SPOILER !! February casting reminders

Surgeons actually use the bypass machine during all types of open heart surgery as they need the heart still temporarily in order to work on it:). But yes I was very disappointed Brady didn't have an IV hooked up to him in the hospital. He also never would have have gotten to Eric's on his own. Glad they are at least still portraying him as being weak and needing to sit down versus lie down which would also be unrealistic.

Actually, any heart surgery patient will spend time in an intensive care unit with all type of monitors and IV's hooked up to them. Then when they are stable, they are moved to what is called a step down unit, one lower than intensive care. And they have constant monitoring heart rejection and drugs.

But this is Dr. Dan's heart and he was a super doc. Healed Jennifer and replaced her missing heart and she was up and around in no time, so Brady should be jogging by next week. The only character that didn't make a quick recovery from severe injuries was Rafe. In a coma for months, unable to move for months, physical therapy to aid his learning to walk and use his hands again, months. In that hospital for over 250 days, then moved to a transitional apartment for handicapped more months. Just saying, they never let him drink from the Salem fountain.

I'm looking forward in Dario and Summer coming onto the cast. Lots of storyline possibilities in bring Dario into town. I still have hopes Dario is a love interest for Paul, being ironic both there fathers know each other.

I'd like to see it too but I'm not holding my breath, Eras. Though I imagine this funny conversation.
Friend: "Oh, you guys are dating and your dads are friends? Did they introduce you?"
Paul: "Yeah, they did I guess."
Friend: "So how do your dads know each other?"
Dario: "They went to the same prep school for international assassins."
Friend: "Oh, that's so...er...um...I gotta go."

Actually, any heart surgery patient will spend time in an intensive care unit with all type of monitors and IV's hooked up to them. Then when they are stable, they are moved to what is called a step down unit, one lower than intensive care. And they have constant monitoring heart rejection and drugs.

Nobody is disputing that but a patient can still be mobile with monitors and IVs hooked up to them. In fact, they are encouraged to walk little by little each day to build their strength up. That's why Brady sleeping for 12 hours today was a bit unrealistic. He would be required to walk a bit several times a day at this point in the recovery process.

Back