Days of Our Lives Wednesday Dec 17, 2014

S

Sparkster

Is there any kind board member available to write a summary for today's show? Both missharley and I are dealing with sick children and Poirot and Heather have other commitments. Even if I get to see the show I probably won't be able to pay very close attention and therefore won't be able to provide a very good summary. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

First half...
I missed the first segment, I assume it was mostly flashbacks from yesterday.

Melanie and Theresa are fighting, Brady broke it up. He and Theresa are yelling at each other, she's upset that he didn't stick up for her, says Melanie was throwing the pregnancy stuff in her face, she doesn't need that. Brady told her if she did not act the way she did, do the things she does, people wouldn't throw things in her face. Brady I guess got Melanie her job, now he is telling her that she has to keep it and in order to do that, she cannot be fighting with Theresa. He tells Melanie he won't say anything about what happened today, but one condition, and it's about Theresa.

At the club, Adrienne has told Lucas that Will and Ari are back, Lucas didn't know. Sonny says Will has been super busy, hasn't seen much of him since he's been back. Adrienne says she's finally talked to Justin, that if Sonny needs anything they can and will write him a check. Asks if he's told Will, Sonny hasn't had a chance yet.

In Paul's room, Will has arrived. Paul is getting dressed, Will offers to come back, Paul says no. He requested Will write this article, he's a big fan. Lots of flattery going on here. Seems Paul knows what he is doing. Talking about deals with editor, confidentiality. Paul is acting a bit confused, only made a deal with editor last night, though Will would do more research. Will has no interest in other writers' opinion, wants to make his own. They're both Giants fans, Paul because of his grandpa, they're having a good time it seems. Now Will is asking questions, looks very serious. Phone rings, Paul's agent, Will exits.. and in the hallway, puts his wedding ring back on. Calls Sonny, asks if he's at the club, he'll meet him. Sonny tells him to stay, he'll be right there, says goodbye to Adrienne and confused Lucas, who looks to Adrienne for answers.

Sonny and Lucas are talking, glad Will is back but know he's busy. Talk about him working for Sonix. Draft for movie fell through, who knows how long he and Ari would have been gone if it hadn't?

Eric is talking to Serena (is that her name?) about Nicole. She is kind of badmouthing, Eric says no real difference between the situations except Serena gave him up willingly. She wants to know how this conversation came to be about them and what does Nicole have to do with them. She mentions Eric wanting to be a priest, dealing with his feelings for Nicole first. Eric says you can't be a priest when you hate, and he is hateful. He can't love and trust anymore, isn't fair to her, he won't hurt her again.

Nicole is slightly snarky with Marlena, talking about Eric. Marlena has invited her out to try and help her, she says.

And the page ate the second half... Here's what I remember...

Lucas gets a text from Sami, all caps, telling him NOT to tell Sonny that Will got fired. Too late. Sonny is already confronting Will about it, Will explains he was going to tell Sonny, but he had been strung along because of who his mom was, he was just hurt. Now Sonny is asking Will if he really wanted to come back, since those three calls all he talked about was how amazing it was and how busy he was. Will says he only could have stayed if Sonny would move, they argue a little about Sonny's career and how he can't/won't leave.

Brady warns Melanie about Theresa, also admits he doesn't think she was lying about being pregnant. Thinks at least, she thought she was. Melanie goes off about Theresa a bit, Brady sort of defends her a little.

Theresa whines to Anne, after being a little mad at her. Nobody ever sides with her, blah blah. Anne gives her a pep talk.

Marlena tells Nicole she needs to stop obsessing over Eric. Nicole had only asked Serena's name, says that isn't obsessing. Tells Marlena she won't mention Eric to her again. Marlena leaves. Nicole mutters something about knowing how to find out... Next we see her in the hospital, running into Serena.

I for one am upset with the writers. Trying to put all the blame on Will. Sure he did not immediately tell Sonny he was fired, but who is to really say he was not truly missing his husband. Now they are trying to turn Sonny into a saint. If Sonny really did not want Will to go to LA then he should have told him before he left. Sonny should be happy Will and Arianna have come home. Now the writers seem to make it appear Paul is interested in Will. Why have they begun to destroy one of their golden couples. It also appears the only ones having sex on the show are anyone who is not married. I am stilling rooting for Will and Sonny.

As a pastor once said, marriage is not a 50/50 proposition, but rather 100 from both sides.

A few words to Salemites about today's events.
Jeannie T.: The war is over and you've lost. Have Anne write you a good letter of recommendation and get a job at St. Mary's or St. Francis or whatever Salem's "real" hospital is calling itself these days. Sure, you might have to actually do some work there, but it would be worth it not to have to see Nurse Betty Boop, Prissy Jenny, Dr. McScruffy, Brady, and the army of Daniel worshipers who regularly troop through the place.

Paul: When grandfather taught you how to throw a curveball, he should have also stressed the need for common sense. Why do you want to be featured in a rag like Sonix? With a 1.42 E.R.A., you should already have been on the cover of Sports Illustrated, and written about by many other publications?? Isn't that enough? By the time pseudo-journalist Will and his sleazy bosses get through with you, you'll be the laughingstock of the Major Leagues.

Marlena: Get off Nicole's case. Just because she asked who the name of the woman in the spotted dress talking to your dull son doesn't mean that she's foolish enough to want a renewed relationship with the sanctimonious sourpuss. Instead of lecturing Nicole, go talk to your spoiled brat of a grandson who is looking more and more like his mother's son every day.

but it would be worth it not to have to see Nurse Betty Boop,
th

Sparks, thanks. She took a nap amazingly right at one. I had to wake her up to get to the doctor, who prescribed her nausea meds and said it's a stomach bug. Schools are closing here and there across the state due to illness, I know you're not all that far from me so I'm sure it's no better up there :(

I hadn't watched in quite awhile (a couple of weeks) before today and actually paid attention. Everyone working at the hospital is ridiculous; not only Melanie but this lady who's after Eric? I don't think I like her. I hate what they're doing to Will/Sonny. I think Will is suspicious, I think he's hiding his ring to see what he can get out of Paul regarding his history with Sonny or why he's sticking around Salem.

I have a silly old person question, but today when Will showed up at the door and Paul answered half dressed, which appears to be the ONLY way to answer your door if someone bothers to knock on it, most folks just walk on in. But anyway, Paul looked so "wet" from his shower. How do you "dry" off your bottom half enough to get your socks/shoes/pants on and leave yourself wet from the waist up so you can "sparkle" in the lights when the pre-schooler arrives with his grownup looking briefcase and cute little vest?????

I really have to wonder about these writers, I guess they all live in a tiny dorm room where this sort of thing is normal.

Oh, my goodness, thank you. I did not see the show at all, will try to find a you tube clip, IF I can find the time to watch. I do appreciate the efforts, especially with ill children. And the "bug" seems to be all over, including here in Wisconsin as well.
Just a note, but Yesterday, Will took off his ring, put it in his pocket. And he did so, because his publisher asked him what he was going to say if this guy he was interviewing asked him about his spouse. Will said he'd be honest, but evidently, thought it easier if he wasn't wearing it. He was sworn to secrecy over and over and over, and had to promise to tell no one, including his husband. So he evidently figured he would not give P;aul any reason to worry about him telling anyone.

Just finally watched the show.

I feel like we have 2 very parallel storylines going on right now with Serena and Paul. Make that 3 if it turns out that Aiden's wife is not really dead. Though I still think Bree is also his ex.

I just posted this in the other thread but I think Serena is manipulating Eric. She knows exactly what she is doing. I was glad to see how self aware Eric is of his issues. I just wish he'd get therapy and a diagnosis instead of going from one woman to another. Serena is only going to make things worse for him not better.

Similarly, it appears that Paul is also aware of what he is doing. He seems to know who Will is. And while he didn't admit that he knows Will is married to Sonny, I think he knows. I think Paul is manipulating the situation to get to Sonny.

Jeannie Theresa: Please cut your losses and get a job at the Brady Pub. I agree with Dr. Baker fan there are way too many characters working at the hospital or wandering around the hospital for no reason.

Marlena was beyond ridiculous today. I almost fast forwarded. She meddles more in Nicole's life than she ever did in Belle, Brady and Sami's lives combined. Who writes for her? Just awful.

The Will/Sonny and Adrienne/Lucas thing is so contrived it's not even funny. And since when is Lucas scared of Sami? And why does he refer to her as "Will's mother"? She is not a stranger to Adrienne or Sonny. Just really lazy writing.

Melanie and Brady were just a rehash of yesterday. Let's move along please.

So, it's official : I don't like Melanie any more than I did when she first came on. I'm sorry, really, I tried. I even said, a couple of days ago, that I could accept a possible pairing with Brady IF she grew up. But alas, that does not seem to be happening. She acts like a baby. A nurse ? No way ! Her attitude is not endearing, it's not cute, it's just plain annoying. Really, all I see now when I see Melanie, is a big baby. All that's missing is a bib, a pacifier and a diaper ! And the way she keeps shooting her mouth off, and then acting all... perky, with the big smile, the batting of the eyelashes. Ugh ! Enough !

Not saying that I was on Theresa's side during her and baby Melanie's altercation, mind you. I have no sympathy for her either. When Anne reminded her of hitting John, putting him in a coma and making Brady believe he did it, and she said "How long are we going to be on that ?", I was like : :eek: To this day, I don't understand why she's not behind bars.

Marlena : Oh, I don't hate her, never have. I usually like her. But I hate how she treats Nicole. If she truly wanted to help Nicole, she should start by knocking some sense into her sourpuss son. Because doom and gloom Eric was back today, with a vengeance. And Serena was there, to encourage him, putting Kristen and Nicole on the same level, while she does not know the whole story. Cause I'm sure Eric didn't tell good old Serena that he strung Nicole along, going so far as to tell her that it didn't matter if evidence showed up, he chose her anyway. Nope, I bet Saint Eric conveniently left out that part (again, I do not approve of Nicole's actions when it comes to shredding the papers but she should not be the only one to get blamed for everything). And I also bet that Eric did not share with Serena that he had actually accused Nicole of raping him. And Nicole, contrary to him, was able to forgive him. :beat:Anyway, I'm not looking forward to Serena and Nicole tomorrow. Unless Nicole holds her own and tells both Serena and Eric to go suck on lemons and to leave her alone !

Will, Sonny : I have no idea what happened there. To think they were my favorite couple. Now Will is an idiot, truly his mother's son, as he's always thinking about himself. And Sonny, who used to be so loyal and understanding, a great guy, with a great business, has been turned into an idiot who can't read a contract before signing it, on the verge of losing everything, and who is now thinking about another man. Add Paul to the mix, and with the flirting he did with Will, and considering that Will took off his wedding ring, that could become a very, very sick scenario.

But I am thankful we still have a break from Paige, JJ, Eve, and Jennifer. Now if we could get a break from baby Melanie, that would be nice too.

I actually thought Eric was written pretty well today. He admitted that he has a problem because he is full of anger and can't forgive Nicole when he knows he should. And he said he can't be a priest because he can't forgive. I took it as a cry for help however, what he needs to do is get therapy and figure out why he has these issues. Not hang around with a woman like Serena who appears to be manipulating him already.

True. Eric did admit he had problems. I just wish he had these feelings regarding Kristen, who actually raped him !!!!! I can't buy this crap about him hating Nicole so much, while being able to forgive Kristen (which, if I remember correctly, he did :sick: ) . Plus, if he's to be mad at himself, he should be mad at the fact that he did toy with Nicole's feelings, more than once. But right now, he admits he's got problems, but he's got them because of Nicole. He won't own up to anything he has done wrong. And I can't accept that.

@TheWriter You read my mind about Nicole. I hated how its being set up as Serena let Eric go and Nicole tried to stop him from choosing the church. No no no!!! That's NOT what happened. If Eric had said to Nicole the day she found the papers that he told the church he wouldn't quit and they'd have to fire him, I think she would have given him the papers and had a good cry with Daniel when he returned. But no, Eric told her he didn't care about any evidence ever showing up and then Nicole freaked out and did something wrong and stupid that 99% of Salem needs to keep reminding her of every 2 seconds.

If Marlena wanted to help Nicole, not only could she have started by encouraging Father Sourpuss to see one of her colleagues, but back when the shredding happened she could have shown some empathy for Nicole instead of being smug about how she was right that Nicole wasn't good enough for her son.

I'm dreading the evolution of this Serena story because the writing is already on the wall as far as I'm concerned: we're in for another round of everyone blame Nicole while assuming someone else can do no wrong.

I don't think he blamed his problems on Nicole at all. So, we will have to disagree on that. He recognizes that he needs to forgive Nicole but he just can't bring himself to do it because of all his anger. I do agree that he should not forgive Kristen if he can't forgive Nicole. This is why I'd like to see him in therapy and really get to the root of his issues. It could be a really good storyline if they wrote it correctly and could help redeem the character as well.

Back