SPOILER !! Exit confirmed by Soap Opera Digest

Jason47

Reaction score
Soap Opera Digest confirms Daniel Cosgrove's (Aiden) exit.

The upcoming exit that has been teased recently by Jason47 and other websites has been confirmed in the new issue of Soap Opera Digest: Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) will be making his exit in the near future.

Farewell to Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden), a fine actor whose once-promising Aiden character was thrown under the bus by the writers. Not only was Aiden written as a thorough sleaze, but he was painted into a corner by the absurd blackmail scheme against Hope. There was no way the viewers would believe that Hope would ever succumb to such a plot, which left the Aiden character lying in the ditch as road kill. Of course, Mr. Cosgrove has plenty of company. The writers also totally wasted Kassie DePaiva (Eve), True O'Brien (Paige), and Melissa Archer (Serena).

From what I read, he has some type of epiphany and realizes what kind of man he's become. He doesn't like it and decides to go back to Chase and start over. Sounds like a rather rushed exit but at least the door is open for his return and it sounds like they somewhat try to redeem him before he goes. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Stefano stuff.

I hope not. I know Joe Mascolo wanted Stefano dead, he was done, and did not want to be called every now and then for "just a short scene". They could have just let Stefano die, but the writers at the time evidently thought Salem could not be without a nasty DiMera around.

Heck, Orpheus definitely would make a good villain, but perhaps, right now, they have no way of making Orpheus able to exist in Salem without being in jail.

I'm glad he's leaving. He's played the part well and so no disrespect to the actor. Where Clyde and Andre are criminals and at least have something to do, Aiden is just mean with boring dialogue and a nonsense storyline. If and when he does come back, he can be redeemed and be done with his Hope obsession. I am so glad he's not being killed off and instead heads to be with his son.

Heck, Orpheus definitely would make a good villain, but perhaps, right now, they have no way of making Orpheus able to exist in Salem without being in jail.
Agree, the writers missed the boat with Orpheus, just as they did with Eve, Serena, Paige, and Aiden. Assuming the actor who plays Orpheus was available long-term, his previous crimes could have been wiped away due to temporary insanity, and he then returns to Salem as an apparently-honest, sophisticated, and wealthy businessman whose real goal is to wage a long-running Stefano-like vendetta against John, Marlena, Steve, etc. If the writers had still wanted a mayhem-in-Salem plot, Xander and Clyde (aided by Jeremiah and other Poplar Bluff criminals) could have easily filled the bill.

I disliked the character but Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) is such a great actor he played that role very well from likeable to slimey and slithering real well! Well done and great portrayal to him!

So looks like Hope may not go to jail after all. How interesting because there were spoilers of a women's jail set and female inmate.

Since Hope may just get away from going to jail, a good speculation is that it could be for Anna in jail since we know she'll be in legal trouble needing Carrie's help.

I too, thought Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) was a good actor, but his character has outlived his welcome in Salem. I would like to see more of a developing relationship with Hope and Rafe. Perhaps give them adventures together, where no one has to lie to the other.

Back