Daytime - June (may contain spoilers)

S

Sparkster

Just starting the thread....

GH

I think I heard Finola Hughes (Anna) will be taking another break this summer so will be offscreen until fall. She may still be on for a few more weeks yet.

GH

I found it irritating that they showed a repeat episode last Friday when it wasn't necessary. I guess it was because of Muhamed Ali's funeral but there was no actual pre-emption so I was pretty confused why they would do that. I'm sorry, but that's not a good enough reason for me. I don't know if or when ABC went live to the funeral but it certainly wasn't between 2-3pm Eastern. :rolleyes:

I was happy to see Brad and Lucas finally get married but I was rather irritated that they wrote in so many interruptions to the ceremony. I thought that was really cruddy writing for them. And I'm sure since we only see them once in a blue moon that we now won't see them for awhile, so no honeymoon romance or anything like that. Horrible.

So, Sam and Jason totally have Nikolas's number regarding him faking his death/disappearance. And now Ava has come across him on the plane. I still think he was trying to plan for Hayden to be implicated in his death but who knows, maybe he wanted Jason to take the fall.

GH

like Rebecca Herbst (Liz) and Roger Howarth (Franco) Tyler Christopher (Nic) has down to the wire contract negotiations going on. As a result the actor is on a leave of absence until that is done. Next time we see Nic it will be a different actor

GH:

Ooh that preemption drove me crazy because it threw my DVR off, so I had to watch Monday's episode online.

This whole Nikolas/Ava thing is bizarre. I'm not sure how I feel about much of anything going on right now, honestly.

Do NOT want to see Nikolas recast and only want to see Franco recast if they get James Franco to agree, since they created that character for him anyway. Should have done away with it when he left, honestly.

GH

I think the replacement Nikolas is pretty decent so far. I don't know how long he will be around but I think they did a pretty good job with the recast. Now, Molly Burnett (ex-Melanie, DAYS) as Maxie will be really weird. I'm assuming she should be airing pretty soon, maybe July? I haven't watched today's yet but I'm wondering how this whole thing with Carlos' murder is going to go down. I'm sure Diane will be able to get Alexis off these charges but how can she do that without Alexis implicating Julian, who has basically threatened her life. I don't know, I used to be a fan of this couple but I don't like the way things have gone since Julian murdered Carlos. Can we just get on with it regarding Griffin being the guy that Nathan shot? They keep toying with us this little secret is going to come out and I'm ready. I wonder if they will drag it out further with Maxie being temporarily recast too. Sigh. Although, I think Nathan's ex-wife is supposed to show up soon so we shall see.

GH

Looks like Nick Stabile (replacement Nicolas) is already gone. One of the soap sites reported signs are Tyler Christopher (original Nicolas) is back working as Sunday his Twitter account became active again and he started to push fall public appearances with GH after backing out of some while be was away from GH.

Also it appears as Rosalie (she was involved with Michael and Morgan and was married to Brad which delayed his marriage to Lucas) may be returning.

Last edited by a moderator:
GH:

I didn't care for replacement Nik. Too big of a change too quickly for me, so glad Tyler Christopher is returning. My little one has been watching a lot of Disney lately, and the boy who plays Spencer stars in a show there.

I've been on vacation, so I'm about a week behind on everything. Trying my best to catch up now.

GH

Oh, for crying out loud!! Alexis is pregnant?!?! :whack:Why do soaps have this thing about making women of supposed menopausal age get pregnant?? Give me a break. I know she was a teenager when she had Sam but she's also a grandmother and Sam is mid-30's which would make Alexis about 50. Come on! Sheesh. First Ava, then Olivia, now Alexis? I suppose Carly is next. Or maybe Diane and Max will actually get a storyline and she can have a baby. Ugh!

GH

Oh, for crying out loud!! Alexis is pregnant?!?! :whack:Why do soaps have this thing about making women of supposed menopausal age get pregnant?? Give me a break. I know she was a teenager when she had Sam but she's also a grandmother and Sam is mid-30's which would make Alexis about 50. Come on! Sheesh. First Ava, then Olivia, now Alexis? I suppose Carly is next. Or maybe Diane and Max will actually get a storyline and she can have a baby. Ugh!
GH

Not 100% sure she is or something she snd Sonny are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
GH

LOL. I forgot about Laura! I was trying to think of the other over-40 women on the show.

In all seriousness, I'm hoping this is just a pregnancy scare with Alexis. I'm sorry but a baby is not going to make this Carlos murder story go away. I really hope it's not true because I certainly don't want to root for a miscarriage because fiction or not I would NEVER root for that given my own personal history. But I really hate when they do stories like this. I mean, it would be one thing if say, on Days, 5-10 years down the road they have Nicole have some miracle pregnancy in her 40's. That's fine. She's always wanted to be a mom and whether it was planned or not would be wonderful for that character. But on GH we have both Ava and Olivia who already have adult children (and Olivia a grandmother) having babies off of one-night stands and now possibly Alexis who has three adult children and a grandson not to mention being step-mom to adult Lucas and toddler Leo. Really??? Yeah, because throwing a baby into the mix would make everything better!

Not 100% sure she is or something she snd Sonny are doing
GH:

Oh my gosh, I hope you're right! I didn't quite catch all the dialogue between Sonny and Alexis today so I just presumed Sonny was guessing or throwing out the idea of her being pregnant (due to her not feeling well and sick to her stomach) to Julian just to get a rise out of him but then in the preview Alexis said "I'm pregnant!" or something like that. Let's hope this is just a ruse to get Julian to confess.

GH

Glad the replacement for Nikolas is just temporary. I remember the actor from Sunset Beach and be is a good actor but not a good replacement for the real Nik (Tyler Christopher).

GH

I think Sonny and Alexis are bluffing and today Sonny said "he took the bait"

GH -

Alexis is bluffing as revealed today

And Morgan is on my nerves already. If they write this correctly his recovery won't work. You don't recover from mental illness making your happiness dependent on one person. If KiKi is smart she will choose Dillon and run! And now Morgan telling Dillon he and KiKi are great together. So how many times did he sleep with Ava while still dating her? Way back he lied to her by not telling her she wasn't related to Michael and then she was just shot because of him.

Back