Eve

She also has great chemistry with both Justin and Eduardo. That would have been a much more enjoyable triangle than watching Kate chase after Eduardo. They could have also written a Georgia-type story for her and Eduardo where they discover a long lost kid they thought they'd lost.

Kassie DePaiva is a wonderful actress, and has a beautiful voice. It is a shame the previous writing team gave her character, Eve, such a horrible story, certainly not taking advantage of what they had. But then, that was their M.O. with other terrific actors they had.

I really disliked Eve, the things she did to Paige and others were terrible but she acted it well or I wouldn't have disliked her so much. She's been more tolerable since Paige's death but it's hard to get the past grossness out of my mind. It's hard when they write someone to be so horrible and then flip on a dime and start writing them like we should care about them.

It's too bad she's leaving now just when she's maybe starting to grow on people, it would have made more sense to me for her to have left right after Paige's funeral. She would have left as someone people didn't like because she was horrible but in a bang because her acting when Paige was killed was great. You really felt her pain. But now it just seems unfinished to have kept her around and started this storyline with Claire just to abruptly leave.

Sad because there could be so many ways to take her character, but with a bloated cast, I think we need to expect more of this. She was a nice fit with Justin. I had hoped to see more of Patsy Pease (Kimberly) with Eve and Theresa around. I kind of can't blame the new writers to want to clean up to write their own stories. However, I think it's been unfair to the fans over the last few years to have us get invested in characters and stories and then have them chopped off at the knees.:cry:because of so many writer changes.

I have liked the actress since she came on the show, but the character was written so horribly during the last writing regime that I almost gave up hope on them redeeming Eve. However, her interaction with Theresa has always been enjoyable. I was not sure how I would react to her being paired up with Justin because I loved Justin and Adrienne together, but I must say I really enjoyed Justin and Eve together, just as I was pleasantly surprised by how well Adrienne and Lucas worked together. This is actually a case where I could see Justin and Adrienne moving on from each other and remain friends, which would still give Eve a story with Justin and she even had work lined up as a singing coach and mentoring Claire.

I really hope they bring Kassie DePaiva back as Eve at some point, even if it is in a recurring role.

I honestly don't think she should have been cast as Eve. It's not like they had her interacting with the Brady family at all. She could have been an ex of Clyde's and then still had Paige with Eddie. And she also could have been a rival of Jennifer's too.

I wish the actress much luck.

I think the initial idea was because they wanted a character tied in some way to a Salemite, and picked Jennifer in order for Jen to have something. I know they had her with the throat problem so she could interact with Daniel, but be unable to sing (most folks know how well she can do so) but that "rivalry, book money" idea just did not go over well, they ended it.....and then really did not know what to do with her except the Mrs. Robinson thing with JJ.

Eve would have had a better storyline if Jack came back from the dead after all these years. The dialog would be perfect since the two of them hated each other and were married. Yet another thing we were jipped.

There really isn't much to do with Eve currently in the storyline. Her and Justin aren't working out. Though yeah, I kind of agree, Eve probably should not have been cast. I could have taken Paige's mother as a brand new character than the unfamiliar Eve.

I could have taken Paige's mother as a brand new character than the unfamiliar Eve.
Especially since they had Eve and Paige in their own little bubble and never interacting with the Brady family. The Bradys, Eve's step-family, always treated her well in the past. And it was obvious Paige was close to Kimberly, even calling her "Grandma".

Back