Days of Our Lives - Wed., Sept. 21, 2016

I guess having Claire not getting a signal just part of the story line, unless the three
villains did something. The reason why I still have a landline, Hopefully, it will work
if something bad happens.

I enjoyed game night at the Hortons.

I wonder if Julie will ever forgive Gabi?

Nice to see Lucas with Arianna. Today she smiled.

So everyone in a mansion should be safe from the villains with extra security. Why isn't anyone
watching Kayla or the Horton house? Don't they deserve protection too?

The reason why I still have a landline, Hopefully, it will work
if something bad happens.
Landlines almost always work when there's a disaster (unless your phone line is damaged). Always keep a cheap, corded phone handy. If the power goes out, landlines still work, unless you have a cordless phone, then they won't work.

It was funny how Julie described the older version of A Star is Born with Judy Garland & James Mason while Jennifer used the remake with Kris Kristofferson & Barbra Streisand and none of teens knew what they were talking about.
This could be par for the course. Once, when my son was around 22, he came into the living room and I pointed at the TV screen and said, "Look, there's Kirk Douglas when he was young." His response was, "Who's Kirk Douglas?" When I said that he was Michael Douglas's father, he said, "Oh, the old guy," meaning Michael Douglas.

As for Teen Claire, she certainly has a skewed view of the world. She probably thinks that tomorrow's Salem Spectator should have a banner headline proclaiming: "TEEN SINGING SENSATION'S YOUTUBE ACCOUNT KNOCKED OUT." Buried on page five would be an article about Salem losing all power and that Orpheus, Clyde and the X-man were still on the loose.

And where did the unholy trio get bomb-making materials?
They were under the Salem Money Tree.

The X-man, Clyde, and Orpheus think that they're in disguise?
Yeppers. That's right up there with those slouch hats that Rafe and Sami wore.

Can someone help explain how these convicts managed to get the power out on the whole town?
There's only one breaker. It's located under the plaque at Horton Town Square.

sportzgirl, I prefer the 1937 version of "A Star Is Born" with Fredric March and Janet Gaynor. ::SIGH::

Did [Chad] build the security room as a result of that or is this room something that's been around right along?
These things just magically appear, sort of like the two dozen rooms above The Brady Pub.

Last edited:
I thought one of the villains said they bought wigs. Why didn't they wear them?

Xander wore glasses just like Clark Kent and we know the people where he lives
haven't figured out who he is :)

I'm glad Steve noticed Orpheus, but he didn't do a good job locating him.

As for Teen Claire, she certainly has a skewed view of the world. She probably thinks that tomorrow's Salem Spectator should have a banner headline proclaiming: "TEEN SINGING SENSATION'S YOUTUBE ACCOUNT KNOCKED OUT." Buried on page five would be an article about Salem losing all power and that Orpheus, Clyde and the X-man were still on the loose.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::clap:

• If the power is out in Salem because of the crazed threesome's bomb, how could they have so easily knocked out all power? When this is over, Mayor Abe will have some questions to answer..And where did the unholy trio get bomb-making materials?

Puerto Rico had a blackout last night and apparently it's because the entire island is on one grid. Maybe Salem is too.

I was shocked to see Hope warmly kissing Claire on the cheek. It was like she almost knew Claire was more than just Ciara's "little friend".

I wonder if a scene or line got cut at the beginning. Though I liked Hope acknowledging Claire and her behavior, where was the connectivity between Marlena dragging her home and her suddenly being with Hope and Ciara? That's not a line that should have been cut.

In a blackout situation, wifi wouldn't work because it's powered by electricity. Cell service may or may not work. I've been in extended blackouts where my cell phone has worked. In fact, I would get news and electricity company updates via text. But perhaps the trio did something to the cell towers as well.

Yes, during the blackout the WiFi wouldn't work, but during the episode, Claire was complaining about only have one bar of service on her cell phone. The power was still on and she could've easily used Jennifer's computer or jumped on Jen's WiFi connection.

Yep, the name of that channel is Turner Classic Movies....or TCM for short. I saw the Judy Garland version lst.......then the Janey Gaynor version. I have seen the Streisand one just once.....I think at the time I ended up turning it off, changing the channel or something like that. Just wasn't, in MY opinion, up to the standard of the previous versions.

Claire is just too self absorbed, reminds me of a relative of hers. LOL

Have to say, that sometimes I get distracted by something, missing something else, as I "what the blazes?" to myself. LOL

Chad did say there was some sort of "backup" button (which I am assuming might be attached to a generator....) but that the room was new, and it had not been checked yet to see if all was in working order. :rolleyes:

Back