Eileen Davidson (Kristen)

Discussion in 'The Crystal Ball (spoilers)' started by cryin4days, Jul 30, 2013.

1. No1_ILoveLucyFan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    We know Kristen is on her way out, Will, Chad, possibly Gabi, perhaps Rafe (after that tweet Galen Gerin sent up? Seriously - the guy shot himself in the foot with that one! But I digress...). There could be re-casts but honestly, can you picture anyone else filling the role of Will within a few months of Chandler Massey (Will) leaving? Same with Chad & the others, unless they all get group discount plastic surgery to explain the new actors & actresses. And unless the writers plan on using them in storylines, they needn't bother to re-cast in the first place. HEAVEN FORBID any characters should get more screen time than the Golden couple or Dr. Taniel & Princess Flaky.

What is going on backstage at Days to make so many people leave at the same time? Granted, Eileen Davidson (Kristen) only signed on for a year so that explains her, but what about the rest of them? This is just a head-scratcher!
    HolySmacks, Jerri25, soapkitty and 4 others appreciate this.
  2. chateaurew Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Indiana wants me...Lord I can't go back there
    well maybe instead of the "shot in the arm" Corday really needs a "boot in the ....".
    HolySmacks, koalat53, TheWriter and 9 others appreciate this.
  3. MandieBlanchard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Something is definitely not KOSHER it seems like everyone is packing up their gears and fleeing out of Salemville!!
    TheWriter, soapkitty, Muzzaman and 4 others appreciate this.
  4. katmouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    All I can say is "OMG".

It's going to be interesting. Will Eric finally figure out what happened?
    HolySmacks, jgk, Daysdegrassi and 1 other person appreciate this.
  5. sirramix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I guess this is one of the perks of them taping so far in advance (if you like the Kristen character). She'll still be on screen for a while.

I wish her the best & am sure we will see her back on the small screen in some capacity sooner or later. Yes, this does make the storyline & casting call for the look-alike all the more interesting.
    soapkitty, Muzzaman, Daysdegrassi and 3 others appreciate this.
  6. katmouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Kristen is entertaining, but what she did to Eric was just too much.

:OT: I'm wondering now if John might pop back in Salem
    HolySmacks, ShaSha, Muzzaman and 3 others appreciate this.
  7. D4ysfan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    So, is there a list somewhere of characters that are leaving with Kristen? I think Kristen could come back as more of a gray character, like Nicole or maaaaybe Kate. I love the character and actress, but I do agree that her constant scheming against John and Marlena has been tiring.

And also what she did to Eric was awful and I hated it.
    katmouse, Muzzaman, jgk and 2 others appreciate this.
  8. Just Samantha Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Soaps do it all the time; one day they have someone playing the role, the next day, it's someone else. On The Young and The Restless, they still do the voice-over at the beginning of a re-cast's first scene to say "the role of [character name] is now being played by so-and-so". They don't always have to have a "reason" for why the person looks different.

Heck, on Y&R, the girl who played Abby (Marcy Rylan) was this teeny-tiny, little 4' 10" actress; the next day the new girl took over and she's about 5' 10". Other than both girls having blond hair, they looked nothing alike. At the beginning of the new girl's first scene, the voice-over just said "the role of Abby Newman is now being played by Melissa Ordway" with no comments by anyone (other characters) as to how Abby grew a foot taller overnight.
    Jerri25, soapkitty, chateaurew and 4 others appreciate this.
  9. MandieBlanchard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Oftentimes a re- cast enhances/kills the character.. when Jay Kenneth Johnson(Philip) left the show in 2002 and Kyle Brandt took over the role.. He killed it for me..didn't like him one bit!!

Eric Martsolf in my opinion is a much better(Brady) than Kyle Lowder
    Krista Allen was the worst re-cast of(Billie)
    katmouse, jgk, TamiBelle and 2 others appreciate this.
  10. Daysdegrassi Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Yup, and like LucyFan said, others are leaving too. After Kristen and much of the younger cast are gone, ai suspect Days will take a ratings dive.
    katmouse and D4ysfan appreciate this.
  11. MandieBlanchard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Dd said "I suspect Days will take a ratings dive."

@Dd...,Where have you been hiding? Days is drowning in the ratings!! The show is very sick in hospital bed drinking from sippy cups
    katmouse, D4ysfan and Daysdegrassi appreciate this.
  12. Sparkster Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    This is not too surprising. Due to the timing of this, I'm beginning to agree with those that believe this whole scheme re: Eric is going to be dragged out until November. It better be a good payoff because I'm sick of it already. I was fine with the Kristen character until she raped a priest! That did it for me. I will miss Eileen Davidson but not Kristen.
    ktspirit, katmouse, chateaurew and 5 others appreciate this.
  13. TamiBelle Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I don't know what is up, but I can't see all these recasts, something has got to give. I love this show but I believe it is going to hell in a hand basket fast........ I must say it again Kristen ruined herself for me when she Raped a Good Priest.
    TheWriter, ktspirit, katmouse and 4 others appreciate this.
  14. jgk Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    If the truth about what Kristen has truly done comes out, perhaps they will send her to somewhere where she can supposedly get some rehab! I am relieved to hear that there will be an end to her storyline. I was over it a while ago!!!!!!!!!!
    katmouse, Nanahl, Daysdegrassi and 2 others appreciate this.
  15. MandieBlanchard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Kristen is too far gone for any type of REHAB.. She lashes out with vicious rage/anger. she is complete narcissist..
    Kristen needs Dr. Rolf to completely reprogram her!!
    lovelydays, TheWriter, angelicamc2 and 5 others appreciate this.
  16. Jazz Cat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Days needs the texture that Kristen brought to the canvas; age group, gender, family connection- all of it. Without her Days tightens up considerably, and we don't need or want that: I don't want that.
    Daysdegrassi appreciates this.
  17. Daysdegrassi Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Yeah, but it could get worse. Besides, DOOL recently has been tying with or surpassing GH in ratings.
    katmouse, Nanahl and MandieBlanchard appreciate this.
  18. ShaSha Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Kyle Lowder (Brady) in my opinion was THE MAN....I loved him with Chloe and the Songs that coupled them....Eric Martsolf is terrific as well and is a much different Brady than Kyle..They are both great...ShaSha edited to add actors' last names....JS
    Jerri25, katmouse, Daysdegrassi and 1 other person appreciate this.
  19. Poirot Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    When Eileen Davidson was first hired....do any of you remember this? She was astounded when she was let go from her other soap (Y&R??) but then got the call from Days almost right away. In an interview, she has said she learned afterwards that it was Sony who wanted her on Days and requested Y*R let her go. So must have been some heated meetings at the time, in my opinion. LOL

Just remember something in re: the younger actors. It has happened a lot in the past, on all soaps. They want to stretch their wings, try other things, other venues. Somewhere I had read that in the LA area, there are 10,000 jobless actors, and only 100 jobs available. How many regulars on long time series have you seen virtually disappear after having been beloved in their roles on their series? They spend 5-8 years on a series, and then become invisible. I am talking prime time now, not just soaps.
    The actors who portrayed Melanie, Chelsea, Max, Lexie, Bo....all left of their own accord for differing reasons. Chad & Will are both leaving of their own accord, for their own very different reasons. Kristen was here for a 1 year run. The time is up.
    We do NOT know or have been advised of any recasts. WE might suspect there could be one or two...but that is nothing. We have had to have recasts for various reasons. Quite often the show may want an actor back who doesn't want to return, or perhaps is committed elsewhere.
    I would agree that it is hard at times to want a character back, and when it happens, it is a new face.
    I did not have a problem with Kyle Brandt taking over the role of Philip. What was hard was to have the original actor return, who was supposed to have had a face transplant and lost a leg, neither of which were ever mentioned from that point on. (And please understand I loved Jay Kenneth Johnson as Philip) Jay has been asked to return and has refused.
    Jerri25, katmouse, Daysdegrassi and 2 others appreciate this.
  20. Just Samantha Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Yep, Eileen Davidson (Kristen) was extremely ticked-off when Y&R fired her. She was quite vocal about it on Twitter. Then a few days later, Days charged in, supposedly told her it was a deal through Sony to move her from one soap to the other and then came to an agreement for her to re-join Days as Kristen. But she was really mad at Y&R for letting her go.
    HolySmacks, katmouse, Daysdegrassi and 3 others appreciate this.