homemade biscuits?

bookworm

Reaction score
Have family member on low fat, no cholesterol, low salt diet. Person loves homemade biscuits. Says Bisquik is not homemade! Does anyone have a receipe that I can use for Thanksgiving???

LOL, Bisquick, to me, is definitely homemade, love them, but understand if the ingredients would not work for someone on special diet.

Hard to make biscuits low fat and low cholesterol. Aren't the primary ingredients buttermilk, butter, flour and salt?

You can always use herbs in place of salt. For soups and stews with herbs, tomato sauce will always work. I like the one with basil in it. YUMMY

Last edited by a moderator:
Had tried Bing for recipes. Got lists galore. Went to Google, found two I want to try. Have used Heart Smart Bisquik, but it seems bland. So I hope I can find something. Have family coming for Thanksgiving. Thanks everyone!!!!

Bisquick has a lower fat, and sodium version, not too bad. Unfortunately, since my stroke, I have had to find lower type everything too. Buttermilk can be replicated by using the lowest fat milk you can find, and add 2 tablespoons white vinegar to your milk, and allow to sit on counter until it thickens, and will perform similar to buttermilk, use a bit more baking powder and it works well. Gook Luck.

Back