Designated Survivor

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have watched this show from the beginning, the premise was fantastic, and Kiefer Sutherland has been outstanding (to me) as the man who survives and becomes President, something he never ever intended or envisioned.

The show does great in portraying/showing the political divisions, the behind the scenes deals, the political hacks who dig their feet in, wanting to take advantage, the media hounds who do the same, the politicians who really care, those who don't give a fig. They had to, on the last show, replace all 9 Supreme Court Justices, and one party was refusing to help with the 9th. And what they did, was seat the 8 who had been approved, because they HAD to get the Supreme Court back in business.

Meanwhile, a couple of special agents have been working on who blew up Congress, and rather than an outside country being responsible, have now discovered a rather secretive cult group in a remote area, Americans, who look to be the culprits behind the catastrophe which killed the entire Congress and the President.

Yea, it's one of my favorite shows now too. Saw Keifer Sutherland on Jimmy Fallon the other night. He said he hadn't planned on doing another series so soon after 24. He got the script for Designated Survivor and couldn't pass it up.

The show from day one was intriguing and Keifer never disappoints. Lived seeing Linda Purl this last episode and appreciate the Alzheimer's story. A big disappointment is the liberal focus and last night referring to a Republican as an "SOB". I want to see less partisanship and focus on a president working with all parties.

I think that is the daunting task this president faces. There was NO ONE left of all the elected representatives and Senators, so it was starting from scratch. And those who had to step in/replace ......well, there is the battle for new power, the battle for one upmanship, just as difficult to cope with as in real life when a brand new president takes office. But in this case, the conspiracy to eradicate the govt. still exists.

That is all true, Poirot, but he hasn't called a Democrat an SOB. Balance is key for me. It should be quite a season finale!

LOL, I just figure he called that person an SOB...and some people ARE, no matter which side they claim to be on.

Anyone else disappointed by the 'big reveal' last night of the traitor?! A position of power - I get that - but if would have had greater impact if someone closer to Kirkman. Just my opinion.

Oh, I loved it all. And I do not think we know everything yet. Everyone is jostling for power, position, and are evidently in better positions to backstab, etc. Don't like Hannah being held hostage now....And I do think there is much more to this conspiracy than so far revealed.

Yes I agree there are more threads unraveling. It is more complex than a simple reveal. Just a source closer to Kirkman will have emotional impact but this story easily flows into next season.

I'm enjoying the show. I was disappointed who the traitor was because I couldn't remember who he is.
Maybe we see him next week.

I went to read the recap because I wasn't sure who he was. He was the guy that showed Hannah all the tape on Lozano when he was "killed". I didn't really pay attention to the actor when that was happening.

Well, there are 4 more episodes, being called a 4 part "finale" to the season. That is why I figured there just is more to this conspiracy than we have seen. Actually, even the recappers have had to go back to look up some characters because they were only shown a couple of times before being revealed to have a part.

Back