Evidence that her story doesn't matter to many

SarahBeth

Reaction score
It's been what, two weeks since Jordan finally said "it was rape" to Clyde? Yes, there has been speculation here and there up till now. But since the reveal nobody here has started a thread about it.

Today though may change things since Kate's involvement with bringing Clyde to town is out. But for me it's interesting because of Kate and Clyde.

I'm ticked that tptb decided to make this a rape story. I think there could have been great drama if it were just Clyde being a child beater but truly trying to make amends.

It's a shame that tptb decided to change directions and write next to nothing for so long that the audience is disinterested in the character. Really at this point there's nobody to root for in the story.

I hope Kate gets what is coming to her and then some. I'm tired of her getting away with everything with no consequences. I want Stefano to come back and take her to town too. Let Roman be the only person who still believes in her and turn it into a love story for them.

My issue with Jordan is not only that the reveal took so long but also that I don't feel her emotion at all. For me to empathize with a character, I need to somewhat feel for them and with her I just don't. Though I do hope she goes after Kate.

I also think the issue was her and Rafe. They just are not believable as a couple--no chemistry and based on Rafe's history, it makes no sense he would fall so hard for someone he STILL knows nothing about. Chad knows more about her than Rafe does.

Yeah, I think the rape reveal was predictable. Put that together with no chemistry with Jordan and Rafe and the amount of time it took for the reveal makes a recipe for "I don't care". I hated Rafe and Kate but when Jordan and Rafe were together I was rooting for Rafe and Kate. I don't find the character interesting at all and I don't remember ever thinking she was. It just doesn't work when a "mystery character with a secret past" is not very interesting. I don't blame the actress, I'm sure she's a fine actress, it was totally the material.

It really is a shame, because.....well, look at Anne. There is a character who was to only be on a few days, who has a mouth on her, lol. We really don't know much at all about Anne, her background, etc. but.....she is really an interesting character. Great delivery, can talk a mile a minute. She has not been paired with any guy, no romances or hopping in bed instantly, etc. And yet, she manages to be involved here and there in various hospital stories, no matter the fact that the head of the H.R. dept. just would not be as involved as she is, nor as often at the nurses' station, in patients' rooms, etc.

Much more interesting a character than Jordan....or Paige.....or even Eve at this point.
I don't know why the writers have failed to write for Jordan, they had to know her strengths, her work on other shows. And yet, they really dropped the ball when it came to this character.

I think Jordan would have been a lot more interesting if she actually were a bad character or a hybrid of one like Sami turned out to be. Give her a few more skeletons in the closet but make her human as well unlike Jeannie and Eve who are just downright evil. I think that would have made her and Rafe more interesting but I still don't think they had much chemistry. That is why fans seem to like or tolerate Jordan with Chad as well. You've got a seemingly good girl with a mysterious yet bad guy.

I agree about Anne too. She is also somewhat guy crazy as we know she lusts after Paul so we know she is single. I do think the show dropped the ball by not making Paige her daughter or her niece. That would have helped develop both characters and make them more interesting to the viewer.

I don't think Chrishell Stause (Jordan) will be a huge Days fan anymore.

I don't know what's going on backstage but this whole storyline reeks of background maneuvering.

You can't complain about the actress being boring when they have given her the most badly paced repetitive drivel to work with.

I'm hugely disappointed. She deserved better. (that said, no one on the show is getting better; see John, Nicole, Brady, etc.)

edited to add actress' last name and character name....please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters....JS

I don't think anyone has said the actress is boring. It is the character.....and in many threads here, the blame for that, as well as the boring stories, destruction of vet characters, has been put squarely where it belongs. ON the writers.They are responsible for dragging stories out, repetitive dialogue, not moving things along, silly or boring filler scenes to fill time.
Another thing that seems to be going on.....Lots of short little scenes, going all over the the place. Either they are trying to convince the viewers they are doing "umbrella" story, or their editors are having a field day cutting up the film and inserting it here and there.

:OT: but relevant.......Just read how John Ford quite often filmed his movies in continuity. Purposely. He said if you film out of order, give them a lot of "extra" film, they will cut things out, move scenes around, make nonsense of the story. So he did not leave room for that.:back:

If Days films so far in advance, they would be wise to film a whole scene, don't leave the space to chop the scene into 3 or 4 pieces to be inserted throughout the 38 minutes of actual show. At least we would have continuity. Instead of having two characters talking in the club, and suddently one is in the park, the other still in the club, talking to someone else, and one thinks, "what did I miss"? What happened?

Poirot--I could be wrong, but I think Anna&Tony's "boring actress" comment pertained to how some viewers think that the actress looks bored or has the same expression on her face a lot of the time, not so much that her abilities are bad.

But yes, I agree with you. It's the writers who are to blame for Jordan's boring storyline.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again, I knew he had raped her and that Kate, of all people, should be kicked hard in the butt for bringing this type of man back into Jordan's life. Kate was abused by Curtis; she should have picked up on that right away. Unless tptb want us to believe that Kate is lower than a snake's belly and wanted it that way.

So then, the fact that Kate intended to Kill Chloe, and tried her darndest to do so doesn't make her lower than a snake's belly? Kate was physically abused by Curtis, probably emotionally as well, yes. Kate had an affair, got pregnant and ended up leaving town, and becoming a prostitute. During that time, and later on, Kate did a lot of terrible things. Yes, Kate has gone on hard times, but....she still is definitely not a good person.
But, she really doesn't know how Clyde beat the children, or that Jordan claims he raped her. I will agree that it was not like Kate not to be try and find out why the kids were on the run, etc. THAT is very unusual. But then, right now, we don't know if Kate is actually on to Clyde, and is playing him.
However, Kate was (in the past) blinded by her attraction to Rafe, and her fear that the much younger Jordan was a threat, so she was just determined to get her out of the picture, and did not care about the consequences.

Kate and Abby tramping it up ...Maybe its a contest. How many guys in 2014. :)

I'm thinking the show is waiting on something...can't say since this is not a spoiler thread.

Oh, I think Abby has the title and will continue to earn it in the coming months. I think that Abby would cheat with Chad if they were put in the right place at the wrong time.

But now that Melanie is back, who knows? Maybe Chad will have a fling with Abby and just after that he and Melanie get back together. Then Chad will be like "Jordan who?"

I've wondered if Ben is gonna blow up and end up putting Abby in danger and Chad basically rescues her. Then wham bam, Abby and Chad get it on.

:clap::clap:

Other than Hope & Aiden, Days just isn't entertaining. And while the Paul thing shows some promise, I'd rather see Will and Sonny stick out their issues and go to couple's counseling than just go the predictable route of another cheating/third party storyline.

Back