Father Eric Brady!

Discussion in 'Daily Days' started by MandieBlanchard, May 7, 2013.

1. MandieBlanchard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Eric's character is very dull, boring and uninteresting...I am guessing is because we have yet to see him in regular clothing...Tomlin wants to rip up the damn collar off of him,he just doesn't know now.I am guessing he is now realizing what a colossal mistake he made by making him a priest to begin with.
    I don't want Nicole and Eric together..Nicole is a fiesty woman and Eric will turn her into a stepford wife.
    jgk and Daysdegrassi appreciate this.
  2. Daysdegrassi Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Meh, they're OK. I still am convinced that Nicole and Rafe, given the opportunity, could be the newest supercouple of Days of Our Lives.
    ktspirit, Footballmum, susala and 3 others appreciate this.
  3. MandieBlanchard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I like Nicole and Rafe as friend...I suspect that Rafe is still very much in love with Sami..So I don't want Nicole to fall for him,like she did with Daniel only to be kick to the side when Sami rears her head back into Rafe's orbit.
    Remember how fast Daniel dropped Nicole for boring Jen, and sent Nicole into psycho mode
    Miselemeas, Pa Gal and SarahBeth appreciate this.
  4. Daysdegrassi Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    But when Rafe's with other women and still loves Sami, he doesn't go back to her (i.e., Carrie). I think they would genuinely fall in love and Rafe would be like "Sami who?"

He's over her, after how she treated Gabi.
    susala appreciates this.
  5. Anna&Tony Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I don't want Nicole involved with anyone who has the slightest option of tossing her over for Sami.
    And I'm still a bit miffed at all the times Rafe was hideous to her based on Sami's version of things.
    Also leaving her alone at the hospital (with EJ circling around) after the loss of the baby to go party with Sami was not his finest hour.
    If my friend has just had a miscarriage I'm not heading home with some trollope ex wife or not.
    I think its good that Rafe is starting to see the light but I'm not ready to trust him with Nicole's heart.

So my only options seem to be Eric, Brady (although maybe technically not), Roman, Shawn Douglas, and Bo or Will.
    MandieBlanchard appreciates this.
  6. Daysdegrassi Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Nicole was also nasty to Rafe based on EJ's version of things. But that's in the past and they're best friends. Rafe stayed by Nicole's side. He went home and started mourning, even. I do agree that the almost-grief-sex with Sami was atrocious writing, but he was there for Nicole, and comforted her upon the reveal of her scheme against Jennifer.

Speaking of Will, I used to want him with Nicole back in the day, before he was written as gay. His scenes with Ari Zucker (Nicole) are magic!
    chateaurew appreciates this.
  7. missharleyquinn Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Rafe is not over Sami, he just has a distraction in Kate.

And pre-priesthood Eric (then played by Jensen Ackles) with Nicole, I loved. I want that back.
  8. Poirot Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Father Eric changed his life around after leaving Salem, and, in his opinion, for the good. (And isn't the title of this thread Father Eric?? Not Rafe, or Sami, or Nicole??)
    And, he feels, for the better. It takes a while to get thru the studies required to eventually result in taking the very solemn vows and become a priest. So he has spent a lot of years in prayer and guidance, and has become a good one.
    Frankly, I am disappointed that he does not see more of his parents and twin sister, as priests do so a lot when living in the same town.
    There is nothing wrong with being a good man, with giving good advice and wise council to those who need it, and Salem is full of those who do. There is also nothing wrong with smiling, having a fun lunch or dinner with family and friends, and that is where Father Eric is lacking.

But then, poor Father Eric seems to be tossed into a nest of vipers, and is trying his best not to get bitten. It does not help at all that the writers refuse to involve him into any of the whirpools of problems that have beset his various family members and friends. By that, I mean wherein he is told specifics of the situations/problems. I admired the way he was able to contain himself with Kristen the other day, but...that was her intention. To get him riled up. She is such a witch.
  9. chateaurew Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Indiana wants me...Lord I can't go back there
    You are right Barb. The character of Father Eric has been totally misdirected. He could easily become the backbone of the family and Salem as a whole, but as usual we get a thin layer of the character and he is embroiled in a situation that will lead to nothing but trouble. Showing his "human side" with Nicole is grand but allowing him to refocus and show his conviction to the collar would be far more rewarding, I think.

The sexual tension between Nicole and Eric could always be there....but it doesn't have to be acted upon. That's game over for me. Anyone remember "The Thorn Birds"? (sigh)
    Footballmum, Daysdegrassi, DrBakerFan and 6 others appreciate this.
  10. Days Pretender Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Are you sure little friend, that you are not actually 45, and have been married a couple of times, and had all kinds of experiences..... Sounds so much more experienced..... Back to what your mom and dad call you DD. Ok Old Man... Go for it.... :):rotfl:
    Daysdegrassi appreciates this.
  11. TamiBelle Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Oh me too, I love them in scenes together what a hot couple, because both of them are hot stuff [IMG]
    Miselemeas and Daysdegrassi appreciate this.
  12. TamiBelle Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Little young ain't he for Nicole!
    Miselemeas and Daysdegrassi appreciate this.
  13. TamiBelle Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I want Fr. Eric to remain Fr. Eric!
    Anna&Tony, Poirot and Daysdegrassi appreciate this.
  14. Puddle Duck Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I just read a book by Robyn Carr and the characters were a Minister and a typical tough bad girl who fall in love. In my mind I pictured Nicole and Eric and they were HOT! :D

But I agree with you, Eric is pretty boring right now.
    Daysdegrassi appreciates this.
  15. Daysdegrassi Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I do want to see Eric interact more with his family. It would be more interesting. His scenes with Nicole, at least for now, are dull and repetitive for the most part. Although when he and Nicole argue, they really act their butts off.
    Anna&Tony and Days Pretender appreciate this.
  16. lovelydays Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    i sometimes like eric but his scenes with nikky are pretty dull and boring.
    i would be ok with a nikky/eric pairing later on but i really dont want this current nikky to stay. i want her to drink every once in a while and i dont want her trying to live up to anyone elses standards. thats usually what gets her in trouble in the first place
    Footballmum, Anna&Tony and Daysdegrassi appreciate this.