hangs up, message appears from Jade. She hands the phone to Joey, who hasn't mentioned Jade in a while, she thought they broke up. He talks his mom into resting a bit, covers her with a throw blanket.

Hope gets to the Pub, no Caroline, Aiden comes in, wants to talk to her, is important. She insists, nothing to say. They hear a noise, look up.

Joey has gone outside, so not to disturb a sleeping Kayla, so he can call Jade.

Gabi is talking to Chad in the panic room,

Theo is chatting with Ari in the DiMera living room.

And we see each location as.....the lights go out. the women in the Horton house, just learning that Claire is gone.

Claire walking as street lights go out.

Theo with a flashlight, telling Ari the lights will be back on soon.

Gabi & Chad in the panic room, just chatting small talk, lights out, and the door slams shut, they are trapped.

Kayla asleep on the sofa, as the escapees look down at her.

Claire is getting on my nerves. Sami Jr. much? Why do they have to go in that direction? I hope they don't continue making her that way. In reference to her me-me-me attitude and her constant YouTube chatter.

Otherwise, great show!

They have internet at Jennifer's house, right? Why did Claire need to be elsewhere? That makes no sense to me. And if Julie brings up "poor Nick" one more time, I'm going to scream. The guy was a looney tunes rapist. Hope knows that. Has she not told Julie about what he did to Gabi?

It was pretty ridiculous that Claire had to leave because she was only able to get one bar of service on her phone. One would think she could've either used a laptop at Jennifer's or connected to Jennifer's WiFi. Granted, Jennifer might not have WiFi (which is doubtful, especially since Abby and JJ were always on their tablets and laptops), but at the very least, she has internet service.

How old is Ari? I understand child labor laws when it comes to children on TV, and the show hasn't aired in my time zone yet, but isn't Ari a bit old for a buggy?? Would a two year old ride in one? My 18 month old son was a challenge in a stroller. A buggy he'd have been out and gone the minute I was mildly distracted.

And Claire really???

Will watch when it is on in my time zone.

Yes, because she had the seat laying flat and the handle flipped to the other side (with the bonnet pulled fully open). That's how the newer strollers work.

contours-bliss.jpg

I think they use the same stroller for Tate and I also thought it was too small for him. They can't find $20 in the budget for a cheap umbrella stroller?

HOLD THE PRESSES: Hope kissed BOTH her daughter and her granddaughter and told them to be good!!! That's a good tie-in to Marlena/Claire on Monday. What show is this?! And Ciara was slightly less annoying today. Making Claire the focus is definitely the way to go with the teens. Claire's storyline may be silly she has more of a conscience than Sami ever had and I do think this is probably temporary. If it gets her parents back to Salem, I'm all for it.

LOVED Orpheus' Black Patch comment. I'm guessing they caused the blackout. Who will find Claire in HTS? I also don't like how Orpheus speaks to Xander. Between him and Victor, I fear Xander isn't long for this world.

Horton Game Night was EVERYTHING!!!! That charades game with Julie and Jen was hilarity. Some nice light comedy in the midst of the darkness. Too bad Lucas wasn't with them. Also, too bad Joey left before JJ arrived. I guess I'll have to settle for Hope acknowledging Claire.

Nice scenes all around at the Johnson house.

Hope had better show some PTSD tomorrow.

So, the families are banding together....The Horton house, The Kiriakis stronghold, DiMansion.
Only one family left on their own.......and that is the vulnerable one, of course.

It was pretty ridiculous that Claire had to leave because she was only able to get one bar of service on her phone.
Claire is ridiculous across the board. Crazed criminals are loose in Salem, but all she cares about is her YouTube account. Of course Claire was not alone in her ridiculousness. It was the order of the day in Salem.
  • Why did Hope leave poor Kayla unguarded? Couldn't she have waited until the mighty Steve returned? After all, it's not like she does much police work even in the midst of a major crisis.
  • Couldn't Steve have returned faster? With Kayla in possible danger, why did he get caught up in other things?
  • Why doesn't the DiMera panic room have an independent power source? Yes, the Phoenix was too cheap to ever install a decent alarm system, but this is absurd.
  • If the power is out in Salem because of the crazed threesome's bomb, how could they have so easily knocked out all power? When this is over, Mayor Abe will have some questions to answer..And where did the unholy trio get bomb-making materials?
  • The X-man, Clyde, and Orpheus think that they're in disguise? What Salemite ever wore clothes like what they've got on? All they've done is make themselves totally conspicuous. Of course, since Roman's cops couldn't spot a pink elephant it the Town Square, it probably won't matter.

I gotta say I thought today was a darn good show.

The Unholy Three: I find watching these three psycho alpha dogs constantly snipe at each other to be a blast. It's a shame that the Salem PD doesn't have someone like Detective Robert Goren (the character played by Vincent D'Onofrio on "Law & Order: Criminal Intent") on staff. Watching him play on their damaged psyches and unravel that evil alliance would be as much fun as watching a kitten play with a ball of yarn and if you don't know how much fun that is the answer is LOADS!! LOL

On a more serious note how creepy was that last scene with Orpheus and the Heinous Hillbilly staring at Kayla as she slept? The answer is very.

The Horton Game night was an absolute blast watching Julie trying to mimic A Star Is Born with Ciara innocently asking "Is that a sci-fi flick" was comedy gold. It was a moment that was very much needed.

I like Claire, I do, but this obsession with social media is getting old. Yeah, I know that she's a teenager and all, and she has mentioned going viral and YouTube before, but I may be wrong here the way she is so fixated on it seems to be new and I don't think it's a good fit.

It seems like Julie isn't going to miss an opportunity to tell JJ to drop Gabi. If they are going to go that route it just makes me wish they would have kept Mami Hernandez even more. I would have liked to see those ladies butt heads over that relationship

The musical interlude with Joey remembering him and Jade's first time was certainly random.

Gabi/JJ/Chad: I was glad to see Gabi and JJ acknowledge to each other that with the Unholy Three on the loose things are just too tense to find time to define their relationship. It's not a perfect solution but they are at least on the same page and Gabi won't feel shut out. That gives me confidence in their ability to work this out.

Now as far as the Chad and Gabi hug goes I don't think it was a big deal. Once again I didn't see it as romantic at all. I saw it as a spontaneous and comforting gesture between two people that at one time wouldn't think anything of it. But they had not been that close for a long time so it was a bit awkward. But It was about Abigail and not any romantic feeling.

So I remain as firm and unbending as the mighty oak on the issue of something happening between those two. And here's something that should probably be filed under "take with a grain of salt" but Billy Flynn (Chad) tweeted today that people should chill and that Chad "is not moving but is just trying to not be depressed."

Last edited:
HOLD THE PRESSES: Hope kissed BOTH her daughter and her granddaughter and told them to be good!!!
I was shocked to see Hope warmly kissing Claire on the cheek. It was like she almost knew Claire was more than just Ciara's "little friend".
f the power is out in Salem because of the crazed threesome's bomb, how could they have so easily knocked out all power? When this is over, Mayor Abe will have some questions to answer
Geez, Salem's infrastructure is the pits between exploding gas pipes, collapsed tunnels and now the crazy trio was apparently able to cut off all the power. Not to mention, Salem's internet is so bad that poor Claire could only get one bar of service at the Horton house.

Thanks for the summary. I haven't watched yet but am looking forward to it. This episode sounds good to me.

I used to like Claire, and maybe could again, but right now she is intolerable to me. Funny I would be praising Ciara for anything, but I was happy to hear she told Claire to back off about her career. I, for one, am sick of hearing about Claire's music career.

Thanks for the summary. A decent episode. Good set up for what's to come, that's for sure. Definitely the best part of the show was the three villains. Much better than Claire on social media (yet again), or seeing not-so-baby Arianna (she's like 3 now, isn't she?) still being treated like a baby. Then again, they did that a lot with Parker as well when he was younger. It was nice seeing Gabi with both JJ and Chad--I sure hope there ain't no love triangle between them. Also, nice to see the Hortons all together (minus Julie talking about Nick) and Adrienne/Lucas.

It was funny how Julie described the older version of A Star is Born with Judy Garland & James Mason while Jennifer used the remake with Kris Kristofferson & Barbra Streisand and none of teens knew what they were talking about. Boy, Julie needs to stop saying what Gabi did to Nick. Hey Julie, what about what Nick did to Gabi!

I wish that the convicts will kidnap Claire and dumb dumb Joey, leaving his Mom alone in the house. They really need to snap out of their own selfishness.

Shame on Chad for having no way to exit the Panic Room when the power goes out.

Can someone help explain how these convicts managed to get the power out on the whole town? Is it that easy to do?

The way Claire has been acting it's like she's sneaking out to meet with a guy or something. It's a noticeable change, Claire has never liked to be told what to do but she seems to have been written worst lately. Even Joey and Ciara called out Claire's ego and over confidence in today's episode. They sure are writing Claire as a self absorbed attention seeker! Sami Jr is correct!

Why did Joey have to go outside the house to use the phone to call Jade? That was lame, they should have just had Jade appear at Joey's door to talk or something with her leaving then the villains have Kayla. But what's done is done.

I enjoyed the Horton family scenes though was nice seeing all of them together under the circumstances. But yes today was pretty much another filler episode in my opinion. Let's hope they kick it up a notch tomorrow!

Claire volunteers to load the dishwasher....and skips out the back door, Ciara discovers this later.
I'm hoping Ciara goes after Claire, gets kidnapped, and we never hear from her again.
Ciara tries to tell Claire nicely
Is that what she was going for? It's so hard to tell. Frankly, anyone who would even consider for one second any advice the awful Teen Ciara gives is probably André-level bonkers.
She suggests maybe research into aplastic anemia, or getting matches for bone marrow transplants. Great idea, thank you, they hug. (??)
WOW when did Gabi learn about this? This is ancient history. Maybe they were talking about their brief periods of romantic obsession and Abby mentioned, "I was obsessed with Austin, the lamebrain professor whose bone marrow saved my life when I had aplastic anemia."
Granted, Jennifer might not have WiFi (which is doubtful, especially since Abby and JJ were always on their tablets and laptops), but at the very least, she has internet service.
She works from home waaay too much (or used to, when we were sure she had a job) not to have WiFi.
Making Claire the focus is definitely the way to go with the teens.
I agree, but I think she needs to be written more consistently.
Claire's storyline may be silly she has more of a conscience than Sami ever had and I do think this is probably temporary.
I hope so, because she's my favourite teen.
Between him and Victor, I fear Xander isn't long for this world.
I'm hoping for a nice twist like Xander killing Orpheus. Poetic justice.
What Salemite ever wore clothes like what they've got on? All they've done is make themselves totally conspicuous.
LOLOL - then it's the perfect Salem disguise!!
It seems like Julie isn't going to miss an opportunity to tell JJ to drop Gabi. If they are going to go that route it just makes me wish they would have kept Mami Hernandez even more. I would have liked to see those ladies butt heads over that relationship
There's still hope! Seriously - someone should drop kick Julie the next time she mentions what Gabi did to poor attempted rapist and successful blackmailer Nick.
When this is over, Mayor Abe will have some questions to answer
He can answer in two words: DA PLOT

I did enjoy the charades, but the generation gap was too large for the Hortons. Lucas should have been there.

Doug's absences are getting conspicuous. I do like that they mention him, but it makes me worry a bit.

Back