Days of Our Lives - Wed., Sept. 21, 2016

Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) is in his early 90's. Perhaps that is why he is seldom seen, but often mentioned. Go Doug!

He seems pretty active on Twitter and in their regular travels. I think it's more a budgetary thing since these episodes are featuring more and more characters. They probably figure Julie is more relevant since she is the actual Horton.

I enjoyed the ep mostly.

The bits which I didn't enjoy:

- Claire being a self-absorbed twit, but I will concede that she's acting like a teenager at least.
- Steve getting in Aiden's face and telling him what to do. That's not going to get Aiden out of town, that's just going to make him more suspicious. But it is totally in character for Steve to do that.

The bits I did:

- Steve finding the Trio's lair
- Adrienne and Lucas are actually growing on me a lot, they are cute and sweet
- Theo and Chad
- Actually One Big Happy Extended Dimera Family all around was enjoyable
- Julie going on about Nick - again, it's in character for her to mention it, if she swept it all under the rug without comment it'd be ignoring history. And JJ handled it well I thought.
- The creepy ending with poor Kayla

I don't mind Chad and Gabi because I don't think its going to actually pan out. I don't read spoilers anymore so this is speculation on my part, but I think this is just to generate friction between JJ and Gabi, who are kind of boring (cute, but boring). The panic room stuff was woven in fairly well - it would have been better if it had been mentioned on Monday or something, but it wasn't a total obvious plot point so I can roll.

Last edited:
Agree, they do a lot of traveling, even did a tour of the U.S.A. in the last year or two, a great deal of it by car. Plus they do shows on cruises. Bill Hayes (Doug) reminds me of Bob Hope in that respect. Bob Hope never retired, did he? LOL

I was at a Beauty and the Beast 25th anniversary screening in NYC on Sunday night where 91 year old Angela Lansbury walked out and sang the title song in front of a live audience just as well as she did 25 years ago. She also walked and talked with no assistance whatsoever.

People like her, Betty White and Bill Hayes (Doug) are inspirational to me.

Back