Days of Our Lives - Wed., Sept. 30, 2015

cryin, I agree with you. I firmly believe that Bo/Peter Reckell's exit in 2012 could have and should have been dealt with better. As for him choosing his "job" over his family. I don't think that the case at all. Victor clearly stated that Bo was trying to help Caroline/find a cure for her neurological condition. Here is a detailed recap:

http://soapcentral.com/days/recaps/2015/150921.php

I realize that this is a rewrite, but I think that this is a more understandable reason for Bo's absence. I also think that he was imprisoned, shortly after he left.

As for Lani, I'm intrigued especially considering she's from Miami. Wonder what she knows about Ben?

Last edited:
We still don't know the full story behind why Bo has been out of Salem for 3 years. I suspect searching for a cure is just a piece of it. And furthermore, if Kayla and Victor have been privy to what he was up to, then why wasn't Hope? There is more to it. Otherwise, Kayla would have told Steve the truth from the get go instead of allowing him to go off and search for Bo. She also played right along when Hope showed Steve Bo's letter and has been supportive of Hope all along. If he were simply searching for a cure, then Kayla would have come out and said that rather than seeing her best friend in pain.

And as an aside, I think everyone here who reads the daily recaps is aware of the storyline rewrite that Bo is supposedly searching for a cure.

As for Lani, I'm intrigued especially considering she's from Miami. Wonder what she knows about Ben?

Me, too. I also am speculating that Lani is Abe's daughter. :)

PS: Remember that beautiful, take-charge cop that was on a couple of years ago? I guessed at the time that she was destined for a relationship with Abe, but she disappeared suddenly.

Last edited by a moderator:
@tabby........does the recap/summary on this site differ from the one you mentioned? Just wondering.
And I do not care what Victor just said (which is rewrite, of course) because when Bo took Caroline to CA, he did bring her back, though we never saw him. And he did decide to go off and see the world or something, spending a lot of weeks with Shawn & Belle. We DID learn that Hope & Ciara flew to wherever it was for the Christmas holidays, and when she returned, she said Bo wanted to stay on there for a while.
So....he was not "searching for a cure" then.
Also, I do agree that if that was the case, why not tell Hope? She would have been supportive if that was the case. Now, maybe he is the one who found Dr. Salinas, we don't know, but Victor has been pouring money into this man's research for some time now.
Right now, I don't give a fig if Bo returns, even for 5 minutes. We did not need a month or more of torture scenes with him. That is not "returning to Salem" to me. And yes, Aiden has gotten the raw end of the deal there. In MY opinion.

Barb, the recap from that website is more detailed. if I can't understand what someone said (I'm completely DEAF in my right ear), I look it up on that website. Victor said that the main reason why Bo didn't say anything about cure is because he didn't want to give anyone false hope. Hopefully, we will learn more when Bo finally returns to Salem, and clears everything up. Personally, I think that Bo's going off to help Caroline and being captured in the process is a lot more plausible than him just taking off. We'll probably find out soon enough.

Like I've said in my earlier post, the previous headwriters should have done a much better job with Bo/Peter Reckell's exit in 2012. I'm just glad to see that the new writers are making an effort to repair the damage to Bo's character. As for Aiden, he could have been great with Jennifer.

Lani is going to need to grow on me some more. Not impressed so far.
Wonders never cease - we disagree on something...LOL. I am liking the character, and her nice, slow introduction.

The Monopoly scenes were fun. I liked the Rafe/Marlena scenes, too.

WOW Peggy McCay (Caroline) should get two Emmy® Awards next year. She's fantastic. Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) as well.

Back