Days of Our Lives - Wed., Sept. 28, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A rather slow episode, but some interesting moments. At the Pub, Chad is having a meeting with a very nervous business man, who has flown in from CA, but all the cops, the blackout, etc. has him take off, promising he will do a face to face call via internet. He wants out of Salem. Gabi comes in, sits with Chad, lots of more or less shop talk, chatting, Raising a kid alone, trying to rebuild DiMera Enterprises, etc.

Jennifer is talking with JJ at home, telling him he has to let go, stop blaming others, that what happened to Abby was not Chad's fault, all Ben. JJ whines about Gabi having the job with Chad, about being locked in the panic room, etc. Jen tells him Abby would not want him acting this way, concentrate on those family & friends who are here, who you love, and definitely spend every minute you can with Gabi.

The brat....I mean Claire...is trying to convince Paul to let her go over to the Pub, so she can use that tablet. She brags of her "channel", but Paul is firm, nice, but firm. Curfew in force tonight, she is staying put. He cannot get over how despite being held at gunpoint, she still wants to leave. She protests that the bad guys belong in jail, not her. Sonny arrives, Claire goes to her room. Sonny just wanted to check on Paul, make sure he was o.k., complains that while the Kmansion is full, everyone has their own wing, etc. so quiet there. Flashback to when Sonny was leaving for Paris, had to get away from Salem, the memories of Will, etc. Sonny lets Paul know that they are friends, and really, they cannot have anything more.Sonny knows that.

At the cop shop, John, Marlena, Brady are talking with Abe about the situation, the fact all are targets, etc. Brady is rather impatient and angry. Marlena has done a profile on Clyde, who had been her patient. She thinks he feels he has failed Ben, wants to make it up to him. She figures he lost confidentiality when he kidnapped a child, he crossed a line. Abe will see all the cops get one of these. He gets a call, but impatient Brady wants answers, chases after Abe, offers the help of the Kiriakis security people, knows the cops are stretched thin. Abe refuses, tell Brady to go home to his family, be with them.

JJ has rented a hotel room, calls Gabi to meet him there. She does, but he has fallen asleep. She lays down next to him. He seems to have a gun on the bed, next to his hand. After a while, she stirs, touches him, or kisses his cheek, he is startled awake, hand on the gun. Sorry he dozed off. She teases about him being able to buy flowers, but not very romantic the rest of the "being prepared". He turns on music, and they slow dance, very romantically, eventually ending up on the bed......untill JJ gets a call about something at the college, has to leave, should not be gone long. She will wait.

Chad has come to see Jennifer, is telling her, quietly, how he has been putting all Abby's things together. Has taken him a long time, been hard, now are in boxes up in the attic. He thought he was done, but then he was looking in the dresser, found this. A watch with two faces, one is set to the second of when she said yes to his proposal. He was going to give it to her on their anniversary, wants Jen to have it. She thinks he should, for Thomas, but he says for her to keep to give to Thomas, even wear it sometimes. She says the 2nd watch face is for NOW....and moving on. She makes him promise that when he sees her wearing it, he thinks of now, of being happy again. They hug.

Sonny comes home to overhear Brady talking to his men, who seem to have spotted the 3 fugitives down by the docks, he orders a hit. Sonny gets upset, Brady reminds him Xander wants to do in ALL the Kfamily, starting with Victor on down. Later, both are at the docks, seeing Warehouse 195, Brady gets a call that the 3 guys are inside. orders his men to go in, take them dead or alive.

At the cop shop, Paul has arrived, left a guard on Claire at the apt., John & Marlena still there, Abe comes in, has a report of Kiriakis security men down by warehouse 195, gunfire.
Back with Brady & Sonny, still watching....oops, the bad guys not inside, warehouse empty, all a mistake, yada yada.

At the cop shop, John's phone goes off, it is Claire. She only says Grampa? We see her, John is asking her where is she? A hand reaches out, takes Claire's phone from her, and Orpheus says "She's with me".

I can easily fast forward anything with Chad and Gabi talking, or anything with Claire, because she is so narcissistic that I want to poke myself in the eye. I would rather watch Chad alone than having a clothing discussion with Gabi. Claire is beyond being a brat. She is totally wasted air space. Yeah, and JJ brooding is boring.

:OT: Excellent indeed, KathyLu. Loved it ! By the way, did you know it was first a French movie ? "Les fugitifs" with Gérard Depardieu and Pierre Richard ?

19701351.jpg

:back:

They did a number on John's hair as well:rolleyes::eek:

Can Brady be any more of an idiot?! I mean really! All of my excitement about him being in a scene with his parents was negated by the 2nd half of the show with him and Sonny playing Cops and Robbers. What purpose did those scenes even serve? He should have been there for the Claire reveal at the end. She is his niece.

Who wants to take bets on whether Grandma Hope is involved and worried tomorrow?

I liked the Claire/Paul scenes. She is acting like a typical teen. And I'd still much rather see her than her fellow teen Aunt.

Nice to see some romance with JJ and Gabi. I hope JJ gets involved with the search for his cousins.

LOVED the Jen/Chad stuff but between that and the JJ/Gabi stuff I thought it was setting up for something to happen between Gabi and Chad.

I did like that it was explained who had a generator and who didn't. We also see sunlight through the windows which explains why it's light inside the home sets. Good continuity to have the blackout continue into the next day. That's realistic. Plot driven too I'm sure but also realistic.

So it was actually nice to see Jennifer in something casual and not sleeveless, LOL! Even though it looked like high fashion nurses scrubs to be honest!

Her scenes with Chad were well done though I did find it an odd gift of a wedding anniversary watch from Chad to give to Jennifer. Considering Jennifer was never fond of Abby marrying Chad to begin with, however the last part of "remember this moment" was at least sweet of Jen to Chad.

Paul definitely has a lot of patience for Claire. The fact he was able to tolerate her as long as he did made me like the guy even more and how he pointed out about Claire's social media addiction. I'm surprised Claire didn't give Orpheus a fit to use his cell phone to make a status update on Facebook about how scared she is!

From Claire being written as level headed and down to earth real, to this bratty rebellious teen it's almost a instant change. Though sometimes once teens turn 18 they probably can do a 180. I suppose I did too!

The dark suspenseful music playing when Sonny was talking about his loyalty being proud of being a Kiriakis stood out to me, almost like a future Victor in the making perhaps. Though I can understand why Sonny just wants to drown into business and family, it's a distraction from Will's memory. Already they have written Sonny much different after Will's death, wonder if Sonny will start to get into darker waters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's fill in here a bit. Abe, & JJ have both noted that it is day, that the looting will get worse tonight, Paul & Sonny mentioned the curfew.

Chad bought the watch for Abby.....he was just showing Jennifer, and he said he did not want to put it up in the attic at the house, would rather Jen keep it for Thomas. It was later he mentioned her wearing it sometimes if she wanted to do so.

Sonny was not happy at all with the "hit" Brady ordered, told him to notify the cops. Brady gave him the song and dance about all Xander wanting to kill all the K family. Sonny went with Brady to the docks only to observe (stupid, I agree) wanting to see the bad guys captured/killed.

As to Brady going off half cocked suddenly......give me a break. This jerk finally is with his parents, getting filled in, is let in on all the cops are trying to do, and still has to go off on his own despite being told they do not need to begin dealing with a citizens' vigilante group.

Tonight the roles of Michael and Sonny Corleone will be played by Sonny Kiriakis and Brady Black. I mean seriously where the heck did that come from? I half expected Sonny to say "Don't ever ask me about my family's business, Paul." Again I say, I what the heck?

Gabi/JJ/Chad: Again I only see friendship between Gabi and Chad although I did find it interesting that Chad and Gabi have apparently known each other since they were kids. Well I suppose that Chad could have called Gabi "Skinny Minnie" and "Crabby Gabi" in high school but that would have been rather odd. LOL

I was glad to hear Gabi say she doesn't like feeling trapped or being locked in because even though she's been free for a while, I would imagine that's an side effect of being incarcerated that doesn't go away. Although I would have thought that would have been triggered when she and Chad were trapped in the panic room. But que sera sera as Doris Day used to say.

Finally we got a tender moment with JJ and Gabi again. I'm just glad to see them on the same page hopefully they can stay that way. Still keeping my fingers and toes crossed for these two.

Claire: Whenever I see her I am increasingly reminded of an internet meme I saw some years ago that said: "We wait two years for our kids to start walking and talking and spend the next sixteen years wanting them to sit down and shut up!" That's what I want Claire to do: just sit in a corner somewhere, cradle her tablet, and be quiet.

But now that she is in the clutches of the Unholy Three, I can't help but think of the short story "The Ransom of Red Chief" by O. Henry. It's about two crooks who kidnap a rich man's young son. The kid turns out be such a rambunctious and uncontrollable little monster that the crooks end up paying his rich dad $250 to take him back. I think it be a hoot if Claire continues to whine incessantly about WiFi and her YouTube page that the Unholy Three end up fleeing to the gates of Statesville begging to be let back in just get away from her.

But now that she is in the clutches of the Unholy Three, I can't help but think of the short story "The Ransom of Red Chief" by O. Henry. It's about two crooks who kidnap a rich man's young son. The kid turns out be such a rambunctious and uncontrollable little monster that the crooks end up paying his rich dad $250 to take him back. I think it be a hoot if Claire continues to whine incessantly about WiFi and her YouTube page that the Unholy Three end up fleeing to the gates of Statesville begging to be let back in just get away from her.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

It was prima donna Wednesday in Salem. First, there was the queen of the self-absorbed absurdly claiming to Paul that "I am not a kid," and then comparing her surroundings to "jail." This is ironic since by the end of the episode she became a prisoner. Perhaps, she can get the Orpheus Gang to release her because she's such a YouTube singing sensation. :sarcasm: Then there was Brady berating the poor, beleaguered Mayor Abe. Poor Abe has three crazed convicts running loose, the power station has been destroyed, and looters are running amok. Does he really have time to listen to an entitled Kiriakis? (Abe deserved a lot of credit for not blowing his stack and ordering Brady out of the police station.) And then of course, Brady then doubles down on his lack of judgment and sends his incompetent, trigger-happy security team after phantoms. When Roman hears about this, he's likely to say more than "dammit."

Elsewhere, Sonny wasn't exactly clicking on all cylinders. He actually thinks that dear old Uncle Vic has gone totally legit? Perhaps, Kate can fill him in on the antiquities thefts. And why was he surprised about Brady giving the green light to shoot the X-man and his funny friends? After all, Mr. Black is the same guy who once ordered a Kiriakis thug to shoot Chad. If this keeps up, people will be telling Paul that Sonny isn't good enough for him.

Last edited:
As a former high school teacher, Claire is waayyy more obsessed. It borders on theater of the absurd. As a parent, I would have rescinded her cell phone privileges by now. She would have a Trac phone that allowed her to call 911 and her parents. This wagging of our heads and wringing hands is not productive, especially to the storyline.

She was the maturer teen when she arrived, now she is beyond annoying. Someone please tell her to just shut up. She isn't that great. Ask Rebecca Black how that all worked out for her. She was famous for all the wrong reasons on YouTube. She made a couple of quasi palatable recordings but it's been 3-4 years. Claire expects things to fall in or out of place overnight based on wifi availability.

As a parent, I would have rescinded her cell phone privileges by now.

Except Claire is 18 years old so she is technically an adult:) Though again, I think aging the teens to 18 was a high mistake, especially since none of them act it.

Did anyone else find it odd that Abe has been running this investigation all along? He is the Mayor. No longer a cop. And basically we saw all non-cops at the police station today. Where is Shawn-Douglas when you need him? Josh Taylor (Roman) is on contract. Utilize him! Or have Rafe run the investigation. This is just silly.

I could see the mayor staying on top of the situation, being there is looting, and electric people coming in from Chicago to help get the power back on. That is something he would be involved in. But......hard to believe he is down at the P.D. running the escaped convicts search. Why is Roman out in the field. He is Commander or Commissioner and should be there at all times.

After seeing all the police officers in the cop shop yesterday, I'm glad they are not there today.
Except several were at the Brady Pub at the same time. Were they passing out donuts? :)

Chad did something to his hair too. Maybe power hair to go with the power suit.

I wonder when the man arrived that was meeting with Chad since airport closed now.

Does the Salem Inn have a power generator too?

Nice to see Jen wear something casual at home.

I enjoyed Sonny and Paul until they started talking about family and taking sides.

Hopefully, no one was hurt or injured at the warehouse.

Claire, Claire, Claire. Do you believe them now that you would be in danger if

you left home?

Sonny lets Paul know that they are friends, and really, they cannot have anything more.Sonny knows that.
Keep this, true.
She says the 2nd watch face is for NOW....and moving on. She makes him promise that when he sees her wearing it, he thinks of now, of being happy again. They hug.
Praise you, writers! Thank you for ending this dumb vendetta!
I liked the Claire/Paul scenes. She is acting like a typical teen. And I'd still much rather see her than her fellow teen Aunt
Even though my love for her is dwindled, I still like her, and second your emotions.
Sonny was not happy at all with the "hit" Brady ordered,
Sonny has been anti-violence since he laid down the law in ending the Kiriakis-DiMera war. I'm glad to see a recognisable Jackson Kiriakis in Salem, finally.
I think it be a hoot if Claire continues to whine incessantly about WiFi and her YouTube page that the Unholy Three end up fleeing to the gates of Statesville begging to be let back in just get away from her.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
After all, Mr. Black is the same guy who once ordered a Kiriakis thug to shoot Chad.
See above.

If John and Marlena get Claire back unharmed, that girl should be shipped off to Hong Kong immediately to be with her parents. Seriously, she's becoming worse than Ciara! I liked Paul with Claire today, but he's too nice of a guy to be dealing with such a willful teen.

So Brady had this great plan to have the Kiriakis team go in and take out Xander, Clyde, and Orpheus. Uh, did he forget that they are holding Joey as a hostage and would probably use him as a shield if there were any altercation? What he also did not realize was that they have now taken Claire as well and she might have been hurt as well. I hope Roman, Abe, John, Marlena, and even Steve and Kayla get on to him for such a stupid action. I wish Sonny had not tagged along with him. Sonny is too trusting of both Brady and thinking Victor has changed in his dirty dealings.

Gabi and JJ were cute, but somehow I feel there will be more conflict between them. Chad and Jennifer were also good together. I am glad that Jennifer realizes that what happened to Abby was due to Ben's actions and not Chad's at all and even encouraged JJ to move past it. That's the Jennifer I remember and love.

Thanks for the summary, an OK show. Why did the writers have to dumb down Claire? I was really liking her character. Hopefully I can again soon. It was nice seeing all the character interactions. Today wasn't as exciting as recent episodes, but it sure wasn't bad. As for Sonny and Paul, I think Sonny is protesting too much. I'm sure they'll be back together soon.

JJ and Gabi had some sweet moments. That's a relationship which needed more airtime so I'm happy about that.

Potentially Dark Sonny is intriguing, but going along with Moron Brady is always a bad idea.

Claire deserved to get caught by Orpheus.

Edited to add: I liked Jenn talking JJ down from his Chad-hating session and I'm happy Jenn and Chad are getting along because it means the idiotic fight over Thomas has been dropped.

Claire may be 18 but I bet you dollars to doughnuts her parents pay her cell phone bill. Too bad Shawn and Belle didn't have another child or two. It might have levelled them and Claire. Flouncing, batting her eyes and smirking at adults trying to protect her is not working for me. Big fish, small pond is even an over statement.

I really wish Chloe would stop encouraging her to the extent she has. Phil seems to be the only one who thinks Claire is a work in progress. He really only offered her a recording deal to get to Belle. That didn't work. Now Claire is over the top.

I avoid her scenes. They need to stop this downward spiral of her character. They did the overkill on Ciara to the point no one cared. New writing regime, fix this, please!

Back