(Dis) Honest Abe?

The more I see, the more I believe definitely a set up, Abe was a cop himself, remember, Chief of Police, Commander, too. Would he really be so sloppy, so obvious about his wad of cash?

I am thinking he is working with Eli, set himself up to be the patsy, the real culprit will relax......and make a mistake..Voila!

I think it's a set up too.

We saw Eli first talking to Rafe and Hope. We didn't see it, but they were surprised
who the partner is. Later, Eli said you know what to do.

I think Abe knew when it was going to happen. He kept trying to make Valerie leave.
And Eli didn't like shaking Raines hand either.

Could be a setup to smoke out the real partner.
If this is a set-up designed to flush out the real criminal, it's of a peculiar, only-in-Salem variety. If the actual culprit hears about Abe's arrest, he/she is likely to quote Roman by saying, "What da hell?" And then when Anne Milbauer prints a Spectator article providing details, including Abe making big purchases using bogus money and flashing a big wad of counterfeit cash, he/she is likely to think something decidedly fishy is going on. If anything, such a bizarre scenario is likely to put the actual suspect on high alert. The time to relax, if ever, would be when Abe is convicted and sent off to join, Gus, Vargas, and Dr. Baker in state prison. In any case, Abe can now provide company for Sonny and Chad, and help them out with their quest to recover even more lost memories. E.g., Sonny: "Great news, Paul. Thanks to Mayor Carver, I can now remember seeing who stuck a knife in Deimos. You'll never guess who it was."

In any case, Abe can now provide company for Sonny and Chad, and help them out with their quest to recover even more lost memories. E.g., Sonny: "Great news, Paul. Thanks to Mayor Carver, I can now remember seeing who stuck a knife in Deimos. You'll never guess who it was."
At the very least, he can provide a 3rd player for a rousing game of Uno or Go Fish.

Back