Days of Our Lives - Wed., Sept. 3, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Daniel & Kayla talk about the information they have received, which could possibly work, but when they consider the source, they have reservations. Daniel makes a call.

Marlena is telling off Kristen in her hotel room, but Kristen claims she is there to save John, not hurt him. Marlena doesn't believe her, Kristen tells her to check with Daniel. Her phone rings, it is Daniel, who wants to meet with her. Kristen cannot come to the hospital because of the restraining order, tells him to come to her hotel room. Nope, she should come to his office. Marlena is floored, not understanding what is going on, but goes to Daniel's office with Kristen. And now Marlena learns of the info, a breakthrough drug that could bring John out of his coma. But only part of the formula. Seems the still smirking Kristen has "conditions", just as Marlena suspected. First, Kristen doesn't want Brady to know a thing, til they see if this works. She doesn't want to get his hopes up. And next, she needs to talk to Marlena alone. Dan & Kayla leave, but stay outside the door.
Kristen lets Marlena know that her daddy dearest is the one who got this scientist for them (from somewhere in the world! LOL) and her daddy dearest loves her wants her safe and not to go to jail. So Marlena has to get Eric to agree to drop charges, or not testify. Marlena is dismayed, she leaves. Daniel comes in, tells Kristen he already figured what she wanted...for Eric not to testify. He assures her Brady wants nothing to do with her ever, and she will not get him back at all. Smile and smirk, she leaves.

Brady & Theresa continue their roll in the hay, and finally are in afterglow. She mentions they never had sex after they married, but now...after the annulment. She asks what happened, he is reluctant to say a word, just apologizes, he is sorry. They are dressed and downstairs, she gives him the annulment envelope, he apologizes again. No need. She does mention this is the first time they ever had sex while both were sober. He gets a call from a nurse about his dad, they will be moving him. Theresa leaves, but outside is smiling as John isn't waking up. And while Brady may think this was a one time thing, she knows different.

Paige arrives at JJ's, sees a big box addressed to her. Seems he put together some stuff for her, as she was going to Stanford, so now he intends to just put the box away. Nope, she wants to see. She goes thru the box, finds a Stanford cap, she puts it on. A teddy bear wearing the vests they both wore during the community service period. She loves it. A framed photo of JJ & Paige. He says there is something more, but they both have to get more naked for it. Next scene both are coming out of a swim in the lake , she in a bikini, he in swim trunks. They fall on the blanket, talk about Salem U classes. Both taking music theory. Jabber, jabber.

Sami is on the phone with Kate, telling her to calm down, quit yelling, blah, blah. She sees Nicole and Eric out the window. Seems Nicole has chased after Eric, trying to convince him that she dropped the papers accidentally. He doesn't believe her, they argue. Out comes Sami, jumping to the defense of her brother, insulting Nicole, who is insulting Sami right back. Both are yelling at each other at the same time, saying all kinds of things, with Eric trying to stop them. Finally Nicole says something about Sami not taking care of her motherless children, or something like that, Eric halts them both, Nicole says "She started it". She then apologizes for what she said about Sami kids, as Sami's lower lip quivers a bit. Nicole was just mad, she did not mean it. Eric takes Sami away, they chatter as they sip on sodas.
Nicole is having a martini in the Pub, when Caroline comes up, takes the martini away, asks Nicole how dare she come in there. Nicole says Caroline told her she was always welcome. Ah, but that is before you destroyed my grandson. Nicole is indignant, that was Kristen, take her martini away. Oh, but you destroyed the evidence that would have cleared Eric. Nicole recites all she did, and how she went to Rome, testified, Eric was cleared, and HE made the choice to not return to the priesthood. Not me.

Marlena is with John, talking of all Eric has gone thru. How can she ask him to not testify. She takes out her phone, calls Eric, says she has something important to ask him and to come and meet her.

Brady is in John's room, telling his dad this is not over. Kayla comes in, fumbles a bit as she says that there is going to be a bit of a delay in moving John. She quickly leaves, calls Daniel, tells him she really did not do a good job stalling Brady. In his office, Daniel says he will come...then sees where Kristen purposely left her lipstick. "Still playing games, aren't you Kristen", mutters Daniel.

Sami has returned to DiMansion, pours herself a drink, looks out the French doors, then shuts them, turns around, drops her drink, as she stares......Stefano's portrait is back in it's place.

Theresa is all smiles, sitting in the Pub, as she calls Anne, can't wait to tell her what has happened. No, not with John......this is about Brady. Big grin. "Oh, really, do tell" smiles Kristen, as she stands over Theresa, ready to join her.

Wow, who knew that there were undiscovered drugs out that that would fix brain damage due to skull fractures?? Well, Stefano and Kristen, that's who knew. Could this plot be any more ridiculous??? (yes, of course it can, just give it time. The undiscovered, untested drugs probably plant memories while healing the brain tissue that allow for the comatose to remember only the good times of the person who provided the information)

Too bad real people with traumatic brain injury aren't as lucky.

Thanks for the summary, Poirot.

I watched the show live today. And, no joke, I almost fell asleep. Nothing very entertaining in my opinion. Especially the parts with JJ and Paige. Wow ! Talk about snooze worthy ! zzzzzzzzzz

Brady : stupid as ever

Theresa : Who knows, with that girl. :rolleyes:

Kristen : Wipe the smirk, woman ! Enough, already ! And we all saw it coming : "Oh, daddy loves his little girl, so Eric must not testify". Puleeeeeze. I almost fell off my couch, as I did not expect that ! :sarcasm:

But what struck me the most about today, were all the double standards going on. So I guess Sami can insult Nicole, yell at her, going as far as reminding her of the children Nicole lost (and lots of people have done that in the past, not just Sami), but Nicole ? Oh, no ! At least, Nicole has the decency to apologize right away, something Sami would never, ever do.

Speaking of double standards, so I guess it's O.K. for Stefano to eat at the Brady Pub, it's O.K. for EJ too, heck, pretty much every criminal goes there, including Nick before he died. (A while back, I posted a thread on this very subject, called "sneeze muffins in the Brady Pub", stating that I did not get how these criminals could still be patrons at their enemy's restaurant). Today, I got my answer : All these criminals deserve to be served, but Nicole ? Oh, nooooo. Heaven forbid ! A whole different set of rules in Salem for Nicole !

And Saint Eric can forgive and forget everything Sami ever did, going as far as joking around with her concerning these stunts (as he called the crap Sami has pulled over the years), but the "good guy" can't give Nicole a break. Again, I was sorry to see Nicole running after that gloom-and-doom loser.

Get a backbone, Nicole ! Oh, and also, enough with the "you are as bad as Kristen is" when talking to Nicole. :sick: She made a terrible mistake (which, again, Eric should own up his part as he did tell Nicole he loved her no matter what), but she did not drug and rape him. :beat:

And lastly, Super Dan is back ! Hurray ! :sarcasm: So apparently, Kayla can't think and act without his precious input, now, right ? Super Dan knew what Kristen was going to ask of Marlena, and Super Dan had to know that Brady was at the hospital at the end of the show, since Kayla "didn't do a good job of hiding things".

And Super Dan found the lipstick right away. Bravo, detective ! What ? Did it contain a microchip or something ? What was the point ? In fact, why did Kristen leave it in the first place ? I bet the writers don't know that one either. :rolleyes:

And don't get me started on the "miracle drug" with the missing link in the formula ! How stupid can this get ?

All right, off my soap box now, going to the corner with Rew to :drunk:

I love how Nicole is not welcome in the Pub but Stefano and EJ are welcome anytime they want. :rolleyes: I'm glad Nicole told Caroline that Kristen is the main culprit here and that if Eric still wanted to be a priest he could be and that's not HER fault.
So Kristen is going to get out of jail free again. Gee, didn't see that one coming. :beat: I hope it's tomorrow soon in Salem so I don't have to see that orange dress ever again.

I wonder if the portrait in the mansion was really changed (meaning Stefano is back) or if Sami is just hallucinating.

So does Theresa think she's going to worm her way back into Brady's life just because they slept together or does she think perhaps she might be pregnant? Hmmmm..... Can't wait for the Theresa/Kristen showdown tomorrow.

I love how Nicole is not welcome in the Pub but Stefano and EJ are welcome anytime they want. :rolleyes:
Amen. Dumping on Nicole seems to have become the favorite indoor and outdoor sport among self-righteous Salemites who live in glass houses. As for Mr. Sanctimony himself, Eric, if the Vatican knew how he was conducting himself, it just might rescind the offer to let him return to the priesthood. Meanwhile, viewers were treated to another "only in Salem" legal scenario. Assuming that the infamous tape is held by the D.A's office, Eric is perhaps the least important of Melinda Trask's possible witnesses. All he can testify to is that he was drugged, something that can be verified by Nicole and hospital records. Nicole and Dr. McScruffy can testify about the existence and contents of the Chyka papers, and numerous people have heard the Salem witch admit to her crime. Finally, it was good to see that at least one newspaper is doing well in this era of declining circulation numbers. The masthead of today's Spectator (50 cents per issue) included the words, "highest circulation in our history." Apparently for its publishers, the bizarre doings of leading Salemites are a gift that keeps on giving.

Today I found myself rearranging my sock drawer and counting the number of hairs on my head but here are my thoughts when I actually paid attention.

Eric and Nicole: Wash, spin and repeat. In the words of Forrest Gump "That's all I have to say about that."

Kristen: I just don't get the appeal of characters like Kristen and her daddy. I know everybody loves a great villain and I'm no different but I just don't get it. I know a lot of people do though and that's cool. Different strokes for different folks.

J.J. and Paige: They're okay I suppose if I was in their age demographic I might get into them but alas I am not and therefore they just fill like filler to me. Now if the right story were to be written for them maybe I could see them as more then that maybe even jump in and cheer "YES J.J. AND PAIGE ARE ON TODAY!!!' And do fist pumps and a happy dance and all sorts of things. But that story has yet to be written.

Brady and Theresa: Well that happened. Since this so clearly a disaster in the making I see no point in getting invested.

@Troy42, I'd like to explain the appeal of Stefano to me over the last year. It all started when the writers decided that EJ was smart enough to steal control of Dimera Enterprises from Stefano last summer during that whole Sami shot Bernardi story. And then they repeated that very same story this year, but with Sami and Kate taking control of the company. Any one who has watched DAYS the last 20-30 years, knows that Stefano Dimera knows EVERYTHING, especially if it has to do with his family. We're supposed to believe that simpletons like EJ and Sami could pull off something like this right under his nose.

Nope, I'm not buying it. So Stefano, for me, serves as a restorer of balance. I rejoiced last year when he made EJ kiss the ring after he begged "fatha" to take the company back and save Sami. And I'm hoping Sami and Kate are subjected to some groveling whenever Stefano blows back into town.

Sparkster, good point about the portrait. I guess we'll have to wait until
tomorrow to see if it actually changed. We know how Sami's mind works
because she kept seeing Nick.

But Kristen kept talking about Stefano today. Father wants this done so
she won't have to go to jail.

Decisions, decisions. I'm not sure what I would do if I was in Marlena's shoes.
Could I throw my son under the bus to save the love of my life :love:

I wonder how Theresa kept her hair so nice after rolling around in bed.

Someone in Salem needs to remind residents about recycling. Nicole throw
the paper in the trash can instead of a recycle bin.

And who was taking pictures of JJ and Paige? A friend? Will the picture
get posted on the internet?

cryin4days, thank you for your response and I want amend what I said somewhat; I remember being a little kid and watching with my mom when Stefano was first introduced and thinking he was cool then. He had that accent and that dark old world charm that wasn't really typical of soap characters. And I like that he has little quirks that can even make him kind of funny.

I remember one time he was breaking up a fight between two of his sons, I believe I don't know who, and he actually said "Oh my goodness gracious" and last year at EJ and Sami's engagement party he said "okey-dokey." Just things that should NOT come out of his mouth. Those are just little touches that give him dimension.

But my problem is kind of what you like about him that he KNOWS everything. That kind of omniscence just seems more fitting of a comic book villain and that's not a diss because I'm a comic book fan but it just doesn't really jibe in what's supposed to be a real world setting aside from the melodrama of course.

I will say one of the saving graces of his impending return this time is that Stefano has been out of town and isn't making his 4,085th return from the grave. I know he's called The Phoenix for a reason but really. LOL

I missed the first 20 minutes yesterday and today and DON'T CARE!

I will say this about Kristen. Eileen Davidson's(Kristen) talents were immensely wasted the last month or so. Even though this story is predictable, at least Kristen is finally being Kristen and is interesting to watch. I am SO ready for the showdown tomorrow however, I do think Eve will show up and even the score against Kristen.

I tuned out JJ and Paige as per usual but I think the photographer was Eve.

Stefano can't come back to Salem fast enough for me. Of course he knows all and I've never for a second believed Sami and Kate could pull this whole thing off so easily. The ultimate twist here would be EJ and Stefano working together and Kristen too.

I need to see Kayla more often and in different storylines.

Why is it that the women on this show either wear dresses that are too low cut or too short? Why can't there be a middle ground?

I actually enjoyed JJ and Paige's scenes, except for the mysterious photographer, which I think is totally unnecessary. We JUST did this with Abby/EJ; at least that was actually scandalous! Is someone going to threaten to show Eve pictures of her daughter *gasp* kissing JJ? Or is there yet another psycho stalker wandering around Salem, obsessed with Paige or JJ and planning to eventually kidnap them? Either way I don't think we need this. I also wish we had seen a story where Paige DID go to Stanford, she and JJ have a long distance relationship but he also meets another girl at Salem U.

Kristen's storyline is so far fetched I don't know where to begin. I don't mind Daniel being involved in it or figuring out what she's up to (which really is not that hard to figure out anyway.) Him allowing her in his apartment after what she just tried to do to him is stupid. Him LEAVING his own apartment so Kristen can chat with Marlena privately is doubly stupid. And I have no idea what was up with the lipstick. Did Kristen plant a bug in it? Or is this part of a bizarre plot to get Daniel and Jen back together so Kristen can take credit for that? :confused: Also, I wish Marlena had secretly recorded her earlier conversation with Kristen, where Kristen had gleefully confessed to drugging Eric. Then maybe it wouldn't matter so much if Eric testified or not.

Enough with everybody abusing Nicole!!!! :angry: I want the real Daniel--the one who remembers why Nicole is his best friend--and I want Caroline to break ranks with the Bradys and realize that ERIC is responsible for choosing to harbor hatred in his heart for Nicole and that ERIC was the one chose to leave the priesthood. Nicole is not responsible for what other people do, think, or feel, period, and I don't think she needs to keep explaining what really happened. I think she should forget Eric and his crazy family.

I also think after she finished standing up to Caroline, she should have gone behind the bar and poured herself another martini. I so wanted to jump into the TV and inform some people that not everybody hates Nicole. And by the way, was that Brady's Pub that Kristen was confronting Theresa in at the end of the show? Because if it was, Caroline has some nerve treating Nicole the way she did, then allowing Kristen to come in there and abuse her granddaughter (even if it is Theresa lol)

If Theresa gets pregnant as a result of Brady pretending she was Kristen, I would love for her to be arrested for what she did to John and for Nicole to help Brady raise the baby.

The only thing good about this episode was the Theresa-Kristen cliffhanger. I liked the Sami and Nicole fight until Nicole apologized. I get that she is more classy than Sami but why does everyone have to bag on her but not Sami or any other Salem wrongdoer?

Otherwise...snoozefest.

That's the thing. Nicole IS more classy. Sami et al would never apologize to her. Ever. I also think if Nicole could ever have kids, she would never neglect them, no matter what she got mixed up in, and she feels keenly how unfair it is that Sami has all the kids and doesn't take care of them while she has two dead babies, but the reason she apologized is she would never, ever wish harm on those children and she wanted to make that clear.

Sometimes I think Nicole is too good for Salem. If only she realized how much she's worth...

Back