Days of Our Lives - Wed. Sept. 9, 2015

I could only watch bits and pieces of Eve finding out then seeing Paige. Lost my son 3 years ago, and as a bereaved parent who was given the news of her child's sudden and untimely passing let me say Kassie DePaiva (Eve) did an incredible job. The rest of the show was a blur for me. We (hubby and I) are still trying to recover, this episode brought a lot back for us. My heart broke a little for Eve, she seemed so all alone. and never ever did I think I would ever feel sorry for Eve.

Kassie DePaiva (Eve) was absolutely fantastic today!!! As self-absorbed and horrible Eve has been since her arrival back in Salem last year, I do think she loved Paige in her own way. She just let her own selfish desires and manipulations get in the way. I cannot begin to imagine the shock and anguish of learning your child was murdered and I thought the actress was incredible. If this leads to any sort of grief sex then I suppose Eve/Justin would be tolerable just so long as it's NOT Eve/JJ. I must say too that I'm glad we got to see this initial reaction from Eve without her knowing about JJ being the one to find Paige yet because I'm sure the blame game on JJ, Jennifer, and whoever else will be coming.

The whole flower thing is kind of ridiculous. When was the last time Chad was on DiMera property? Hasn't he been living at the Salem Inn since Serena was murdered? It's obvious someone is setting Chad up as the killer and I think he's being drugged too. I know the timing doesn't always add up but I was trying to remember, before Chad confronted Paige had he been drinking? Paige called JJ right after her confrontation with Chad and presumably JJ showed up at her dorm not too much later and found her dead. So, when did Chad have the time to get drunk, kill Paige, and black out? I don't get that.

I sort of like the story so far with Bo/Hope/Aiden but I still don't understand why they had to throw Aiden under the bus here. Why not keep him a good guy and have Hope figure out her feelings in the middle of the triangle?

The loss of a child is indescribable, but I have to admit I had not one tear for Eve. If it were my loss, I don't think my first stop would be to Justin.
It wasn't like she sought him out. She was leaving the morgue and passed by his open office door. He walked over to her to comfort her, as he knew Paige had been killed.

Look, if Clyde can have someone following JJ, ready to snipe him off at any time, he can set Chad up for murder. We already know he's a devious snake.

Well the thing about having someone following JJ waiting to take him out is quick and simple which is my point. For the sake of argument COULD he do it in terms of smarts and resources? I would agree the answer is yes he could.

But I'm looking at it from my read of my character is WOULD he do it? My answer is no because I just don't think this set-up fits into the way he operates. Again this is all just my personal opinion and conjecture.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I did not find Eve crying on Justin's shoulder odd. We were fortunate that we were immediately surrounded with friends and family, but there is profound shock and you just kind of wander. You cling to whatever shoulder is there. When you have just lost your child, you don't pick and choose where you go for comfort, there isn't thought.

The first night we finally got deposited in a hotel (my house was a crime scene) with food and someone was there at 6 am to sit with us. And that lady was a friend's sister we had never met. It didn't matter, just having someone there was what was important.

Now if Eve jumps in bed with Justin quickly, I will have issues with that. We literally could not dress ourselves those first few days and for months afterwards had great difficulty just doing the basics. Without getting personal, let me say that finding pleasure or joy in anything in the beginning felt like a betrayal of our grief. Just laughing felt like a betrayal, and other things much, much more so.

Parental grief changes who you are to the core. Yeah, I know it's a soap, but this whole grief sex thing was a bunch of crap when Sami and EJ did it and it would be in my eyes again with Eve and Justin. Especially for Eve, since sex with JJ is why Paige wasn't talking to her.

Last edited:
I am sorry but I do not feel sorry for Eve at all! She did all this to herself! Have never liked her character. She blames all her flaws on everyone else! Also can't stand that sister of hers! Maybe the killer will off both of them!

I don't have any personal experience (thank God) but Eve has always turned to sex when she's feeling emotionally fragile. So while I agree it's a stretch, it does fit with her character's previous actions.

Haven't seen today's episode because I can't find one online, will try again tonight our time. Yesterday's episode was up for me this morning so I'm assuming they are only going hard on them prior to the episodes repeating on Pop TV.

I'm confused. Wouldn't the morgue be at the hospital? And wouldn't Justin's office be at the police station, or somewhere, but not at the hospital. I assumed Eve was at the police station, as Roman had requested, and that was where she saw Justin.

The whole flower thing is kind of ridiculous. When was the last time Chad was on DiMera property? Hasn't he been living at the Salem Inn since Serena was murdered?
I had the same thought. Chad hasn't been there for a few days. Are we to believe that fresh-looking flower fragment has been clinging to his shoes all this time. And where were these flowers growing? If it's the garden, we haven't seen Chad there since his romp with Abigail. If it was indoors, Harold wouldn't dare let any stray flower petals hit Stefano's fine rugs or hardwood floors. As for Justin, he gets more ridiculous by the day. Doesn't this clown have an office? Why is he hanging around the police station badgering Rafe for more evidence to incriminate the hapless Chad? The hyper-ambitious blowhard should watch some old episodes of Law and Order. If he did, he'd see that D.A. McCoy (Sam Waterston) never barged into precinct houses to squawk at the members of the NYPD.

I was yelling at JJ for not attempting any resuscitation methods on Paige! And, when is he going to tip off Rafe about Clyde?

Steve "Fonzie" Johnson's heyday was a little before I started watching "Days," so I don't know much of his backstory. But after today's scene with Aiden/Hope, he is on my doo-doo list until further notice. I don't take kindly to bullies.

I'm confused. Wouldn't the morgue be at the hospital? And wouldn't Justin's office be at the police station, or somewhere, but not at the hospital. I assumed Eve was at the police station, as Roman had requested, and that was where she saw Justin.
Paige was dead at the scene, so she'd be taken directly to the Salem morgue, which is different from the Salem Hospital morgue (where dead patients are taken until they are picked up by the funeral home). Presumably, the Salem morgue, police station and DA's office are in the same building.

Who would want to set up Chad? Who has the need to do this and the capability? Is it part of the Kiriakis/DiMera feud? Maybe Victor thinks Stefano has Bo as a prisoner? He just wouldn't tell Steve this? But would Victor have these women killed to avenge Stefano? I doubt it is Clyde or Victor or even Ben. I think it is someone off-screen that may still be showing up. The part that gets me is how is Chad being drugged? Did someone at the hotel get a hold of that bottle & inject something into it?

I seem to remember when Theresa was grabbed in the park, she was injected with something that made her lose her memory of that, along with what happened to her, although she later had these vague, fuzzy flashbacks she was attributing to dreams.

Chad is finding himself in his room, not knowing how he even got there, so it makes one think that he is being knocked out in some manner and brought there, unless he stumbles there, or ........well, there is sodium pentothal. I have had that when seeing oral surgeon. One can cooperate with all the doctor tells or asks, but no memory of any of it later. Same thing when undergoing some hospital tests requiring swallowing on of those teeny, tiny cameras that take pics of your insides. LOL
So, Chad could be given that, injected, something....and not remember any of it. He could drink alcohol at the person's suggestion, go back to his room, etc.

I had a thought today. Do we know that it's the same killer for both murders? What if it's not a serial killer? What if the death of Serena was for one reason and then someone killed Paige the same way to make it look like it was the same person? I say that only because I can't for the life of me figure out what Serena and Paige have in common. And clearly Paige had something to tell JJ so it makes me think she was killed for a reason -- not just by some wackadoodle serial killer. Just a thought.

The necktie indicated its the same killer, but I don't think a copycat could be immediately ruled out.

Was today's scene with Brady and Chad the one Jen Lilley (Theresa) was talking about on Afterbuzz? I know she was saying Brady was in a scene with 'sneakers' but then Eric Marstoff (Brady) said it hadn't aired yet so she stopped talking.

edited to add characters' names - please remember not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Back