Days of Our Lives--Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
Replay of yesterday's closing scenes with Paige walking in on her mother. At the Horton House, JJ, Abby, and Jennifer chit-chat about the party for Paige, everyone knows when to arrive. JJ remembers blackmailing Eve earlier. Jennifer thinks Eve will behave, but JJ doesn't think she will show up.

Back at the apartment, Eve is nervous, surprised that Paige is here. Her daughter tells her she's been here all along. Eve is nervous. Paige apparently brought things back from the dorm to her room and fell asleep, tired for finals. They chit-chat about her room, Paige has to go meet JJ for lunch, asks if anyone was there. Eve denies it, but Paige says she heard voices...including Eve's. Eve tells Paige she probably was sleeping, but Paige says voices woke her up, a man's voice. Eve lies that it was the news, but Paige knows it was the person. Eve says there was a delivery guy sent to the wrong address, but Paige knows it certainly wasn't a random delivery guy. She says the voice was familiar. Paige knows it was JJ. Eve stammers, but Paige knows better, knows it was JJ and that he was fighting with her, asks about what.

Paige talks about how she heard them argue about Cole, she confronted him earlier, is done with lies. The convo shifts to Cole...Paige spots Eve's gift to her, Eve brings it over, wants Paige to open it, but Paige thinks Eve has done more than enough. Eve tells her that Paige deserves everything . Paige hugs/grabs Eve and says she knows Eve had sex with JJ. Paige is crying, doesn't know why she is surprised. Eve denies it, claims it was a dream, but Paige tells her to shut up, not to touch her. Eve is trying to explain. She says that yes, JJ was there, but they fought, but she continues to deny that they made love, saying it was a nightmare. Paige says it IS a nightmare, Eve reminds Paige she is her mom and never would do something like that.

Paige asks if Eve ever loved her, Eve says yes, and Paige tells her to then stop lying. Paige says this is her last chance. Eve says she loves Paige with all her heart, tearing up, and finally admits that she slept with JJ. Paige cries, it all makes sense now. Eve says it was horrible, but Paige knows he kept coming back, arguing and yelling (fantastic acting here!). Both women are crying. Paige calls her mom a "vile, disgusting *bleep*". Eve tries saying it was a mistake, but Paige tells her mom that she kept doing it with JJ. Paige is finished making excuses for her mom, won't take her side anymore in regards to all the men Eve was with, they keep arguing, Paige really lays into her, saying JJ was her first love, why couldn't Eve leave them alone? Eve destroyed them, and her. She slaps Eve. Eve apologizes, Paige doesn't care, says there is only one thing she needs to hear.

She asks how Eve could do that to her--Eve doesn't know. Paige says that sounds just like her, but she doesn't care, Eve is no longer her mother. Paige leaves and Eve just stays in the apartment, crying. She closes the door and hugs Paige's gift to her chest. Eve sits down on the sofa, reads the card she wrote for Paige, looks at a picture of her when she was younger, holding a baby Paige, and sobs.

Lucas is making the bed, flashes back to making love to Adrienne. He texts her (can't make out what the message says). She reads it at the K-manse, but then overhears Justin talking on the phone, walks in on him. He ends the call, thought she was gone, but her appointment cancelled. She asks how Elsa is. They start to argue a bit, Justin thinking she wanted nothing to do with him, attacks her for her affair with Lucas, talk of Elsa. Adrienne tells her that she's not seen or talked to Lucas since she fought with Justin, and is here. Where is he? Why is he here, if he doesn't want her?

They talk of supporting Sonny, Adrienne calls him a hypocrite. Justin reminds her that she cheated too, but she says she was alone for months dealing with his lies over the phone, believing them at first (really good scenes, tears in their eyes, nice acting). Adrienne is done feeling guilty, despite Justin's attempts to guilt her over Lucas. She thinks he isn't here for her or their marriage, both of them hate this, are almost crying. She leaves.

Lucas is on the phone talking about how top retailers dropped MadWorld, can't wait to see how his mom feels about that, Adrienne knocks on his door and he opens it. He hangs up, Adrienne kisses him, she missed him, they're making out. Later in the afterglow, they're flirting, talking about his business, but nothing compares to being with her. Lucas asks, now that she's here, what does this mean? She doesn't know what it is, likes it, asks Lucas if he wants it to be a secret, but he reminds her that he has nothing to lose by going public with it. She asks how people will take it, he doesn't know, more flirting, kissing, he doesn't care what everyone will think. They start going for round 2. Justin is in the Square on the phone, says he is coming back to Dubai on the first flight he can get.

In Daniel's apartment building, Xander asks if Nicole is really glad to see him. He's about to ask what she's doing there. Xander thought Nicole was done with Daniel, she is, but he asks why she is there. He is suspicious, she is stumbling for words, Xander is confused. She explains that she's moving some last minute things out of Daniel's apartment, Xander was there to meet with Daniel. He thinks they should open up as a couple instead of being discreet, and start with Daniel. They hear the elevator. But it's just Lou, who is gonna put up a smoke detector while she's in Daniel's apartment, but Nicole says she must go to work now.

Xander thinks she doesn't want to stay and face the music with Daniel; Nicole says her life is nobody's business but her own. She wants to forget this whole thing and leaves. Daniel arrives, Lou tells him that Nicole was there to pick up something but had to leave in a hurry. Xander arrives at Nicole's office, she doesn't have time for his suspicions, he apologizes for being a jerk to her. He thought she wanted Daniel back. Nicole can't speak for Daniel, but she's done with him.

They chit-chat about everything with Daniel, she wants to look forward, Xander wants to move that way together. He asks her to dinner tonight. More flirting, and he leaves. After he is outside the door, he gets a serious look on his face. Nicole is talking to herself, has to get the goods on Xander tonight, then sees a voicemail from Daniel. She decides to tell Daniel because she doesn't wanna lose him. She imagines a scenario of her telling him, he kisses her, it doesn't matter. Nicole decides to finish up here and go see him; Daniel's at the party anyways. Nicole decides to blow off the Xander dinner.

In the clearing outside the Square, Xander makes a phone call, needs to see someone, but can't wait. Xander tells a female flunky that Nicole is lying to him; he gives the woman a picture, telling her to call him if she goes near Daniel. He warns that if she must disappear without a trace, so be it.

At the hospital, Kayla wants to give Daniel a ride to the party, but he left her gift at his apartment, so he'll go himself. Back at the Horton House, Maggie is there now as JJ says he thinks Eve had something else to do. He has some news, but Maggie and Abby go to fix the cake. Jennifer realizes JJ got a new phone, holding the pamphlet, asking about if this has to do with Eve not coming to the party, JJ explains she isn't a problem anymore.

JJ then tells Abigail that he plans on moving to CA with Paige, wants to leave ASAP. JJ says he owes Abby for supporting him, but she reminds him he has supported her too. They hug, then Rory and Daphne arrive (they insist they didn't come together). JJ is telling everyone about the apartment he and Paige are planning to buy. The doorbell rings, and Kayla arrives with her gift, meets Daphne. Rory pulls JJ aside, asking if he neutralized the other woman, and JJ says it is taken care of.

Daniel arrives at the home, JJ is talking to Kayla about overcoming everything, Kayla helping Paige, etc. He goes to meet with Daniel, has to talk to him. JJ tells Daniel he made it right, won't hurt Paige, but Daniel says that it will torture JJ overtime, and that he should come clean to Paige. JJ refuses to listen, knows confessing the truth will hurt her and destroy their relationship. He and Paige love each other, that's all that matters. Everyone is talking about the happy couple, JJ wants Paige to always remember this day. Paige arrives, knocking on the door, everyone surprises her.

I loved the photo, it was a lovely touch. Young Kassie DePaiva (Eve) with her own baby?

I FF'd all of Nicole/Xander too, boring. The rest was great though. Look, Paige can emote! I was pleasantly surprised.

wrote out name. initials not used here....many do not know who is meant....Poirot

I thought today was great with Paige and Eve. I loved how Paige gave her mom every opportunity to come clean. "Who was here?" "I heard a man's voice" and Eve just kept digging a deeper hole. I am surprised that Eve did not text JJ and give him a heads up, for Paige's sake. Tomorrow should be good. And ya know I really can't remember but Paige and JJ were on the outs when he slept with Eve right? Gonna steal a line from Ross in Friends and use the " We were on break!" line. I mean not that that makes it ok. It was her mother so that is very icky and very wrong. Guess I hope Paige and JJ work through this. After she lets him have it of course!

Still not liking Lucas and Adrienne. I do not like how they want to go public when she is still married! I still don't think Justin is having an affair. I know it seems like it but I still don't think so.

And Nicole. Please end it already but let her be the good person. Do not blame her for everything this time!

Interesting how long it took Paige to tell Eve she heard the whole
conversation with JJ. I'm surprised Paige didn't start off yelling and
screaming at Eve like most people do in Salem. She started off slow
than boiled over. Will she do that at the surprise party too?

Nice to see Kayla today.

Did Justin talk to Elsa or someone else?

I'm still not happy with Lucas and Adrienne.

Was Xander talking to Navidad or someone else? It sort of looked
like her. Or maybe Xander prefers women who look like that. Maybe
they will say her name tomorrow.

Thanks for the summary, DaysD

And it's still Paige's mother, regardless of whether they were together or not. Ick!

Great scenes with Paige and Eve but I thought it maybe went on 1 or 2 scenes too long. I was hoping the cliffhanger would be her confronting JJ. And I tuned out everything at the Horton house as well as at McScruffy's apartment.

Justin is still wearing his wedding ring. Nice to see him in jeans too.

I like the business talk from Lucas but would prefer that we actually saw him in an office without blue walls.

What an odd group of characters at Paige's birthday party. Does she only have 2 friends her own age?

Shall we take a poll now or later on whether Paige or Eve end up pregnant first?

Back