Designated Survivor

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a shock the ending was tonight (12/13) Show won't be back for a few weeks cause of holiday programming......will be "can't miss" for me for sure

I just saw episode. When she made the phone message, I figured, oh dear.

The actress playing his wife stated months ago she was leaving the show for other work. So no surprise for me, but the story handling it seems well done.

I haven't seen it for several weeks but hope Mrs. Kirkman is killed off. Until this "season," I could hardly wait for each new show to air. Lately, it seems to be more about Hannah Wells and her experiences...... Yawn..

I loved seeing Bonnie Bedelia as the first mother-in-law. Many of us old-timers will remember her as Sandy Porter (daughter of Linc and Maggie Porter) in Love of Life.

I don't read anything about TV shows, so I had no idea what was going to happen.

Guarantee you, this was a surprise and shock to anyone who watches. I have since read an article about the writers weighing various different scenarios for the actress who wanted to do another show...and why they decided on the one they finally did. But no one was aware ahead of time of exactly what happened this week.

I was shocked. When he fell to his knees, I thought, well I'm gonna say she died, but then the previews verified it. I was surprised they didn't leave it a cliffhanger. I did not know actress wanted to leave. And it doesn't come back til February 28th!!!! 2 and half months!!!!

I've been in a bubble - I had no idea she wanted to leave, and I saw the preview for the show when I was watching "American Housewife". When I saw the scene of Kirkman (Kiefer Sutherland) on his knees, I knew I had to stay up and watch it.

Man, I knew as soon as she was in the car, that was it. I was just waiting for the headlights of the oncoming truck/car that was going to take her out. I wonder if it's going to come out as a senseless accident, or as a deliberate attempt. Either way, the preview of the back half of the season just killed me.

I have never missed an episode but knowing the actress was leaving told me there are a few standard tv outs for a character. Near the end of the show I wondered why nothing had happened yet and then bam! Previews are focusing on the aftermath next season. Just wish the Hannah Wells story would rap up but previews show more to come. This show is well done because Keifer Sutherland is such an effective actor.

Of course my DVR didn't capture the show so I had to catch it On Demand. I saw the tweet with the surprise death, so I had to watch before I read any more. Afterwards, I read that the actress was looking for other work. I was shocked and look forward to the return.

Great seeing Michael J Fox last night. He'll be on the rest
of the season.

I was glad to see him, but had some difficulty understanding what he was saying, seemed he was speaking so fast. I know he has Parkinson's, for several years now, and has established a foundation research & find a cure. I think there are 3 or 4 more episodes left for Designated Survivor....love the show.

When the show first came on, I could hardly wait until it came on each week, and enjoyed every second of it. Unfortunately, I feel it soon became "The Hannah Wells Show," and I started losing interest. I have 16 episodes recorded that I haven't watched, and I'm thinking about deleting them.

Never had a big audience, even less with the crucial 18-45 demo

It did 1st season.........but.....probably was not a good idea to end that season by killing off the first Lady.

Back