Grieving/mourning time on Days...

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bet all have noticed the lack of consistency among those who lost a loved one this past year. Nicole's grieving has been endless, although she did manage to move on, that seems more like a lust thing than a "fall in love" one. Where the heck is Eric? LOL

And then we have Chad who really has been torn up for a few months, finally managed to shake himself off his withdrawal from society, but is suddenly drawn to the first female who came within 10 feet of him. In my opinion......this is too soon for him to be even interested in another female. He needs friends, and it is too sad he has none - at least none who are able to be one to this single father now.

Let's not forget Brady, though, who has suffered an unexpected & huge loss. One he finds it difficult to comprehend. Being Brady, I am expecting him to quickly recover and move forward.

Sonny...he had to leave Salem after Will died.....fill his life with other things as he dealt with the death of his husband, but he has managed to do so. Paul is still around, I have no idea what Sonny's thoughts are. He seems to enjoy Paul being around, but is respecting what he feels is Paul's hookup with someone else.

In the past, various characters have had to deal with the deaths of their spouses or partners. I definitely was not happy with how Jennifer reacted to the death of Jack. I still hold in my heart the thought he is not dead. And a smart writer is going to bring him back!

The Nicole-Daniel stuff is beyond sickening. The show established multiple times since 1997 that Eric was the great love of her life. She and Daniel were hardly even together before he died and those scenes were just as forced as what we are getting with Hope and Rafe now. And Daniel is not even a legacy character yet he gets mentioned more than any legacy character who has died.

The treatment of Will is horrible. Thank goodness Sonny is back or we'd never hear about him. I'm sure Lucas and maybe Marlena will mention him at Christmas but why not Roman, Kate, Jennifer, Belle, Claire, Eric, Brady, his countless cousins? None of these characters batted an eyelash at Will since his funeral.

Same goes for Bo but at least we've gotten some sort of remembrance for him though I'm pretty sure the sibling scenes were cut. And I have a hard time believing Bo Brady would encourage someone else to love his wife before he dies. Relatives looking out for Hope and the kids yes but not another man.

Where are the mentions of Grandpa Shawn Brady and Mickey Horton? It's like they are forgotten even though their spouses are on screen.

I do think they handled Paige's death ok but again she is not a legacy character. And it would be nice if Gabi, Rafe, Dario and Eddie were part of any remembrance for her. The mentions always come from JJ and Eve. Make us care about a new character by tying her to existing characters.

And yes by all means bring back Jack!!!

Let's not forget Brady, though, who has suffered an unexpected & huge loss. One he finds it difficult to comprehend. Being Brady, I am expecting him to quickly recover and move forward.
It wouldn't be surprising if Brady rebounds quickly. After all, by now, he's a bereavement professional.
The Nicole-Daniel stuff is beyond sickening. The show established multiple times since 1997 that Eric was the great love of her life. She and Daniel were hardly even together before he died and those scenes were just as forced as what we are getting with Hope and Rafe now. And Daniel is not even a legacy character yet he gets mentioned more than any legacy character who has died.
Dr. McScruffy may not be a legacy character, but he has accomplished one remarkable feat. Many viewers seem to find him more unbearable since his death than when he was alive. As far as I'm concerned, the hero worship directed at the deceased Love Doctor can't end soon enough.

Back