Days of Our Lives - Wed., Sept. 28, 2016

I get the feeling that perhaps the present team is trying to deal with the influx of SORAS'd teens, played by actors with not much experience, but were quickly thrown front and center. So, the spotlight was taken away, but these ARE children of long time families. Both Theo & Claire seem to be able to handle whatever is written for them, and they both do great with whatever dialogue they have.

That does not help with the fact the writers have now had Claire become such a self-centered brat, with no regard for the safety and well being of herself or her family, with her actions causing much trouble for others. But, at least this actress can handle it, make it believable.

This is what should have been written for Claire and the teens a year ago before we had the rape, Ava's murder, etc. The rape never should have happened. Chase could have been in a triangle with Ciara and Claire and/or a quadrangle. A teen Allie, Joy Wesley and Tyler Kiriakis could have been added to the mix as well. So aside from the college bit, these kids are acting 16 currently. I wish they would just have de-SORASed them back to 16. I would have suspended reality if they did another year of high school and said the prom was really a junior prom.

The more I see of this show, the more it becomes apparent how bad things were behind the scenes with the head writing team. Bringing Aiden, Clyde, Xander and Eve back are a few other examples of what seemed like one writer not wanting to write for the characters and then another one wanting to write for them.

This is much more the behavior of middle schoolers. High school students are not this vapid today. This war of the writers is only causing angst for the fans. They need to pull their collective heads out of their butts and write real soap stories. Just call it a mulligan and move on.

Orpheus doesn't need the two losers. He could make havoc on his own. Maybe they are going to use their mayhem to eliminate characters that were added and no one needs. One can only hope.

Can Claire be any more self centered and obnoxious??! I thought it was funny when she said she's not a kid because I believe the actress has not turned 17 yet. Guess I'm mean, but she deserved to be abducted by Orpheus.

Oh Sonny. Why can't you and Paul go back there? They obviously care a lot about each other.

At one time Sonny & Paul cared a lot about each other. But Paul hid his relationship with Sonny back then. And, thru no one's fault, Paul ended up having sex with Will. Now...Paul had no idea Will was hooked up with Sonny, as Will hid that fact. And Sonny never told Will about Paul. So......I think it makes for "awkward" all the way around.

(And no, I have not forgotten Will cheated on Sonny in CA as well. )

I like that Paul & Sonny are good friends.....just as I like that Nicole is good friends with Brady....and with Chloe, who could easily have never spoken to Nicole again after the bacteria incident.

Nicole really got Deimos to back off his relentlessness in re: the baby Chloe is carrying.

:OT: Is that the one with Danny DiVito playing the husband? If so, am with you. loved it! :back:

I know when I was that age, never acted the way Claire does, and neither did any of my fellow classmates. But it isn't just teens who are obsessed or addicted to social media, their phones and tablets. I swear, sometimes I wonder if there won't be groups like AA springing up.

Back