Days preview 8-5-16

LOL, BBJB has got the picture all right. From what I understand (and I have not read anything except a few quotes) Corday claims the show got dark, gloomy, and he hated what he was seeing, but he has to watch every day. (o.k. folks, time for you all to stop, and laugh for a few minutes, lol)

And so he knew a change had to come, yes, there will be a return to romance, etc. etc. Same thing he has said before, probably will say again.

Want to laugh some more dept. He said to start watching in September, and see if by December you have changed your mind about the show (directed at those who have indicated they no longer watch or don't want to, I guess). And then he said that by the time he will be getting his star on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood, he figures Days will be back up there and renewed for another couple years.

The mag is not out where I live, or I would elaborate more. But there are really no spoilers in his interview, so no idea why the mag chose to have pictures of certain Days actors on that cover. I don't think he mentions any actor or character at all.

My question is.....and I sure hope there is some "splainin'". Clyde was in prison in Florida, last we heard and saw. Xander was in prison in Salem's state. Which is definitely NOT Florida. And Orpheus, who was dead.......well, if he survived, then what did he do to get him into prison, and why has there been no notification to the Salem PD (oh, wait, Salem PD...I get it. They were notified, no one has read it yet, in all these years...yep!)So how did they all end up in same prison.

Perhaps, there's some kind of Internet board that allows former Salem criminals to communicate and coordinate.

Post by Clyde: I hate Salem people, It's all their fault that my boy went crazy and landed in jail. And I really hate that Kate Roberts Brady. Imagine spurning me, me! Now she'll pay.. Anyway, I'm breaking out soon. If you care to join me for a revenge-filled Salem visit, let me know, After my jailbreak, I'll come to your prison and break you out too.

Reply from Xander: I am so in on this. I'm desperate for revenge against my rotten uncle (he actually said that I was useless) and that tramp whose false assault charges landed me in jail.

Reply from Orpheus: Salem ruined my life. Living there turned me into a crazed criminal. Since my latest incarceration, I've been dreaming of revenge! Count me in!

Reply from Vargas: I'm in prison on minor drug charges caused by some little trollop whom I met in Salem. However, I'm due to get out soon and the mere thought of going back to Salem causes me to seriously break out in hives. The whole place is one big lunatic asylum.

Reply from Eric: Sorry, I just can't leave prison. I haven't even come close to paying for the worst crime in the history of humanity -- accidentally causing the death of Dr. Daniel Jonas, the greatest egg-baby who ever lived. :cry:

Reply from Sami: Gentlemen, if your escape plans succeed, let me know. I have a whole list of people whom I HATE who should be high on your revenge list.

@ErasofDiMeras, I think you should take that feeling and........ well.........kindly put that feeling and push it deep deep deep down inside of you to the pit of your stomach, please and thank you. Don't worry about ulcers or heartburn or anything like that because what you are suggesting is much worse!! :wink:

You'll pay for the Mylanta to!

I read somewhere that Ken Corday admits that things took a turn for the worse after Christmas.:rotfl: Yeah no kidding Sherlock! :rolleyes:

He said to start watching in September, and see if by December you have changed your mind about the show (directed at those who have indicated they no longer watch or don't want to, I guess).

And if viewers are still tuning out in droves by then, Ken Corday? Will you finally give Dena Higley the boot? Or will you keep pretending like you're doing a stellar job?

he figures Days will be back up there and renewed for another couple years.

With the way the show is going now, good luck with that pipe dream Ken Corday

Last edited:
If the show finds itself in the same state it is now at this time next year I can see the Soap Opera Digest cover now:

"THE NEW PLAN TO SAVE DAYS!!!!!

"Okay it's the same as the Old Plan only this time it will work we promise!!!" LOL

And so he knew a change had to come, yes, there will be a return to romance, etc. etc. Same thing he has said before, probably will say again.

Maybe it's just me, but Corday has a STRANGE sense of romance: stalking, rape, "slam, bam, thank you ma'am"! Ok, Nanahl, just shut up. Just because YOU know what romance is, doesn't mean everyone does. (Hitting myself on the side of the head)

I have read a bit more excerpts from his highness. In fact, I even read an excerpt from the interview he did last year wherein he mentioned seeing the scripts for January and was in awe. You know what happened in Jan., right? Hope killed Stefano, wherein Rafe walked in, the whole coverup, disposal in bldg. about to blown up, Ciara got raped......yep...wonderful month.

So this time he is saying that the show was good up to about Christmas, then went so dark, even he was all upset, felt he let the viewers down. :rolleyes: He knew he had to do something, especially when viewers were tuning out in droves. Higley was ready to return from her leave of absence, so...out went Griffith, Milstein, in came Higley & Quan. And Corday says right off the bat, Higley came up with the prison break story, then he says there will be familiar faces coming in here and there. I guess he figures it will get lighter in tone, and he feels that by Christmas folks should be really able to feel good about the changes.

And while he claims to watch every day, regular time, just as we do, I find that hard to swallow. Oh, he may do so.........but he is EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, & not only should be seeing the scripts in advance, but also the filming, & final product, MONTHS before we do. For cryin' out loud, he OWNS the show!

Oh, he may do so.........but he is EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, & not only should be seeing the scripts in advance
He should be approving the scripts in advance. This is his show and if he feels it's too dark, he should 86 it and tell the writers to bring him something new.

Like the showrunner's line from the movie Soapdish: "That's depressing and it's expensive, two words I hate. You know the words I like? I like the word "peppy" and the word "cheap"."

Back