SPOILER !! Eric Martsolf (Brady)/Jen Lilley (Theresa) in NY today

Heather4CU

Reaction score
I attended the fan meet/greet with Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) and Eric Martsolf (Brady) on Long Island, NY today. I've never been to one of these before other than for athletes so I didn't know what to expect. It was a 3 hour event held at a local hotel.

The first 20-30 minutes or so were fans arriving and getting food and seats. Everyone had a seat. The room was set up classroom style. I was amazed at how many fans traveled to NY just for this event. We were also given a photo of each actor for autographs. Then Jen and Eric came in and basically did a question/answer session for 90 minutes.

Now I'm not a fan of the Brady/Theresa pairing but Jen and Eric are a hoot. You can tell they are good friends and both are very funny. They a also good imitators. He imitated Drake Hogestyn (John) and Joe Mascolo (Stefano) while she imitated John Aniston (Victor). They also look exactly like they do on TV. She was even wearing something from Theresa's wardrobe.

I put this in Crystal Ball because some spoilers came out of this. These were things said by Jen and Eric.

--She said that Jeannie T DOES NOT die and her exit is "brilliant". She also kept repeating that she can return at any time. I took this to mean that her exit is not permanent. Just my opinion.

--Shane and Kim's return to Salem has nothing to do with Jeannie T's exit.

--They've gone through about 3 different iterations of Tate twins in the past few months and the most recent set started a couple days before Jen finished taping.

--Someone asked about Brady and Nicole and he joked that producers won't put them together because he and Ari Zucker (Nicole) have too much of a brother/sister relationship and joke around too much meaning no romantic chemistry. I beg to differ. Anyway, they then also joked about Brady potentially moving on to Nicole once Jeannie T exits.

--I asked about Chloe and whether we can expect Brady and Chloe to try again. He said he and Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) were just discussing that and he taped scenes with her a couple days ago. Said to stay tuned.

--Meredith Scott Lynn (Anne) was taping yesterday and has been taping a lot lately. The reason for her absence is because she has been focused on her book publishing company. Jen said she is part of it as well.

--Lots of praise for Marie Wilson (Summer), Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden), John Aniston (Victor), Joe Mascolo (Stefano)

--He spoke about Aiden a bit and was very careful to speak in the present tense

--They both praised Marci Miller (new Abby) although Jen only overlapped with her by 2-3 days

--John Aniston (Victor) is in a lot of pain regularly but is still a trooper

--Re: Joe Mascolo (Stefano) every time they think he is home he pops back up again. They seemed in awe of him. Eric mentioned him being 90.

--Jeannie T last airs in late November

I also asked Jen why her character was ranamed Theresa and she immediately agreed it was ridiculous. She also said her real name is Jeannie Caroline? I didn't know the Caroline part. She wasn't entirely sure of the reason but thinks it was because she came back secretively. I had some fun talking to her about this later on too.

They both spoke about the taping schedule and complained about it for the same reasons we all do. It's hard to react, hard to do interviews, etc. Eric actually brought it up at least 3 times so I'm guessing this is a sore spot for many of the actors. Someone asked about the writers and they said they really don't have much to do with them. I found that interesting because we've heard from other actors who've said otherwise.

Outside of Days, Eric lives in Las Vegas now and commutes to Burbank. His wife recently opened a Cardio Barre location so he is helping with that. She supported his career for a long time so this is his way of paying her back. Jen and husband are getting certified to be foster parents. She also booked a new series on PureFlix. And she is working on her music. She just got her voice back after having lost it for 3 weeks.

After the question/answer session, I went up and met them and got photos and autographs. Both are sweethearts. I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did. The event was put on by Reach for the Stars and I thought they did a great job. I didn't feel rushed at all and it felt very intimate. I would definitely go to something like this again.

I also met our own @ASpotAbove who was there volunteering. Here are some photos. Hope you enjoy. By the way, that is her natural hair color.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Did Jen Lilley (Theresa) happen to mention exactly when she would be leaving? Or rather, when the character of Jeannie T. would be leaving?

I'm THRILLED she's not dying. I hope she is just gonna take a break and/or make an appearance from time to time. Thank you for this news. I can relax a bit. lol

Did Jen Lilley (Theresa) happen to mention exactly when she would be leaving? Or rather, when the character of Jeannie T. would be leaving?

Yes late November and she only overlapped with Marci Miller (new Abby) by a couple days so I'm guessing we won't see Abby again until November either. That confirms what Marci said in her tweet last week as well.

I definitely got the impression from Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) that this was a temporary departure and that it may not even be entirely within her control. SPECULATION ONLY.

Back