SPOILER !! Exit confirmed by Soap Opera Digest

Galen Gering said:
Galen Gering’s grateful that fans have been so receptive to the Hope and Rafe pairing.
I've seen maybe a dozen people who like them, and maybe twice as many who don't hate them. I wouldn't call that "so receptive." But oh well. If the camping/family scenes Galen Gering (Rafe) talks about are well done, I just might warm to this illogical and overexposed couple.

The trouble is there can be those dozen or so who really hate the pairing, but are very vocal everywhere saying it, making nasty remarks, etc. which leads others to think perhaps there are more than they thought.

The official Days Twitter account continues to retweet Rafe/Hope stuff from the exact same fan account. Said fan account does not have a strong following either.

The show needs to learn that just because a character is single, it doesn't mean they have to be forced together romantically with another single character. It's ok to stay single for a while. We've seen it repeatedly this past year with Rafe/Hope, Lucas/Adrienne, Nicole/Deimos, etc.

The trouble is there can be those dozen or so who really hate the pairing, but are very vocal everywhere saying it, making nasty remarks, etc. which leads others to think perhaps there are more than they thought.
Good point. But I wasn't even talking about people who dislike them. I just haven't seen the groundswell of support that the show's media/PR always reports. (By contrast, there have been other couples that I don't like, but that I could see were good for the show because they had a lot of support. Walkbys, twitter, facebook, soap sites, etc.) I have not seen this with Rafe/Hope.

Honestly, I would like to see it, because it would make me feel better about the show's direction and 6-9 month timelag.

I read how he leaves this week. He just up and decides he was wrong and leaves, how stupid! They never should have brought him back in the first place. First they ruin Chase, then they ruin Aiden. These writers are really ruining this show. The one good thing I read is Hope is exposed for killing Stefano but she, Rafe and Roman will get away with it.

I would like to see Rafe and Hope together. He is good with Ciara and Hope needs help with her. He can offer a male perspective. I think the pairing will wane naturally without them being forced apart. Something new will come along and each will move on, but for now, they are okay together.

I am disappointed with what they did with Aiden's character. They had a good thing going with a good actor until the stupid plan to kill Hope. And then, they actually were *this close* to "fixing" that mess and bringing him back! Until they didn't. It's really too bad that an actor like Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) got such a poor - and long, bumpy, stupid, never-ending - ending. Oh well, wishing him well in future endeavors!

Last edited by a moderator:
That was interesting, reading his take on Aiden and his return, dealing with 3 and 1/2 different writing teams......(am guessing the 1/2 refers to Josh Griffith) , as we all know there has been a revolving door of writing teams at Days the past few years. Have said before that the constant change has wreaked havoc with many of the characters. Also find it interesting his reference to the actors/characters who just come and go (meaning the shorter stays, I assume).

Back