Four actors out

Lani and Summer were never needed so no loss there. I'm really saddened about Shawn and Belle. Their "story" so far has been terrible and Shawn has yet to have any family scenes with Hope and Ciara since Brandon Beemer took over the role. At the end of the article the writer makes an excellent point about how the merry-go-round of writers over the last number of years has led to very poor use of the various actors they have brought on.

I hate to sound like a broken record but I truly believe a lot of the mess this show has had all goes back to the taping schedule which is all their own doing. :beat:

I was coming here to post this.

Lani had potential, as Abe's daughter, sister for Theo.

Shawn & Belle, as much as I don't like Belle- I think they're good to have around. Especially for Claire, who I assume will live with Hope? Surely she's not leaving too.

Summer is the only one I'm truly thrilled with leaving.

Thank you Jason, you put it more eloquently than I could. That's basically the point I was trying to make. The biggest problem is the production schedule which puts them on too fast of a pace. It's like there is no planning to the writing anymore. It's just "let's keep pumping out scripts, who cares if the story makes sense or the pacing is terrible".

I'm a bit miffed about Belle, Shawn and Lani. All have the potential for good stories. Belle in particular, though she's going through a midlife crisis right now, they've worked into a number of other stories through the legal angle. Shawn, not so much, but I feel like he only just got back. Lani I like, but I think she needs to be recurring rather than contract - I like having familiar cops lower in the ranks rather than randoms standing in.

Summer can go tomorrow, I don't care for her one iota.

I don't really care about Summer and Lani, neither one is a great loss, but I feel like we waited years to get Shawn and Belle back to Salem and now they have been let go. While I have not enjoyed the writing for Belle and missed Shawn not interacting with Hope and Ciara, as legacy characters and as part of the coveted age demographic, I feel that both were needed for the future on the show. Right now Chad and Abby are the only popular younger couple outside of the older supercouples and the show needs to develop other popular couples. I guess Claire will continue to live with John and Marlena without her parents in town.

Back