Eric and Jennifer as a couple.

Do you want to see a romance develop between Eric and Jennifer?

• Yes

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
As of today's show, it looks like this is where TPTB are headed. I really don't want to see this happen. To me, they are such an unlikely couple. Jennifer (1976) is only eight years older than Eric (1984), but it seems to me that she is old enough to be his mother. I didn't look up the actual dates of birth of the actors because this post is no reflection on either actress (age or looks), but I feel the same way about the coupling of Lucas and Adrienne. I think it's because it seems that Jennifer and Adrienne were on the show l-o-n-g before Lucas and Eric came on the scene. At any rate, I'm not at all for this pairing.

How about you?

Last edited:
I said yes!! I said yes only because if Jennifer gets with Eric and falls in love or plans to marry, then soap law dictates that they will bring back her ex-husband who was presumed dead!!!!! (chants Jack Jack Jack)

She'd be 8 years older.
According to SoapCentral Who's Who in Salem, Eric's birth year changed from 1984 to 1977 (probably when Sami came back SORAS'ed in 1993), so that would make Jennifer only 1 year older than him.

I always wanted Eric and Nicole to be together, but she has been annoying over the past year staying with Deimos when she knew he was no good and the excessive mourning for Daniel, so I can wait awhile for them to get together until she gets her life back in order. In the meantime, I was actually surprised last year when Eric and Jennifer paired up with how good they were together that I am fine with seeing where it goes with him. I also want Jack back for Jennifer, but right now she and Eric are lonely and need each other.

Yes, I do.

Sure, I'd like Eric and Nicole to eventually be together, but Nicole is a hot mess right now and I want her completely exercised of all this Daniel is my Soulmate dreck first. Plus, she bounced from Daniel to Deimos and appears to now be heading straight towards Brady which makes no sense to me - she can't spend all day crying and moaning about Dead Daniel and bang on about being his eternal widow AND be in a meaningful relationship with someone alive. Deal with the grief first.

And I don't want Eric being all morose hanging around waiting for Nicole. He's an interesting character when he's not being Eyore. If being with Jennifer for a while makes him happy/helps him heal and as a bonus annoys Nicole then yep, I'm for it.

As for Jennifer, why shouldn't she see some action? Jack is dead (really dead this time it seems, since he's come back as a ghost) and has been for a while now. Good for her.

So yeah, I'm good with Jen/Eric. Perhaps not forever, but for now, its probably the best thing on this show. They have chemistry in my opinion, the story is interesting, and both actors can actually act.

I always wanted Eric and Nicole to be together, but she has been annoying over the past year staying with Deimos when she knew he was no good and the excessive mourning for Daniel, so I can wait awhile for them to get together until she gets her life back in order. In the meantime, I was actually surprised last year when Eric and Jennifer paired up with how good they were together that I am fine with seeing where it goes with him. I also want Jack back for Jennifer, but right now she and Eric are lonely and need each other.

Sure, I'd like Eric and Nicole to eventually be together, but Nicole is a hot mess right now and I want her completely exercised of all this Daniel is my Soulmate dreck first. Plus, she bounced from Daniel to Deimos and appears to now be heading straight towards Brady which makes no sense to me - she can't spend all day crying and moaning about Dead Daniel and bang on about being his eternal widow AND be in a meaningful relationship with someone alive. Deal with the grief first.

Pretty much how I feel as well.

According to SoapCentral Who's Who in Salem, Eric's birth year changed from 1984 to 1977 (probably when Sami came back SORAS'ed in 1993), so that would make Jennifer only 1 year older than him.
Yes, "now" they are close in age because of SORASing. But Jennifer was a full-blown teenager (nearly ready to graduate high school) in 1985, which means her birth year would've had to have been back-dated to about 1967-1969 to match up with that age. On-screen, she was 17-18 when Eric and Sami were toddlers.

jennglenn.gif
5100b75540e9f9fd9fa4e44703b48b20.jpg

LOL, yes, and that is the problem with the SORASing. Marlena & Roman, the parents of twins Sami & Eric, did not even know each other in '77.

It is always hard to think of Sami as a grandmother, but, yep, she is.

But I do remember Jennifer being that older teen when Sami & Eric were toddlers.

It is like right now.....We have teen Joey, toddler Ari, baby Holly; teens Ciara & Claire, babies Thomas & Tate.

Back