EJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EJ has been a very bad boy, at times. The Fake Rafe plot may have been his worst crime. But the writers could rehabilitate him with ease, if the viewers were to yearn for EJ's return.

Reactions: YPG
Well, I am not yearning for an EJ return. I'd only take him back as the "real EJ Wells" that EJ DiMera personified as. Because don't get me wrong, I love the actor James Scott (EJ). I love his voice, his looks, his everything. But I absolutely hate the character of EJ DiMera. There is no "rehab" in the world that would make me ever like him. But yeah, bring back James Scott as EJ Wells. I'm all for it.

The Fake Rafe plot may have been [EJ's] worst crime. But the writers could rehabilitate him with ease,
I think murder trumps kidnapping any time. I disagree that the writers could rehabilitate EJ with ease. There are two camps where EJ is concerned and, at this late date, I can't see anyone changing sides no matter what the writers send our way.

Personally, I would take the actor back, as EJ Wells. Memory not intact. He doesn't remember being EJ DiMera. He doesn't remember any of his time with Sami, or Abigail, or any of his disastrous deeds or wrongdoings. He comes back thinking he is a race car driver, he's living in a building she lives in, and she ends up meeting him while he's only got a towel around his waist, and then we start again.

And we DO NOT repeat the nasty parts of their history.

I could go for him playing another character, like a child of Susan and Edmund, although it doesn't seem they ever had any children. But that could be rewritten to say she appeared to have miscarriage, Stefano stole the child and stashed him somewhere.

Frankly, am tired of characters like Stefano & Victor of yore. Don't mind the "goons" doing dirty work, but both guys were involved in so much illegal stuff, it was hard to believe that FBI, CSI, Salem P.D. and private eyes found it so difficult to pin anything on either one......ever. Heck, even Andre got off the hook for all the horrible things he did. (But then, since Tony was impaled with a stake thru his heart, guessing this was the attempt to sort of get Tony back. :)

We all have our opinions but I loved Stefano and would like to see Victor go back to being himself. To me that's part of keeping soap operas interesting. I like the love and romance but I also like a little evil and a little comedy. Just my opinion.

Well, I loved the actor, thought he did a wonderful job portraying Stefano, but, I just don't want to see people held in chains, tortured, kept in cages, their memories purposely removed and replaced with someone else's memories, etc. And that is the sort of man Stefano was when younger.

So, yes, we all have opinions, and I guess there are plenty of those who would like a return to those kinds of things. Not me. But again, depends on the actor being able to pull it off.

You have a point! Any future Stefano/Victor-like characters could be a bit less evil in their behaviors.

@soapkitty, If tptb really wanted a Stefano look-alike, they could probably find one. :) Looks first, voice second, and then, acting lessons. But, I doubt that they would have the budget for such a thing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was talking about the way Joe Mascolo portrayed Stefano and made the character his . I realize they could hire someone to be "Stefano" in name, but nobody no one will be the same character that Joe portrayed. To me, those shoes are way too big to fill. Only my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back