Days of Our Lives - Wed., Sept. 7, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, September 7, 2016

A good show, but I got interrupted so much...Victor tells Maggie of Deimos offer to move back to the mansion...whole east wing to themselves. Maggie is hesitant. Deimos calls Vic, comes over, small talk with Maggie, asks if Vic can go to square with him to talk. They leave, & in the square, evidently Deimos tells Victor his news. They now talk about learning who Titus Drew sold to, it all fits, & "this person" is Tate's kidnapper. They should have guessed, both realize the idea was to have them point fingers at each other. They make plans to confront the person.

Sonny is with Gabi & Ari, catching up, Gabi upset with JJ as he has not been in touch with her since he went to Miami. Sonny makes excuses about JJ dealing with what happened to Abby, she knows that, but he still never called once. Sonny offers to babysit anytime.

JJ comes home, only Julie there to greet him, happy he is back, did not know he was coming. They chat a bit, he knows Gabi is mad at him, Julie says if Gabi doesn't realize he was working on helping his family, he should dump her. LOL.

Chad has asked Kate to come over, tells her about Lucas & Adrienne moving in to help with Thomas....she goes on about how good Lucas is with kids. He talks of promising Abby to do good by Thomas, so wants to rebuild the corporation, make it all legit. He talks of tons of different companies, some partially o.k., some o.k., some not, some not even registered, etc. He needs Kate's help in sorting it all out, putting it all in the legit column. In walks Laura, all gloom & doom. She makes disparaging remarks about Kate, how crooked she is, how she slept with her husband, plus probably every man in Salem, and even gives Chad a hard time about Abby being in Shady Hills, the wrong place for her. She tells Chad if he deals with Kate, he will turn into his father, Chad doubts that, but Laura is really on a roll. Chad leaves to get some air, the 2 women exchange a few more pointed barbs (Kate calling Laura crazy as a loon, adding the apple did not fall far from the tree.

Julie visits with Maggie, hears about Deimos's offer, gives advice. Maggie is hesitant, worried about being in close contact with Deimos, what if they fight. Julie remembers as a young girl, Uncle Mickey & Uncle Bill fighting all the time, her mom trying to play peacemaker, and just advises that this might make Deimos & Victor closer as brothers, that Maggie would be the glue that keeps them all together.

Chad runs into Sonny at the Club, they hug, and do some catching up. Chad talks of how he is trying to get used to being alone (you cannot help but see that Sonny has gone thru all this , so knows what he is talking about). Chad talks of reading about Sonny in Wall St. Journal, Sonny says he was small fish in big pond in Europe, but it is a lot better in corporate headquarters here. More chance for movin on up. Chad offers to have him come to DiMera Enterprises, Sonny said his uncle would have a stroke. No, he will stay where he is...Chad teases, does a pun about knowing that Sonny will never be "straight". They both laugh, sort of high 5 it. Sonny thinks they should just be friends, no business stuff.

Later, Chad is home, looking at a pic of Thomas, as he leaves a message for Kate, his offer was sincere.

JJ runs into Gabi, who is short with him, but he explains how he just could not face talking about it to anyone. He just has a hard time with death, his dad, Paige, now Abby. Even down in Miami he did all kinds of things, going on searches, checking tides, currents, etc. to avoid even thinking about it all. Gabi has to go pick up Ari after class, has to walk there, JJ asks if he can come along. Sure. They go hand in hand.

Later, JJ is home, Laura is leaving for the airport, glad to have seen JJ, left a note for his mom on the table. He gets a work call, she will wait for a cab in the hall. She calls her secretary, leaves a message to remind her to call Dr. Robinson at Shady Hills, she thinks Abby was still in charge of all her faculties when she disappeared, they cannot take her death at face value.

Kate sits in the square, Deimos comes up, she tells him to get lost, she is waiting for someone. Oh, look, that someone is here. Victor comes up, Kate tries to leave, doesn't want to play whatever game they have in mind. Nope, Vic stops her. Did you really think you could get away with it. Did you not think we would ever find out?

At the prison, seems Clyde managed to get himself assigned to Orpheus's cell, they are room mates now, can talk more about Salem. They both are filled with hate, seeking revenge. (creepy). Clyde says maybe they won't be stuck there forever, to keep his eyes open. Orpheus talks of meeting up with a few people, then slitting their throats. Clyde is of the same bent....says "no mercy". Orpheus says who knows...maybe it could happen. Clyde grins, now would that not be a kick in the head.

Last edited:
They now talk about learning who Titus Drew sold to, it all fits, & "this person" is Tate's kidnapper
This was so awkward. They repeated "this person" twice in order to avoid using a pronoun. In normal conversation, they would have said "he" or "she", but, of course, they didn't want to give us a clue about "this person's" identity. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the summary. This was a pretty good show, in continuity with yesterday's episode in terms of all of the interactions. I noticed SaraBeth started a thread about about Laura's attitude: all I'll say is I agree with what she wrote! Laura is insufferable, at least now, and I loved that Kate got the last word. While her return was nice for the sake of seeing a veteran character, comforting her daughter after Abigail's "death", and providing some mystery, her departure will be most welcomed by me.

Back to Kate, I like the idea of her working with/for Chad, but the thing about her kidnapping Tate is so silly and contrived. It just makes no sense, as she's never had that much animosity for Theresa (not like she did for Nicole or Sami), and never did for Brady either--not to mention, she's not involved with that whole group's storyline.

Julie was annoying too, but it was nice seeing her with Maggie, as well as seeing JJ back on-screen with Gabi (I'm sure Troy was overjoyed! LOL) and making up with Chad. Also, it's about time we got Sonny & Chad scenes! Love it! Almost as much as I like Victor and Deimos getting along (for now, at least; I hope it continues). And the storyline of the prisoners remains intriguing to me.

Was nice to hear mentions of people from the past: Peter Blake, as well as "Uncle Mickey", "Uncle Bill" and Julie referring to her own mother, Addie (not by name, though).

Today was the first time I really looked at Orpheus. Other than some gray in his hair, he looks exactly the same. Still a very handsome man.

I still can't believe it was Kate. Didn't see that coming.

While I can understand Gabi being upset with JJ, she really needs to understand he is going through a lot right now. I'm sure they'll work it out, but I think she needs to cut him a little slack. But Julie was a little harsh - if she doesn't understand, you should dump her. And then Julie all on the Deimos bandwagon. I do hope they redeem him. I like Vincent Irizarry (Deimos)

And this Clyde/Orpheus partnering does seem like it will be a good story. Hope so.

Today was the first time I really looked at Orpheus. Other than some gray in his hair, he looks exactly the same. Still a very handsome man.

I was thinking the same thing! I wasn't watching when he was on but I thought he's not a bad looking guy. He's not quite 63 so he was 34 when he was on before. Should be good story. Will give John and Marlena a story I assume.

Just a theory here, but I think Kate wanted all the blame on Victor & Deimos, but DID want Tate kept safe and returned unharmed. (she could still be ticked off at Theresa for buying her out of DJ Wear. ) Thus she would have gotten revenge on them, but the baby is back safely with the parents.

I honestly hope that if Kate does work with Chad at DiMeras.....(& Laura knew all about that past takeover by Kate) she doesn't betray him. Lucas is living there now with Adrienne, & he knows his mother only too well.

By the way, those who have it taped.......I could swear Chad said to Sonny that "your mom and dad are moving in to help with Thomas".....Could be wrong, did not have CC on at the time. It made me laugh at the time. But later he referred to Lucas, so.....not sure.

This was so awkward. They repeated "this person" twice in order to avoid using a pronoun. In normal conversation, they would have said "he" or "she", but, of course, they didn't want to give us a clue about "this person's" identity. :rolleyes:

Which is ridiculous since the official spoilers told us who the kidnapper was. I'm so annoyed, I've been avoiding the non-official spoilers because I wanted to get back some of the joy I used to get watching this show and having the reveals be really surprising, but the official ones are generally so bland that they are fine. Not this week, they decided to destroy their own reveal, idiots!

I also heard Chad say to Sonny "your mom and dad are moving to help with Thomas." I thought at first that he was just trying to yank Sonny's chain a little over the fact Lucas is about to be his stepdad. But since Sonny didn't react to it I'm wondering was a goof on the part of the writers. I did get a kick out of Chad attempting a high-five after making the crack about would Sonny know about "Straight." LOL

Milo/Orpheus and the Dixieland Dirtbag: Satan called and said "Hi" and he wanted to know if you guys would mind taking it down a couple of notches? It seems you're both creeping him out.

Gabi and JJ: I will say this was just out of left field and needed some context. Having said that I liked that neither one was really right or really wrong. Yeah JJ could have stayed in touch better but I understand why he felt it too hard to do so.

Some might say Gabi was being selfish but I'll meet with those people by the tetherball pole after school so we can "discuss" it. :)

I think what was going on with Gabi is that at heart she is still a very insecure girl and she has been in two relationships with people who had tendencies to close themselves off and shut her out.

With Will it was because he didn't understand his own feelings or sexuality at that time.

With Nick well I think one could write a 500 page dissertation about that young man's issues.

My point is that because of those experiences if Gabi senses JJ is shutting her out she is going to be sensitive or oversensitive as I think she was in this case to an extent. So I understand where she was coming from.

The important thing is is that they walked out of the park holding hands so once again the birds were signing and all was right with the world.

As far as Julie's comments about Gabi were concerned well I just see that as Julie being Julie. So it didn't annoy me as much as I thought it would and I have to admit she does have some justification for feeling the way she does because I'm just nice like that. :)

The only quibble I had with the Julie and JJ discussion is that Gabi attended the Bicentennial because she received an invitation from the Hortons. So apparently Julie didn't raise any objection when the guest list was put together. Julie and Gabi both sang in the chorus at the Christmas Tree ceremony and they were almost standing next to each other so apparently Julie didn't find her presence objectionable then either.

But now Julie is speaking out after Gabi has been out and about in Salem for a year? It just kind of makes it meaningless in my very humble opinion.

Last edited:
I also heard Chad say to Sonny "your mom and dad are moving to help with Thomas." I thought at first that he was just trying to yank Sonny's chain a little over the fact Lucas is about to be his stepdad. But since Sonny didn't react to it I'm wondering was a goof on the part of the writers.
Could have also been a blooper by the actor, and with the one-take rule, they just went with it. Like when Sami referred to Jennifer as "Cousin Jennifer" to Allie, instead of "Aunt Jennifer" (during Alice's funeral storyline).

I'll probably watch this one again.

As I said in yesterday's thread, I think Laura is 100% right for being upset with Kate and with the Dimeras. I realize Chad is trying to distance himself but again he is still attached to Stefano. Kate had an affair with Laura's husband that produced Lucas and not just a one night stand but an ongoing, long term affair. I love how Laura has kind of seamlessly meshed into the storyline however, I think she should have returned to Salem while Abby was in the hospital.

Love that we got a JJ and Laura scene. I think JJ and Gabi having a little minor angst was a good thing since we haven't seen them in so long.

I'm sorry Julie but Deimos and Victor Kiriakis are NO Mickey and Bill Horton. And I cannot believe she and Maggie were practically propping Victor and Deimos, especially Deimos. Nice to hear the Addie shout out too.

I hope Kate gets everything coming to her and then some. This probably means she won't but a girl can dream. I also think her being the kidnapper is a rewrite. Otherwise, we would have had some type of inkling sooner. I'm thinking it was originally Jeannie T setting everyone up.

Nice to see Sonny with Chad and Gabi and Ari.

Laura Horton brings new meaning to the words rude and tactless. She actually achieved the rare feat of making Kate look like the sane and sensible woman in the room. (And since she was so intent on dumping on Chad, why didn't she seek out and excoriate two of Jenny's other "fans," Jeannie T. and Anne Milbauer.) However, to give the devil her due, bringing Kate into DiMera Enterprises is like bringing the fox into the proverbial hen house. How can Chad achieve his goal of creating a world of trust, honesty, and goodness with poisoner/kidnapper Kate running the family company?

Wow, Laura was really grating on my nerves today! I expected the snide remarks to Kate as those are deserved and I understand her inherent distrust of Chad since he's a DiMera but she completely overstepped with Chad today. When she was railing on him about sending Abigail to Shady Brook I wanted him to tell her it was on the advice of her good buddy Dr. Evans. Maybe that would have shut her up a bit but she was very crass and cruel and I'm glad Kate called her out on that.

I loved the scenes with Chad and Sonny! It's about time these two friends talked. I laughed out loud when Chad made the joke about Sonny not knowing "straight". :rotfl:So, apparently Sonny must be working for Titan? I loved his comment about Uncle Vic having a stroke if he ever went to work for DiMera Enterprises. LOL. And yes, Chad said "your parents" when talking of Lucas and Adrienne moving in. I'm sure it was a flub by the actor but for all intents and purposes it was basically an accurate statement given their impending marriage.

I'm glad JJ and Gabi finally got some scenes. I understand Gabi being upset with JJ's actions and non-communication but I feel like she could have relented a bit. JJ apologized and explained himself yet she still said he wasn't off the hook for this. JJ has had to deal with a lot of death in a short period of time (cousin Will, girlfriend Paige, father figure Daniel, sister Abigail all within the course of a year; not to mention his father Jack a couple years earlier). Heck, throw in cousin Nick whom Gabi herself killed. Sheesh, give the guy a break!!!

I don't even think I can comment on Kate being the kidnapper. It is way too convoluted and makes zero sense and not for one second do I believe she will pay for her crime....on second thought, maybe it does make sense because if there was someone to pin it on who literally gets away with everything that would be Kate, so great choice, writers! :angry:

By the way, those who have it taped.......I could swear Chad said to Sonny that "your mom and dad are moving in to help with Thomas".....Could be wrong, did not have CC on at the time. It made me laugh at the time. But later he referred to Lucas, so.....not sure.
I heard him say mom and dad, too. Thought it odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Chad said mom and dad... that's ok he just lost his wife and when we talk about mom
we usually say dad.... besides dad rhymes with Chad :)

I was confused at first why Laura was at the mansion because she decided to say things about
Kate. She finally mentioned Abby was probably in the wrong hospital.. I'm sure that made
Chad feel good. It was interesting later that she wondered if Abby might be alive.

A lot of hate on the show... besides Laura saying things about Kate, Julie was
saying things about Gabi.. poor Troy :(

I guess we find out more tomorrow about Kate being involved with Tate's kidnapping.. I think a
rewrite too..

I enjoyed Chad and Sonny talk. Nice to see Ari.

Aw I appreciate the sentiment, Katmouse, but I'm okay. :)

I certainly didn't enjoy what Julie was saying about my Gabi but as I said in my original post that was Julie being Julie.

I can take her being anti-Gabi because she does have a right to feel that way. I just wish there was some indication that while she loves and misses Nick she can at least clearly see him for who he truly was. But I have a feeling if the opportunity arises we'll be treated to a tirade about how Nick and Will were family and yet they were at each other's throats all because of Gabi and will be all her fault and no blame will be placed at Nick's feet at all. And if that does indeed happen I cannot promise I will be gentle in my response. LOL

Sparkster, I get what you're saying about Gabi's remark about JJ not "being off the hook." But the way I read it she was a teasing a little wasn't really being serious because she did take his hand afterwards.

I realize that it might seem like I'm just trying to present Gabi in the best light possible even if it means performing miraculous feats of mental gymnastics to do so. All I can say to that is hey that's just the way I roll. LOL

Last edited:
adding the apple did not fall far from the tree
Even though I abhor Sami-style violence, I would have loved Laura to have slapped Kate over this. Furthermore, I would have loved Chad to have overheard this, and given up his rock-stupid idea of having Kate help him do anything.
Later, Chad is home, looking at a pic of Thomas, as he leaves a message for Kate, his offer was sincere.
Either he has become a complete idiot in the last week or he's setting Kate up big time. I'm not laying odds but I'm definitely hoping for one of these options to be the true one.
Clyde is of the same bent....says "no mercy".
OK you drug-dealing sleazoid, here's the list: Kate, Julie, and JJ, then Kate once more just to make sure it sticks. Then you. LOL

I had no idea JJ was gone. Meanwhile, what a fracas between JJ and Gabi. That had me on the edge of my seat for almost an entire act!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sonny is now a corporate goon? Please...can't he buy back Club TBD? Or better yet, start a new business? I did like the Chad/Sonny friendship though so let's keep that. But he needs to slap sense into his friend about the blue witch.
My point is that because of those experiences if Gabi senses JJ is shutting her out she is going to be sensitive or oversensitive as I think she was in this case to an extent. So I understand where she was coming from.
Well said. However, you just spent 3x as much time thinking about this as the writers did. :wink:
It just kind of makes it meaningless in my very humble opinion.
Yep, just like Sami had forgiven John and Marlena and Carrie and then a few weeks later was back to her old self. Writer change strikes again, LOL.
As I said in yesterday's thread, I think Laura is 100% right for being upset with Kate and with the Dimeras.
I'll help shield you from the tomatoes, I'm seriously angry that Laura left town while that babysnatching hooker will hog time on our screens for the next decade.
Maybe that would have shut her up a bit but she was very crass and cruel and I'm glad Kate called her out on that.
The writing was not subtle today. I agree, Laura was crass, but it was deserved. Chad bringing Kate on to DiMera in order to build up the Evil Corporation as a Beacon of Light for Thomas for Abby is one of the most harebrained things I've heard of, and Laura was right to question it. But she did get a bit mean with Chad. This would have played better if Chad had heard Kate's snide remarks about Abby's sanity.

I do still like that scenes are moving quickly. Instead of six scenes of Kate and Chad discussing the deal, we move characters around. Those episodes are nice.
I don't even think I can comment on Kate being the kidnapper.
The only thing I'll add to the already sharp commentary about this turn of the story is that for all her evil deeds, I don't think Kate would ever take a child from his/her mother after what Curtis did to her. Remember how she put herself between the DiMeras and Johnny/Sydney in order to protect arch enemy Sami's rights as a mother? This does not compute.

But if it gets her killed or tossed in prison, I'll accept it. :rotfl:

I realize that it might seem like I'm just trying to present Gabi in the best light possible even if it means performing miraculous feats of mental gymnastics to do so. All I can say to that is hey that's just the way I roll. LOL
I imagined today's scene playing out something like this:
JJ: You're mad at me?
Gabi: Yeah, you went on that secret ISA assignment and didn't tell me where you were.
JJ: It was for the Salem PD, not the ISA. You're thinking of my uncle Steve.
Gabi: Oh, sorry...well still, I didn't hear from you and I was worried.
JJ: I had to go deep undercover to figure out who's been smuggling prisoners into Salem Penitentiary.
Gabi: But you were gone for so long...I missed you. How can I trust you if you can't confide in me?
JJ: Gabi, I'm an officer of the law. I can't stop a mission to text you. I could blow my cover. My duty comes first. Can you accept that?
Gabi: No. I'm going to start dating Spencer Olson. He just got to town.
JJ: Wow, my "aunt" Julie will be so relieved!! And I won't have to deal with your sleazy brother anymore!!

I wonder what Chad will think when he finds out Kate kidnapped Tate. Oh wait, probably nobody will find out! Anyway, I don't understand why he is asking Kate to help him. Maybe she's familiar with all things Dimera, from being married to Stefano, and maybe she's competent to manage large companies, but who would ever trust her?

Back