Days of Our Lives - Wed. Sept. 9, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Some powerful scenes today, have a box of tissues handy. Replay of JJ finding Paige's body in the shower. He goes in, checks for pulse, takes the tie off, eventually putting his arm around her as he calls 911, his voice cracking as he says something about his girlfriend, send someone, gives address.When 2 cops arrive, guns drawn, burst in, they find JJ cradling Paige in his arms, very upset. One cop gets him out of there, the other checks vitals, JJ sits in Paige's bedroom, tears rolling down his cheeks.
At the cop shop, Roman comes in to see Rafe, have a talk about the case, his patience is wearing thin. Rafe mentions seeing Chad talking with Paige, it was intense, he may have been trying to intimidate her. Roman gets a call, another murder, both leave. At the dorm, Roman finds JJ, checks Paige's body, sits to talk with JJ. A cop starts to talk of JJ's rap sheet, Roman shuts him down, asks JJ if he knew of anyone who would want to hurt Paige, mentioning Kyle Southern. JJ says no, then is sent down to the station to make his statement. Rafe has arrived, also checks the body, asks for a blanket to cover her. Later, a cop who checked the crime scene for evidence has a flower, crushed, perhaps was on a shoe. Maybe Paige's, JJ's, the killer's, They will have foresnsics check it out, but Rafe has seen that flower before, lots of times, ...at the DiMera place.

Steve spots Aiden, calls him to finish their conversation, starts talking of Bo, and how Aiden swooped in to take advantage. Hope comes along, she & Steve really get into it. She appreciates that Steve wants to defend his friend, but Bo deserted her, left her & Ciara, just as Steve left Kayla & their son. She does not give a damn about the ISA , a mission, or whatever. Nothing is more important than family, and Bo left his, without a word. Steve tells her finally that she can do what she wants, but he is not giving up. He leaves, Hope apologizes to Aiden, who is only concerned that she is o.k.

There are various scenes of Bo in the corner of his cell, a guard comes in, asking why he just won't "tell them what they want to know".(I have to say, with his filthy appearance, bare feel, torn clothes, the makeup dept did really well in having him look the part). Bo is curled up in a corner, sobbing occasionally, or moaning. A guard comes in, Bo opens his mouth to receive the pill the guard brought. He opens wide to show he swallowed it. Guard leaves, closes the door, cell grows dim, Bo coughs up the pill, sticks it into a crevice in the wall.

Eve goes to see Theresa, just as Theresa spots Brady leaving, calls to him, is ignored. Eve talks of a drink, but Theresa doesn't drink in front of the baby. Theresa ahs, and coos over her beautiful baby, asking Eve if she wants to hold him. Nope, he looks so much like Paige did back then, and she misses Paige so much. Not to worry, replies Theresa, told my mom a thousand times I hated her, did not want to see her, and now, heck, I can be in the same room with her for ...heck, maybe 5 whole minutes without any bloodshed.

Some boring filler scenes of Ben & Abby in bed, then later having a meal in the square. Ben goes off to work, Abby gets up to leave, bumping into Theresa who drops some drawings, ordering Abby to leave them alone. But Abby sees them in Theresa's hands, admires them, Theresa is rude & insulting, only saying that Abby is partially responsible for Theresa's decision to change her career, (Tate is the other one).

Chad wakes up in his room, is on the floor, has blacked out again. He is perplexed, wonders what is happening to him. Later, in the square, he sees Brady, asks a few questions about blacking out, mentions he has been drinking too much. Brady suggests a meeting, has material he can give him to read. Chad says he doesn't have a problem, Brady talks of hiding his problem for a long time.

Roman leaves the crime scene to notify the next of kin, finds Eve at the hospital, and though he tries to get her to go with him somewhere private, she wants to know what it is right now. Eve completely breaks down, (Kassie dePaiva is marvelous here), Roman holds her, she sobs. Later she sits trying to figure who would do this to her beautiful daughter.

JJ has called Clyde to meet with him in the park, Clyde is not happy at all, but when JJ grabs his shirt, berating him for killing Paige, he did not have to do that, Clyde gets really nasty. We see a little red circle hitting JJ's face & neck, Clyde has his sniper watching JJ all the time, saying he sees JJ when he is sleeping, knows when he is awake. JJ is ranting that he never said a word to anyone, that Clyde did not have to kill Paige, but Clyde neither admits or denies, just warns him about crossing him.

Kayla has called Steve to her office, to talk of Joey. Steve says he talked to him earlier, but only grunts in return. She says she tried, got a few words. Steve knows Joey is mad at him for bringing him back to Salem, Kayla figures they have to change whatever they are doing. Steve doesn't know if that will work, she figures it means just her, as usual. He insists he wants to help his son, knows what it was like to drop out of school, be on the streets, and here he is. But he is here now for his family. She tells him there is no family, no you & me together, it is you, and then me, and then our son. She leaves on a call to the O.R.

Justin comes into Rafe's office, heard there was another murder, has Rafe talked to Chad. He just finished securing the crime scene. He is working on it all.

Aiden comes out of somewhere, drops some money, some goon picks it up, telling Aiden he is glad Aiden is paying part of his debt. He will be back for the rest of it.

Hope is home, sitting on the sofa, remembering writing the letter to Bo, saying she is through waiting around, but will always love him. Aiden arrives to see if she is o.k., she has him come in, thanks him for being so patient, and accept his proposal, claiming she is very very happy.

Eve is in the morgue to see her daughter, wants to be alone, the attendant leaves. She stands before the table, finally lifting the sheet covering Paige, and begins to sob. She is crying, is sorry, is so so sorry, she says it over and over. Later, eyes red, she has left, is passing Justin's office, where he just closed his briefcase. She looks at him, he stands up, she enters, crying on his shoulder.

In his cell, Bo is asleep, is dreaming of returning home, opening the door, calling Hope, hearing a scream, it is Hope, who is calling his name...he rushes into the room. Bo wakes up.

Chad is in his room, trying to remember what happened, pounding on his door. He opens it to find Rafe, holding the evidence bag with the little flower, asking..."Does this look familiar"?

Episode moved along nicely today. I'm glad Eve finding out about Paige wasn't a cliffhanger. Kassie DePaiva (Eve) gave a great performance. Ughhhhh, JJ for not telling anyone about Clyde.

Gosh, I literally just can't stand the character of Roman. He's so one dimensional. I really don't think he needs to keep reminding Rafe to follow the rules. Rafe is twice as accomplished as Roman and probably the only reason his daughter is alive. I wish he'd retire and go run the pub with Caroline. He might be a bit more tolerable.

Hmmm, so who has reason to drug Chad and then make sure a crime is committed during his blackouts??

I didn't think I'd care about Eve finding out about Paige's death, but wow, Kassie DePaiva (Eve) knocked it out of the park.
Did she ever. A few notable lines today included: 1) Jeannie T. asking Ms. Perfect is she had any "hidden talents," which as Chad or EJ (if he was still around) could tell us; and 2) Justin asking, "Call me crazy," which he is for automatically assuming that the hapless, hung-over Chad murdered Paige. Finally, it's high time for either Victor or Stefano to get civic-minded and rid their community of the creepy, perverted, homicidal Clyde. They shouldn't wait for the forces of official justice to act. Blowhard Justin is more interested in making headlines by convicting a DiMera than ridding Salem of its current drug plague.

Eve did bring tears to my eyes. Of course probably doesn't help that I also have a daughter named Paige. It was quite powerful. I for one am sad that Paige is gone. She and JJ just getting back. It's sad. I liked Paige. And please, please tell me JJ and Eve are not going to have grief sex. They wouldn't go there would they?

I am still not liking Aiden being a bad guy. And not liking how they are gonna make it that Bo has been held captive all this time, and Steve's right when Hope didn't really question it. Just not liking that. Would have rather had Bo come back after being gone of his own free will and have to fight for Hope who had already chosen Aiden.

Wonder when we will find who the serial killer is? Sure looks like Chad now so of course can't be him. It would seem Ben is the logical for framing Chad. Could be Stefano though. He's pretty *bleep*.

I haven't watched yet today, but the TV was on when hubby came home for lunch and I was busy in my office. He came in at one point and stood there..."Paige is dead!" He looked like he was on the verge of tears.

This from a man who almost never watches and spends a bit of time mocking the show when I do get to watch. High praise, I guess! I'll have to make time to have a look at it. Thanks for the summary, Poirot!

Probably February sweeps!!! Does JJ have physical proof that Clyde is the head honcho, or would it only be his say so? Surely, if he told the FBI they could get the goods on him.

I'm about to type something I never in a million years thought I would ever type in regard to this show: POOR EVE!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

She had me wiping at my eyes because, of the pollen in the air yeah that's it the pollen. JJ had me going as well. This was one emotional roller-coaster of an episode, this was a great one. Now before I chug down a brewski, eat some pork rinds and go out and toss the ol' pigskin around I thought would put my detective's hat on and say I really don't think Southern scumlord is the culprit here.

Now after yesterday's episode, I did entertain the thought that maybe He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named was behind Paige's murder and someone else may have killed Serena.That there would be two killers but now I'm changing my mind about for two reasons: the flower petal and Chad's blackout.

I've seen theorized here and other places that Chad is being drugged and that's a theory I subscribe to. I know we saw an empty whiskey bottle but that doesn't mean he drank from it and the flower petal just rings of set up,

Now I've said in the past to have it be Clyde (makes sign of the cross) would be too easy creatively speaking but today I'm approaching it from a character stand-point. If Chad is being drugged and set-up which I think is almost a sure bet its too elaborate for the sleazebag. I just don't think it would fit his temperament to pay to have someone keep constant tabs on Chad, know when to drug him., and mess with things like napkins, keys and flower petals.

This would be the work of someone playing the long game while the Dixie Dark Lord strikes me as much more of the-to quote Larry the Cable Guy-"Get 'er done!" type. I think he's smart enough to do it I just don't think he has the patience to carry out whatever is being done to Chad.

Anyway that's my .02 cents.

Last edited:
Looks like Salem U needs a new RA. The new RA isn't going to stay in the same dorm room Paige was murdered in, will she? That's kind of unsettling.

Thanks Poirot, I don't know how many of those "little grey cells" I actually have but I try to put them to good use whenever I can. LOL

Last edited:
I don't think the killer could be Ben. Wasn't he busy tracking Abigail? I'm leaning toward Aiden. I don't like the way he volunteered to be Chad's attorney. Plus, he was at the Dimera mansion earlier. He could have taken the flower to plant on the scene. He may have had a key to the gate. The question is how could he be drugging Chad?

I wonder if Clyde's man knows when JJ is bad and good too :)
I started singing the song when Clyde talked about sleeping and
being awake.

Is Chad being drugged? And Aiden is giving Hope a lot of flowers
and he was at the DiMera mansion. Might be a red herring.

We see Bo being drugged and he spits it out.

Brady talks to Chad about going to AA since he's having
black outs. Later, Brady is mad when Theresa gets a drink.

I laughed when Steve and Hope kept saying 'let it go'

KathyLu, I think of cereal killers for serial too.

The whole scene with Paige and JJ definitely got me all misty. She looked so young and innocent and JJ was so torn up. Another great performance by JJ.

I DO NOT appreciate Justin's loud mouth behavior. Why is the DA confronting and verbally attacking people in public, doesn't he have an office?

The loss of a child is indescribable, but I have to admit I had not one tear for Eve. If it were my loss, I don't think my first stop would be to Justin. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

I'm loving that Rafe is back but not liking how cocky he's written when face to face with Chad. Speaking of Chad, yet another black-out. I didn't see anyone around if someone is drugging him, unless the booze in his room has been tampered with. After he came to, he said to himself "what's happening to me, something isn't right?".

Ok buddy boy, GO GET A BLOOD TEST!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back