EJ and Abby? Wha?!?!?!

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
I'm sitting here when I notice the uploaded media labeled "EJ and Abby have sex"... In response, I can only say wha?!?!?!

I know it's been a while, and I understand the stupidity that is SORAS but the last time I had a chance to watch Days, Abby was what... 12 years old?

This is a case where -- for me -- SORAS has resulted in an incredibly creepy situation, or is it just me?

Wayne

Abby is now at least 21 years old...EJ is probably a good 15 years older...yup, was shocking when it first happened. No one saw it coming.

Maybe it just seems like it, since the last time I watched, Abby was being played by the same girl who's now doing "Pretty Little Liars", and still seems like she's about 20 years too young for EJ...

No idea. Oy! All this SORAS and actor swapping gives me such a headache! :)

Abby was back aged a while back and then re-aged to the correct year when Kate Mansi took over the role. But given that EJ is portrayed as much older than Abby, I can see the confusion! LOLOL
That really irritated me! I forget how long they were off screen but then they showed up again and Abby was younger than when they left! It's weird that that character was never SORAS'd.

edited to fix quote....JS

I wonder if Jason47 has compiled a list of recast actors? I remember being very put off when Philip and Belle were aged about a decade each in the late 1990s, in fact I quit watching briefly. I found EJ's less jarring because his family was off-screen (mostly).

Well I compiled a quick list. Of course, it's a guessing game, as ages are NOT usually stated on screen, unless someone graduates high school. EJ's was (not surprisingly) the biggest, about 18 years; but the Banning boys, Sarah Horton, and Philip Kiriakis are close behind.

But to me the most shocking SORAS was Georgia Reed Brady/Chelsea Benson Brady, about the 7th biggest by years, but she was DEAD when she was born!! ONLY IN SALEM...

Strangest SORAS cases: EJ, Belle, and Abby. EJ the largest difference. Belle's (and invisible Brady) were the funny/stupid. Abby aged de-aged and aged again
And don't forget how they SORASed Sami and five years later decided to SORAS her twin to catch up to her!

Back