Does EJ really mean what he said to Sami?

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
I have to admit, I felt a tad sorry for EJ when he collapsed on the cell floor after Sami left. Today, he told her that the money, expensive suits, etc. don't mean anything to him without her. Do you think he means it?

I really think he believes what he said today, but I also think if he got Sami back, he would continue doing the same dirty and dastardly things he has always done. I believe he loves Sami as much as he can love anyone.

Thoughts?

I'm saying NO. The ONLY person I believed he actually loved as much as he could anyone was/is Nicole. This is because he was never fake or phony with her like he was in his obsession to attain Sami who he views, along with his children, as pawns and his property.

That little speech like everything else about them is a lie and built on golden mountains of crap. In my opinion, he is only sorry he got caught and sorry he was such an "idiot" to quote him. If he loved her he would NOT have been trying to ensure Abby, Percy and Nick... list goes on and on, stay quiet. Sami had the Salem brain and were not fooled by his "charms" either. :sick:

I don't think he meant it today, but, I do agree he loves Sami as much as he can love anyone. ..............deleted spoiler in non-spoiler forum...Poirot.
I would have liked to have seen Ej dumbstruck with the realization that he does love her. Then have the writers write a slow moving story with him admitting and paying for all he has done against her and her family, and ending in love.

EJ, if he really loved Sami, has a very poor way of showing it, in my opinion. The indignities and injustices heaped upon her...we know them all, and the list has been recited too many times in too many threads. EJ can drape her in jewelry, cover her in furs, and feed her grapes he peeled himself. Doesn't mean a thing. He is who he is.
Right now, EJ is embarrassed because not only has he been caught in his lies over and over, but he did not pay attention and had the house and business taken away from him. He is thinking of how he can convince Sami to overlook his indiscretions once again, regain control, and manipulate her as he has always done.
He gets away with it all, doesn't he? Doesn't seem to be too worried about these tax evasion charges at all, does he? After all, if he goes to jail for this, he would not have Samanther after all, would he now? Or the children. But, he is not worried at all, is he? And why is that?

EJ does not know the meaning of love. The closest I think he came was with Nicole. But he only feels sorry when he is caught for his dastardly wrongdoing, because he is caught. If Sami did forgive EJ today (as I was scared she would at first) he would just end up doing something else to betray her. I am glad Sami has seen the light.

Nope, but I believe he meant what he said to Kate. And to Harold. I couldn't tell what he was trying to convey with the blinking Morse Code, so not sure if he meant that.

By the time EJ paid for all his misdeeds and crimes, both Sami and he would be too old to cut the mustard.

Probably not, but they'd be too old to spread it around. :wink:

First thought on seeing the thread: "As much as anyone can believe EJ, I believe it."

Further thought: I think he DOES mean what he said. And I am in the not-usual position of agreeing with EJ/Sami fans that this is an untrue form for his character. The "real" EJ would, as others have said, be openly plotting his revenge to be overheard by the butterflies in the garden and making Sami and her kin suffer in ways not yet imagined. But this emasculated smoochy-woochy in EJ's skin, I think he really believes his bull.

@ JasonDi, Of course he believes his bull. If you do something long enough, in Elvis case lie and deceive you begin to believe what you try to sell to others. Blurring fact from fiction but that is who EJ was from day one when he first came to Salem as EJ Wells.

Thinking back, I think he believed that vow he made to God that he'd change his ways if Johnny was spared when he was diagnosed with eye cancer, but as soon as Johnny was out of danger and saw Sami and Rafe in the hospital together, he hatched the Rafe II plot, hurting not just Rafe, but Sami, Johnny, Allie... the list goes on. He can't help himself when it comes to getting what he wants at any cost to others.

Yes I think EJ believed what he said to Sami & I also believe she still loves him. I also think in the past that Sami believed what she has said to others like Austin & Lucas when she was sorry for things she did. And like her, while believing what he said he'll still be EJ DiMera in the future.

Off topic for a sec, but it was Stefano who hatched the Rafe2 plot. By the time EJ was aware of it I think the plastic surgery was already done to Arnold compliments of Stefano. The switch happened when Rafe was in the hospital after a car accident but yes EJ saw Sami at Rafe's bedside & took that opportunity to call Stefano to make the switch.

Back to topic. I think these bumps in the road are what EJ & Sami have overcome more than once. Once Sami gets her anger out, they will overcome this as well.

I never believed she did. In my opinion, she is lyng to herself. Because her whole identity has revolved around being with, "loving" a man who would "love " her back...since Rafe and Lucas wouldn't anymore, she went for EJ. And her recemt talks with Kate and actions have me believing she really loves Rafe, hasn't stopped loving him.

Off topic for a sec, but it was Stefano who hatched the Rafe2 plot. By the time EJ was aware of it I think the plastic surgery was already done to Arnold compliments of Stefano. The switch happened when Rafe was in the hospital after a car accident but yes EJ saw Sami at Rafe's bedside & took that opportunity to call Stefano to make the switch.
Yep, it was Stefano's plot to begin with, but EJ sure did enjoy seeing Sami raped from a distance almost as much as he did up close and personal. His laughter when he willingly became a participant in the plot is typical EJ, which is why I will never believe he loves her or ever did. What kind of a man enjoys knowing that the woman he "loves" is living with an imposter and is being assaulted by that individual and does nothing to stop it??

edited to fix quote....JS

Yes, when Stefano took EJ to see his Rafe "replica", EJ was in 7th heaven. I will never ever forget how he & EJ laughed and "toasted" when Arnold "consumated" the marriage & called EJ to gleefully tell him. Or how EJ & Stefano jovially ate their meal, drank their wine or brandy, sitting in front of the helpless real Rafe, on a cot in THEIR jail cell.

I do think James Scott does a wonderful job portraying EJ DiMera, but the character is a charlatan, cannot be trusted or believed. As others have noted, he wants what he wants, and when he wants it. The guy should have been a sultan with a harem, and then could pick and choose every day with no worries. LOL

Back