Daytime: Week of 9/1 (probably contains spoilers)

B&B:
Hope confronts Ivy about getting involved with Liam; she believes Liam would be better off being single for a while and getting over Hope.
Wyatt makes a request to Bill that would benefit him and Hope but would be to Liam's detriment
Charlie learns Quinn was in Paris
Hope learns something about her mother and Deacon
Quinn makes a confession to Bill and tries to get him as an ally
Liam feels uncomfortable at Ivy's barbecue when he realizes everyone there is a couple...except for him and Ivy.
Katie is pressured by Rick to share Ridge's secret
Ridge begins working with a new muse...Caroline
Rick wants Maya to back off after she confesses she still loves him

GH

I feel there are some characters on soaps that shouldn't be replaced. Jason is one of them, bring Billy Miller on as a new character and let him develop it his way. I love Billy Miller too and haven't watched Y&R since he left, but in my eyes he won't replace Steve Burton as Jason! There are something that are better off left alone!

GH

Thanks for posting the news missharley! I can understand people's sentiments about a recast. I'm willing to give him a chance since I loved him on Y&R but it is a little weird to think of Billy Miller in the role of Jason. I wonder how he will mesh with Sam. It's funny how it was predicted months ago that he would be cast as Jason. Same thing with Michelle Stafford as Nina. I guess sometimes it's hard to really keep a secret in soap land.

As to today's show, I love the twist at the end! This is one thing that GH does so well. Little surprises out of nowhere. So who is the "boss" that Levi spoke of who apparently walked in at the end? Fake Luke? Victor Cassadine? Levi's father? The rest of the show was pretty filler although I did like the confrontation between Nina and Ava.

Y&R

I have no idea what happened today because stupid DirecTV and Raycom can't seem to decide who should screw over their customers more for something that should be FREE!!!! :beat:

Thanks JS! I sure hope this thing is settled with the TV soon. Hubby is going to be super TICKED if it's not resolved by Sunday for football!!

B&B

Why did they have Wyatt/Hope get married? All they have done is have Hope talk about Liam, I don't find this of any importance, I would rather watch Wyatt/Hope build a life together with ups and downs in it! Liam is her past move on and if this not the case its a waste of everyone's time and energy!

GH:

I'm still not completely caught up from last week, think I may have started Friday's episode this morning but when did Silas and Nina decide they were together? Last I saw of them she was giving him the pitiful "all I ever wanted was a baby but if I can't have a baby I at least want to make love to my husband" crap and kept saying they were together? Maybe she meant it literally but it didn't seem so to me. I was really hoping she and Franco would hook up.

And Sam/Patrick can cut it out. I don't like this at all and wish they'd just stay friends.

I'm liking the Maxie/Lulu stuff but hoping it doesn't drag out much longer.

Maybe why I thought Days was preempted for so long was there was other stuff besides OJ too. Thanks to Jason47
OJ was the cause 10 times (still 10 too many)

Tue. 7/5/94 O.J. SIMPSON TRIAL
Wed. 7/6/94 O.J. SIMPSON TRIAL
Thu. 7/7/94 O.J. SIMPSON TRIAL
Fri. 7/8/94 O.J. SIMPSON TRIAL
Thu .11/24/94 NFL FOOTBALL: BUFFALO VS. DETROIT
Mon. 1/2/95 COTTON BOWL: TEXAS TECH VS. USC
Mon. 1/23/95 O.J. SIMPSON TRIAL
Tue . 1/24/95 O.J. SIMPSON TRIAL
Wed. 1/25/95 O.J. SIMPSON TRIAL
Thu . 1/26/95 O.J. SIMPSON TRIAL
Mon. 1/30/95 O.J. SIMPSON TRIAL
Fri. 3/3/95 BILL CLINTON SPEECH ON BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT DEFEAT
Wed. 4/19/95 OKLAHOMA CITY FEDERAL BUILDING BOMBING
Mon. 7/3/95 WIMBLEDON TENNIS FOURTH ROUND
Tue. 7/4/95 WIMBLEDON TENNIS QUARTERFINALS
Thu. 7/6/95 WIMBLEDON TENNIS SEMIFINALS
Fri. 7/7/95 WIMBLEDON TENNIS SEMIFINALS
Tue. 10/3/95 O.J. SIMPSON TRIAL VERDICT
:back: :)

B&B
I agree; this whole thing with Liam and Hope, coulda woulda shoulda, is getting even more boring than the actual pairing was. If Hope regrets it so badly, get an annulment and marry Liam. As someone here said: poop or get off the pot! If she doesn't wanna divorce Wyatt, she needs to shut up and leave Liam alone!!!

Sorry, that situation is just riling me up, especially since I'm loving the buildup to Liam & Ivy.

GH

I still need to catch up but while we've known or figured Jason is returning but not with Steve Burton playing him, it's weird they showed a picture of Jason a few weeks ago & it was a pic of Steve Burton.

Sparkster, on the back of the DirecTV receiver should be an extra coaxial jack that you can attach an over the air digital antenna to. That way you can get network stations still for those channels. Cox cable also is stalled in negotiations I saw & those with Cox cable have the same issue. :)

Addition: Sparkster, you may see the term OTA or OTA-HD on the boxes when looking for antennas. That means Over The Air & Over The Air Hi-Def. I tried to be helpful with giving those initials & what they mean to avoid confusion & be clear but it was edited out of the post. One of those are the antenna you need. No rule was broken & nothing was done that isn't done by many others so I don't know why the helpful info was edited out.

I don't watch any other soaps besides Days, so this is my first time in this thread. Since it is devoted to daytime TV, perhaps your very helpful suggestions to Sparks would have been better done via PM, (as you did for me when I was having a problem).
Just an aside, but many, like me, are unable to get over the air channels.

Because helping you to set up your situation in another room entailed a long explanation whereas explaining about connecting an antenna can be summed up in a short paragraph that can also assist others who may have the issue since Cox & other cable providers aren't offering some networks due to their agreements & contracts. That affects some people's daytime viewing (& nighttime viewing) :)

B&B

OK Hope, let's stop daydreaming about Liam and move on and put it in high gear. You never know, you might like Wyatt more then Liam, if given the chance. Ivy was right today when she said Hope was just like her Mother! Another day without Bill is always a positive thing.

I thought on this thread we were to talk about daytime TV! :confused:

We are, but Sparks had mentioned that problem with her satellite so Sirramix was trying to help her, posted it here just in case anyone else was having the same problem.

Thanks for the tip sirramix! I'll have to relay that to my husband since he will understand more about those types of things than I would! :)

GH

Not a surprise that Victor is Nathan's father....or at least that appears where they're headed. I wonder if Victor and his men are just going to take Levi away and then the others will eventually wake up and be fine. Except that now Nathan knows who is responsible and who Levi was working with. I kinda hope Kiki tells Franco about Carly/Sonny just to see what happens. LOL. The quicker they break up Carly/Franco the better!

Back