Daytime: Week of 6/29/15 (may contain spoilers)

B&B:
Thank goodness the truth that Ivy learned wasn't dragged out. I was so sure that it would be. Now people can't talk crap about Ivy being a conniver. Just goes to show how much better of a person she is than Steffy.
B&B

I'm biased because I'll always have a soft spot for Kate Ramsay (who the actress played on Neighbours). It's just so weird to see her using her Aussie voice on B&B, but I suppose its better than a terrible American accent.

edited to add name of show being commented on - JS

GH

Been getting caught up. I've been FF'ing most of the Luke/Laura crap because I just can't deal with it anymore. And this whole thing with Lulu and Dillon and then Dante and Valerie is just so stupid. I like the chemistry between Lulu/Dillon but I'm just not feeling it with Dante/Valerie. I just don't really care for the actress who portrays Valerie. The ELQ story is pretty good. I'm guessing Nikolas will get out of any sort of legal wrongdoing re: the takeover. I keep thinking about how upset Sam was with him over this...just think how she will react to his knowledge of Jake being Jason! I swear it feels like we are no closer to that secret coming out now than we were 9 months ago. Seriously, I think September will be a year since Billy Miller (Jake/Jason) first appeared. I do like how the ELQ story is a bit of an umbrella type story and involves so many characters. Keeps it interesting. I can't wait for Elizabeth and Nikolas to go be miserable with each other once the truth finally does come out. Maybe they can do so offscreen. As much as I hate Sonny sometimes I sort of liked the scenes with Michael giving baby AJ back to him. I still think the writers missed the mark here though with giving Sonny another kid. I would have much rather there be a re-write and Carlos or Silas or even Franco be the father. Hell, Ava should have never gotten pregnant in the first place. Speaking of Ava, I don't know how much more of this Denise crap I can take. Can't they just come up with some lame excuse to not be able to prosecute her for Connie's death and be done with it? It's ridiculous. And if I have to see one more scene of Ava and Morgan making out I'm going to hurl. Why did they even need to go there again? I was ok with Ava/Silas and story-wise it would have made sense since he saved her life and they spent so much time together while she was sick/recuperating. I just don't get the writing here.

Y&R

JS, the new writer (I forget his name...new producer too) began with the Valentine's Day stuff (the plane crash, Underground collapse, Austin's murder). That's why stuff seems so different now. All that shock and awe started out exciting enough but just about everything since then has been awful. I mentioned in last week's thread that some of the stories may have been changed due to network/higher up interference. From what I got from that interview with the new writer guy a couple months ago, he was really pushing things to see just how far he could go so maybe he got a lot of pushback and rewrites/edits were done last second and that's why things are so weird.

I'm betting that preview about Jack/Adam tomorrow is all in Adam's imagination. He's probably feeling guilty keeping people in the dark about what he knows about Fake Jack since his own secret would come out.

GH:

The Luke/Laura story has gotten better since Jennifer (was that her name?) got out of the picture. I'm waiting for Lulu to be kidnapped with her brothers. Why is she the exception? Dante is being ridiculous, thanks to "I don't want to start any trouble" Valerie (and I agree, Sparks, I think it's the actress I don't like, she's very fake to me). Sorry but Dante needs to tone it down a notch and what the heck is Sonny's problem, encouraging him to go?! Dante is supposed to be a detective. He should know that there's nothing about the situation that adds up, and shame on him for not giving Sonny the whole story, because I bet Sonny would have figured something out. I'm not sure how I feel about Nikolas. Some days I enjoy seeing the dark side of him and some days I can't stand it. I still despise Elizabeth though and I kinda hope the rumors about her leaving the show this summer are true. I wish the Jason reveal would happen, and soon. And as far as Ava goes... I get why the Morgan crap keeps happening, but I hate it. I'd rather see her with Silas, but I don't think that's going to happen. The thing with Franco isn't bothering me yet, I think it's kind of hilarious, but the competition between Franco and Nina is getting old. And how disgusting is Ric, sleeping with Madeline?! Eeeewwwwww.

Y&R:

What in the world is going on with this show? Did they switch writers or something? Are they trying to change storylines mid-direction? It feels like none of the stories are fitting together or making sense at the moment....
Y&R

Maybe they're taking a cue from the Emmy®-Award winning Days of Our Lives? LOLOL

I catch the show now and then at work, and I had the same thought. It's like one episode doesn't lead to the next sometimes. Though I assume that's my fault because I don't watch it regularly!! Maybe not, eh? LOL

B&B
I agree. I'd rather see that trio working together and being nice than what will probably amount to months of Liam agonizing over which woman to choose: Ivy or Steffy.

What does everyone (who watches the show) think so far of Zende and Nicole?

GH

Wake me up when this Luke exit story is over. Ugh...although I liked seeing Ethan again today. I wonder who the person is behind all this. I'm assuming it's not one of the usual suspects (Helena, Jerry, Faison). Can we get this show on the road with Jake/Jason and Sam figuring out the truth? I'd love to see a brawl with Jason kicking Nik's butt and Sam kicking Liz's. They both deserve it. I FF'd anything Franco/Kiki and Morgan/Ava.

Y&R

I actually like the twist with Marissa basically blackmailing Adam. Looking forward to their scenes tomorrow. I loved how Jack pointed at Victor when he woke up today. So, I don't always get to watch everyday but am I right in assuming that Victor thinks he shot Marco and doesn't know that it's Jack? He believes Jack is dead, right? If so I can't wait for him to realize that Marco is still out there and he actually shot Jack. LOL. I really hope Victor pays dearly for all this but I have a feeling he will just skate on by.

So, I read on Daytime Royalty about the whole "rape" issue with Marco/Phyllis and it sounds like this will be very poorly addressed. Sounds like Victor will not be held accountable at all for that and Jack is supposedly going to be jealous of the fact that Phyllis slept with Marco not realizing it wasn't Jack instead of being more concerned about the fact that Marco raped Phyllis. Wow. Even though they really didn't pay for it, at least this was addressed on DAYS with Rafe2 (and Stefano and EJ). This makes me hate the new writing/producing team even more. :angry:

Back