Delusional lying, and to a priest

SarahBeth

Reaction score
I said it before and I'll say it again.... Kissing someone is not almost making love. Good grief, Eric IS delusional. Partially clad due to the extreme heat doesn't mean ya stripped for some action. Neither lips or hands below the chin doesn't even constitute foreplay. So maybe the heat did get to him and he doesn't remember what happened. That's all I can guess, because Eric is making zero sense and if Daniel hears his delusional account it will only cause trouble. Then again we've seen his memory account in the flashbacks so it seems that he's trying to hard so convince himself that he is lying to his priest.

Nicole repeatedly told Eric that there was no almost making love between them but he has refused to hear it and has followed her around repeating his side to the point of practically bullying her into believing him.

Now Daniel isn't exactly my favorite but I do like him with Nicole. He just needs to be good to her. But as much as I tried to enjoy the proposal there was the black cloud Eric the sourpuss and his delusions dancing around in the background crapping on the story.

There are only two reasons that I can think of for them to continue with Eric constantly saying they "almost made love". It's just a plot point so that Serena can overhear and blab to Daniel in order to hurt Nicole (likely) or there's something more going on here and they actually did make love but neither remember it (unlikely). If they weren't already doing a pregnancy/who's the daddy story I'd say there would be a good possibility for option B but since Nicole isn't allowed to have children it was a pipe dream anyway.

Good point SarahBeth. I noted yesterday when NICOLE said, "Came close to making love...," I was genuinely surprised. It confused me. That's not what happened, nor how she presented it in the hospital.

Your explanation makes sense. Though I'm sure you're being more clever than the now-fired Hack writers. Perhaps Eric is un/intentionally bullying her into the belief that they almost had sex?

Either they really did make love or this is going to end up being part of something bigger down the line. I just posted in another thread but perhaps this is a case of be careful what you wish for for Nicole where she now has everything she thinks she wants but it's still not enough because it's not Eric. If they are talking about almost making love, that may strengthen Nicole's feelings towards Eric.

I think calling Eric a liar and delusional is a stretch. They did kiss after proclaiming each other was the love of the other's lives. And they did seem to be on the verge of going further before they abruptly stopped. It wasn't exactly a platonic situation.

For what it's worth, I think (hope) we are getting a combination of old writers and new writers right now with this storyline which explains why it seems to jump from one extreme to the other.

Eric is reading more into their conversation & kiss than there was. Nicole has tried to be clear, Eric just refuses to accept it. Perhaps he wanted to have sex, or was ready or whatever he wanted to call it. Doesn't seem like something a couple would want to do in 120° heat, (or more) just making you perspire more, maybe even die sooner from losing all the hydration in one's body. ????

Eric is reading more into their conversation & kiss than there was. Nicole has tried to be clear, Eric just refuses to accept it. Perhaps he wanted to have sex, or was ready or whatever he wanted to call it. Doesn't seem like something a couple would want to do in 120° heat, (or more) just making you perspire more, maybe even die sooner from losing all the hydration in one's body. ????
Good points. In addition, they were on the verge of passing out and then expiring. Eric is totally obsessive and he's probably played this incident over in his mind so many times that he's created false memories for himself. Instead seeing Father Louis, whose job is forgiving sins, Mr. Sourpuss should be seeking psychiatric help (not from Marlena).

The way Eric is getting so worked up about something that almost (but didn't) happen feels like he is becoming one of those stalker types they have had before. I sure hope they don't go there....again! They have made Eric almost devoid of a personality as it is. They don't have to ruin him completely. Let him move on and get a personality and a new love interest.

I just don't understand this at all. Why is Eric saying that him and Nicole "started to make love"?? Did we not see this happening on screen? Is he delusional? All we saw was them kissing?? What's going to happen when Daniel confronts Nicole about this and she says all they did was kiss? I think Eric is losing it!!

Call me naïve, but I'm of the mind that something bigger is at play here, especially after today! Eric seemed to finally let go of Nicole today and wished her well with Daniel. They said their goodbye's so to speak. I think these mentions of "almost made love" by both Nicole and Eric are going to eventually be a realization by either Nicole or Eric that they actually did have sex in that furnace. Call me doubly naïve because I also think we're going to get a pregnancy story for Nicole but they'll automatically assume the baby's Daniel's because Nicole and Eric have no recollection of sex in the furnace. Things between Daniel, Nicole, and Eric are on a path to being too easy (with Eric backing off today) and something is going to happen to rock the boat.

I'm drawing parallels between this story and Shawn and Belle and the barn. It may be wishful thinking, but I think this is where they're headed.

I had the same thought as cryin. It could be that Eric THINKS they stopped. It could also be that Eric THINKS they were about to make love, and FELT it was more.

This is how to craft a story well. I am loving it. I will love it however they develop it, whether they say, "They did make love and didn't remember," or even if all is at it seems.

Making love and not remembering.....Days did that, we do not need a replay. (Belle & Shawn) But I do like the idea that eric THINKS they did, or else began to do so, (just because he wanted to so much, and was out of it, hallucinating, etc.)

He is never specific with Nicole about "what happened". When they talk, it is just that as long they were dying, they glad to be with someone who cared about them, and who they cared about.

Back