Days preview 8-5-16

Boy I wish I had come here first, I went to another site and they are the biggest bunch of negative nancies I've ever seen. They almost killed my buzz!! LOL

Now admittedly the first half was pretty much the same old same old and I wasn't too excited. But it looks like the hunt for Tate will be ending soon after the show comes back and Victor actually getting arrested was a shocking twist in my opinion.

I can't say I'm thrilled with the prospect of the Portland Pinhead blackmailing Hope which looks like it's going to happen. The fallout from Abigail's "death" looks to be as predictable as clockwork though I'm sure we'll get some great performances especially from Billy Flynn (Chad). But otherwise not too much new there.

The Chloe/Deimos/Nicole/Philip stuff I'm going to say thanks but no thanks.

I was also disappointed by what we didn't see cough Gabi and JJ cough but then again it was just a ninety second preview.

As to the last half can I just say OMG!

I've seen the name Orpheus referenced before and I know he kidnapped Marlena but other then that I have no idea what his deal was. I'm assuming it was not a racket that sold counterfeit Girl Scout cookies.

But I am definitely thrilled to see Xander again I absolutely despised how that built him up to be a potential baddie that could go the distance and had him go out with not even a whimper. Hopefully they'll do him justice this time.

And of course we have the Dixieland Dirtbag although I wasn't sorry to see him go I also found his exit to be frustratingly unsatisfying. I also remember that he wasn't all that upset with the break-up with Kate at the time. But then being "okay" with a woman being the one to end a relationship didn't really seem to be his character either.

I just have would thought since J.J. was the one who got him arrested that's who he would go after. But I'm sure he has a hit list and we don't know the context in which the confrontation with Kate occurs since it is after all just a ninety second preview.

My point is I really liked this preview over all. It's clearly not all going to be sunshine and lollypops but overall it looks like there is some good stuff ahead. I'm genuinely excited. :)

Last edited:
I am extremely excited after watching preview. Could be EXCELLENT storylines. Now if they'll just decide to keep Belle & Shawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing most of these scenes will happen before the end of September.

Now Orpheus was before my time as well but I'm already intrigued. I'll have to visit Jason47's site and read up on the history a bit. What annoys me of course is that Belle and Shawn were nowhere to be seen in that final scene. I'm pretty sure the wedding was filmed after they "left" but still they should have been there somehow.

I'm glad Xander is back and going after Jeannie T. She should be his top target. Clyde holding a gun on Kate makes no sense though. Why not JJ?

Also, why does Maggie's hospital room have more characters in it than the wedding and what looks to be Abby's memorial? I'm not impressed. And I still want Jack to be alive.

I'm glad the Hope cover-up is coming to light finally. I'm guessing Aiden will blackmail her somehow? Maybe into staying married to him?

Nice to see the Kayla hematoma stuff coming to light as well. Dena Higley typically doesn't write for Steve and Kayla so glad to see them included. Maybe Stephanie will come back too.

Nicole/Deimos/Chloe/Philip: No thanks

Hello Eve!

Orpheus I looked up a few episodes on him at youtube definitely is an interesting character. Could be good to watch those episodes of him during the 2 week break from Days. I could be on board for him to be on contract as a new villain as Deimos may go soft with being with Nicole and Chloe's pregnancy.

So looks like Chad and Jennifer will both being going off the wagon now that Abby is officially presumed dead. I saw a big whiskey bottle next to Jennifer's bed so looks like she does relapse. I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas ends up being taken by the state if both Chad and Jennifer seem unfit.

I really hope that Aiden doesn't blackmail Hope into marriage like Stefano did with Kate. I think that's too easy he is definitely going to want something from Hope I feel.

I'm disappointed that Victor was the kidnapper all along though there seems to be more of the story we don't know about.

The prison break storyline seems to be something very exciting I feel. I still wonder if Clyde has something to do with Abigail's disappearance later on in the fall. Clyde going after Kate makes no sense he didn't care about her breaking it off unless he's one of those "If I can't have you no one will" kind of guys. Which could make sense as Clyde was abusive to his wife Ben's mother.

I somehow think Brady will end up dumping Theresa when the truth comes out about her falsely accusing Xander of rape. Brady always acts like the victim.

I agree that it really doesn't make sense for Cly-Ha I mean the heinous Hillbilly to go after Kate. *I bet you thought I was actually going to type HIS name didn't you? Never gonna happen folks*. So I wonder if she stumbles upon him but she does say "Get out." We'll have to see.

As I said twice in my previous post that this was only ninety seconds and there is only so much they show in that amount of time. But still I can't help but be a little concerned we're only going to get the same characters who've been front-burner pretty much the whole year so far continue to dominate the way they have. I'm really hoping for something new.

I remember Orpheus getting Marlena on a plane and it blowing up. Ahhh.

Wonder if this is the first week after Olympics, or several weeks???

My guess is...Victor is really not guilty..

it looked to me like there was a cop behind John when Brady announced they were coming to arrest Victor

Theresa & Brady would not be getting married until Tate would be found,.........so am thinking that wedding will be a few weeks later perhaps. ..And what is a Salem wedding without mayhem. (Brady's last one had an explosion in the tunnels that had several Salemites injured, and the bride dead)

Wonder what Clyde wants with Kate.....after all, his son murdered her grandson. I can't recall that she stole anything from him, or helped in his arrest. After all, wasn't extradited to FL on a warrant there??

Clyde is quite the male chauvinist and there is his track record with Jordan raping her in retaliation for her mother's death. I wonder if Clyde tries to force himself on Kate. I absolutely hope not or she is rescued in time. Speculation of course. Who knows at this point!

Back