SPOILER !! Departure announced

Bummer. Time for Joe to date one of his cousins.
Good point. Unless Jade is recast or some new girl's Joey's age move into Salem, the following conversation could occur.

Joey: Mom, I'm dating Claire.

Kayla: Joseph Johnson, you do realize that she's one of your many cousins -- second, third, or a few times removed. I don't remember. Anyway, according to a website that keeps track of tangled Salem family trees, your Grandma Caroline is her great-grandmother

Joey: Mom, get real. There are almost no girls my age in Salem. What am I supposed to do, become a priest like jailbird Eric?

Kayla: Joey, don't talk about poor Eric that way. And why can't you find a nice girl at Salem U.?

Joey: Salem what?

Last edited:
I really hope it's not a recast situation, and that it is a character departure. I think we've had enough of her. I really want the "Ooops, I'm pregnant!" storylines to cease around here and Joey, for all of his bad behavior, doesn't deserve this. Even Steve was more careful than this, because we've not seen a spawn of his show up from his teenage/bad boy years.

Even Steve was more careful than this, because we've not seen a spawn of his show up from his teenage/bad boy years.

True, and I hope by saying that I haven't given the universe any bright ideas.

Edited to add: I'm a couple of episodes behind, but in Monday's epi (the Thanksgiving one) Jade just seems a little too... smug... that this would be Steve and Kayla's grandchild. Just too smug overall, and that doesn't quite seem to be in character with the way she's been in the past.

Last edited:
There are rumors that "Jade's world comes crashing down". She has pains as her and Joey are fighting, which leads me to think she loses the baby and then there is no more use for her and this stupid storyline. Hope there is not a recast.

My guess is either Joey forces her to take a DNA and he's not the baby daddy or she loses the baby. Either way, I'm glad, I can't stand her, so bye!

Back