Four actors out

I also will reiterate my earlier thought that I think it's possible Belle and Shawn may be getting let go to bring back Sami.

Dear Soap Opera Gods, please no! If that happens I'm permanently done with Days. I absolutely despised the Sami/EJ Show. I couldn't live through that again.

Since EJ has changed, I wouldn't mind an all-by-his-lonesome return. He could/would be a kinder/gentler Stefano replacement. And Nicole is, for the time being, at loose ends. :rolleyes:

In my opinion, EJ never changed. He just became very good at hiding what he was up to.

As to the "suits", I am talking of NBC & SONY, who have a lot to say about what goes on. THEY are the ones who insisted on the 5 week hiatus to shorten the time between filming and airing, THEY are the ones trying to cut out scenes, etc.

Now Corday is another matter. I don't think he ever looks at the show, knows what goes on, etc. We see pics at times of cast & crew during filming.......nope, he is not there. Well, he does some of the music stuff, but it is just too obvious from his interviews that while he might know a few things, he really does not have his finger on the pulse of the show.

I wasn't really watching during the Shawn and Belle days so they mean nothing to me but I know many of you waited for this return for a long time. :drunk:I assume that the TPTB know the show is running out of time. They may have this big chart with every character listed, and potential storylines. It seems that they randomly began a bunch of storylines, to see what sticks. This one didn't so let's go pull something else off the chart. I expect to see Fynn gone soon, too. I think they eventually want everyone back at least for a bit before the whole thing folds. :tsk: They have had to make room for the Hernandez clan but I suspect with this writing that will fizz out as well. What more can be done, kidnapping, murder, cheating, mind control, the child I never knew I had. Witness protection, I was in the CIA, Wow just like real life :rotfl:

As far as Sami stealing the DiMera money and giving half to Belle, how crazy. How illegal, LOL! I guess you just take it for what it is.

Well, Fynn won a 3 mos. contract on Days in a contest in Australia. I think the show sort of liked him, and since they were going to exit Daniel, I believe they kept him a bit longer. But who knows? The only other doctor they have is Kayla, since they chose not to put any other Hortons or Bradys into the medical field.

See, I think it would have been better if say...Lani came on as a doctor, rather than a cop, but then, they would not have had her interacting with Daddy, Roman, Rafe, Shawn, would they?

The thing with Belle & Shawn is......Shawn was the one working in a law office (Mickey's) while Belle was into fashion design. Then they went off on the high seas with their baby......and returned, under different writers with different careers, both really just beginning them.

But the writing has been really terrible for them, both had personality changes as well.

What are tptb thinking? They finally bring back Shawn Douglas and Belle and now they get rid of them? They also made them boring, Tinkerbelle has turned into The Wicked Witch, this is not the Shawn I remember. I also don't get the whole Summer thing? Why bring this character only to get rid of her? As for Lani, that's fine, they never did anything with her. They should get rid of Chase, they've already ruined the character and now they are ruining him more for no reason.

Last edited:
The thing with Belle & Shawn is......Shawn was the one working in a law office (Mickey's) while Belle was into fashion design. Then they went off on the high seas with their baby......and returned, under different writers with different careers, both really just beginning them.

But the writing has been really terrible for them, both had personality changes as well.

Basically a repeat of Carrie and Austin's last return. They had new careers as well.

The article says he had a 26 week contract which is unusual as most of them are 13 weeks. My SPECULATION: this is a PR spin to bring him and Martha Madison (Belle) back without admitting they screwed up by firing them. Let's see if we also get an announcement about her return in the near future.

Heck, Shawn had no story from when he first showed up, even when played by Jason Cook. When Brandon Beemer, came on as replacement, exactly WHAT story has he had? NONE. He could just as easily be one of the background extras, Daughter Claire got more airtime than he did, and she is recurring!!!

There was a blind item in Digest I think, about 2 characters who were let go coming back already on some soap. So there is talk this refers to Shawn & Belle, too. Could be others, though.

I saw that blind item and think it is Shawn and Belle. Hence my speculation about a Belle announcement coming too.

It is interesting that characters were on 3 times this past week. I don't think we've seen that at all since November so maybe they are finally writing them into story.

I truly cannot wait til Summer is gone. All soaps have stories which might sound good on paper, but are horrible when put on film. and this certainly joins the story which shall not be named from several years ago. (Even the actors had a thumbs down on that one)

It bugs me no end that Josh Griffith was such a long time viewer and fan of Days, and yet, just was unable to come up with anything but murder & mayhem. Am sure many of us have read fan fiction (get thee to the Writers' Bench for some good stuff) so there are ways to use the characters in positive, entertaining ways.

It pains me that he could only come up with so much pain and misery for most of the Salem community.

Back