EJ/Abigail

Discussion in 'Daily Days' started by julia_princess, Dec 12, 2013.

1. julia_princess Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    What do you think of the interaction between these two? I kind of liked it, and it seems to me that they are going to have abby being interested in EJ.
    Daysdegrassi, Jerri25 and katmouse appreciate this.
  2. Just Samantha Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I actually like the idea, just to see Jen-Jen's head explode and to see Sami having a meltdown when she'd find out.
  3. MandieBlanchard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Ej and Abigail? Are you guys high on life...Abby the little self-righteous annoying girl blew a gasket simply because Chad told NOT her..But Cameron a lie...Abby went postal...How would she manage with Ej daily schemes, lies, manipulation...Yet I would love to see Jen's head twists back to front and swallow hard on that news!
  4. Poirot Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Ah, but Abby thinks EJ is not the "bad" guy that he pretends to be. So, she would look at him with different eyes than others do.
    And who knows, maybe he would act different with her. And maybe there is not going to be any sort of romantic thing, just a good friendship.

I really would hate to have a relationship start up, and then excuses about him being a changed man, or that someone provoked him, blah, blah. Heard enough of that from Sami.

But it would be nice to see Jen go ballistic over her perfect daughter's antics. Ha.
  5. lovin_safe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I like the idea, because it would be something new, different, junior/Sami have been dancing around this SL for seven years and nothing has changed, it would be a breathe of fresh air. And DAYS needs a shot in the arm! Maybe if junior was with someone besides Sami, he could change and be a better man, stranger things have happened.
  6. BigEasyFF Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    If they stick with the Jack Deveraux angle, viewing EJ through a prism of Jack's background and character flaws and strengths, etc., it would be a character defining and positive thing for EJ as a character. He's been ill-defined for the seven plus years he's been canvas due to the frequent change of writers and their preference for one version of EJ over another depending on what they were doing with Sami at the time.

Jack Deveraux is a popular complicated character even now when off canvas. They couldn't have picked a better choice if they finally wanted to do something definitive with EJ.

Same for Abby. If Jack's daughter emerges and takes precedence over this version of Jennifer's daughter, then that's a positive too. I could root for each of these characters finally coming into their own as stand alone characters with this relationship as the catalyst to those changes or at the least, a venue to see what's already there underneath. Then, they could actually be viable in a relationship with each other (eventually). If this is what they are going for, I'm on board. If it's just mere titillation and shock value, then I'll give it the attention it merits.

Anyway, I think it's going to be sort of one sided for the present though. EJ's busy elsewhere for the foreseeable future (which with this show might be about six months. lol)
    Daysdegrassi and lovin_safe appreciate this.
  7. susala Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Any attempt to "change" EJ, and forgive his past, couldn't even be considered until he took responsibility for and paid the consequences for his many crimes. Even then, I consider him to be a borderline personality sociopath...and they don't change their spots too readily.
  8. MandieBlanchard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Aside from playing Manchurian Candidate with ex-wife hubby...I don't want Ej to change...He is a liar, con,schemer, dirty scoundrel a *bleep* and I like JUST like that...I just want him to OWN it
    Daysdegrassi, No1_ILoveLucyFan and BigEasyFF appreciate this.
  9. SarahBeth Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    The only ill defining is that tptb have tried to make him a leading man in the love department and even when they go "lock, stock and barrel" with that he still continues to be the evil, lying, manipulative ratbastage he has always been regardless of what they are doing with Sami at any given time.
  10. BigEasyFF Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    ^Well, but that's exactly what Jack did. If they use him to evolve EJ (and he like any character needs to evolve and change believably overtime), then he'll finally do that. Jack had to face what a monster he was and begin the long climb up. Now that was some stellar writing, but if EJ's finally allowed to lose and hit rock bottom, I could see that as an arc that would give some of us what we'd have liked to have seen years ago. As a former Lucas and Sami fan (I don't want Sami anywhere near Lucas now), I have had many bones to pick with EJ and hated the slanted writing where a favorite and a vet was made to lose repeatedly and look like a loser. Nevertheless, I would like to watch the show so I don't have to shake my fist at my TV every time he/she appears. lol Not that it's that bad, but I don't enjoy watching him (and not just because of his being with Sami). I just don't like villains who don't lose or pay for anything.

Anything plausible or believable that might change that, I'd be in favor of. I'd really like to enjoy the show more.

ETA: This was in response to Mandie's post.

edited to write out Lucas and Sami names...combo names are not used on this board....JS
    Daysdegrassi appreciates this.
  11. A. Guy Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Noooooo! I love Abby; EJ would only be using her to punish the love of his life. And, I suspect Jennifer would bring considerable violence to the party. She could not tolerate a prison wardrobe.
  12. BigEasyFF Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Oh, I agree. They should ideally leave him a villain with maybe changing mistresses on the side but without all this love stuff. But that will never happen.
  13. SarahBeth Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    They should have had him thanking his lucky stars that he found a woman who accepted his closet full of mafia skeletons and was still so loyal she stole his child away from someone hiding her identity so he could raise her. Nicole was truly his better half. Now I'm glad she has rid herself of him.
    Daysdegrassi, ASpotAbove, Puddle Duck and 6 others appreciate this.
  14. MandieBlanchard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Silly me I didn't know Ej had a love of his life...who is the love of EJ's life....Ej claimed to love Sami...He protested that Nicole was the love of his life...Junior then met the dimwit Taylor and then he started sniffing scarf and declared that Taylor was the woman he was BORN to be with...He went back to Nicole and said she was the love of his life AGAIN and now he is with Sami and she is the Femme de sa vie ..Please!
  15. Just Samantha Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    The love of EJ's life is the reflection he sees in the mirror.
    Daysdegrassi, Jnta, No1_ILoveLucyFan and 15 others appreciate this.
  16. Poirot Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    In comparison to EJ, Jack is a saint.....and nothing, absolutely nothing that Jack did could come close to the evil perpetrated on others, especially Sami, by EJ DiMera.
    Jack agonized over what he had done, he writhdrew into himself, he kept friends at a distance. Even the woman with whom he was in love.

EJ cannot begin to atone. But one thing he could do would be to confess all, everything and I do mean everything, to Samanther. The things he did she knows about, the things he did she doesn't know about. And I do mean full and complete. No sidestepping. No coloring. No excuses.

EJ really needs to take a long hard look at himself, and how he has lived his life. When he does, if he can accept this is who he is....then that is who he is. If he is repulsed by what he has become, then his road to redemption is going to be more than a 12 step program.

He will have to go against his father, and let the chips fall where they may. He needs to move out, and let the old man stew in what he has made of his family. Let EJ then go back into a law practice, let him start up some business, let him flip burgers, go back to racing. whatever.
    But if EJ wants to remain the man he has been all this while, then so be it. Embrace it, accept it, and don't pretend you are something you are not.
    Abby is young, and is impressed that EJ took the time to read her father's book. But she needs to delve a bit deeper into that psyche of his.
    Daysdegrassi, Soaphead, KathyLu and 4 others appreciate this.
  17. MandieBlanchard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    The Love of EJ's life is Stefano...After all Daddy did get on his knees and made him beg and grovel like a small boy and demanded him to kiss his ring!
  18. missharleyquinn Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I can see Abigail thinking she's falling for EJ, and I can see EJ eating her attention up. Right now, EJ is terribly insecure in his "relationship" with Sami, and Abigail can obviously make him feel good about himself. Whether an actual relationship could transpire, I'm not sure. I'm in it mostly to see Jennifer and Sami get mad. I don't care enough about Abigail anymore to not want her with the likes of Evil Junior. I do think if the writers really wanted to place the time and effort into it, those two could develop into a rootable couple, though.
  19. Heather4CU Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I'm all for this. I saw this chemistry a long time ago, even before she dated Chad. They had a couple of scenes together last year or the year before. Tons of story here with Jen, the Hortons, Stefano, maybe a Chad recast, etc.

As for Miss Samantha Gene, which would drive her crazier? Seeing EJ with Abigail or seeing Jordan with Rafe? I tend to think it's the latter, especially if Jordan turns out to be bad for Rafe in some way.
    Daysdegrassi and meldrel appreciate this.
  20. KathyLu Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Jack wasn't anyhere near the rotten, lying, scheming, murdering monster that EJ is. Jack had a lot to make up for and had to humble himself to show how sorry he was for his actions, but he did it and became an enduring character, whether he was on the show or not. Jack made up for every rotten thing he ever did...and actually became a better man because of it. I can't ever see EJ doing that.
    Daysdegrassi, meldrel, Heather4CU and 5 others appreciate this.