Hope and Jennifer?

Mr. Continuity

Reaction score
Seems like the problem with Days running so many stories at once, characters that should interact don't. It was nice to see Jennifer placed into Hope's storyline last week, but these two who were like sisters hardly have scenes together. While both their lives were falling apart, they should have supported each other. Even when they lived under the same roof, the writers made it look like Jen moved out. I see this happening throughout the show. Perhaps different writers are in charge of separate storylines, but someone needs to tie things together. In my humble opinion.:confused:

The missing Jen/Hope connection bothers me too. I've been saying this for a while now. Instead they've tried to portray Hope and Kayla as best buddies. I'm guessing this is because Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla were 2 of Josh Griffith's favorite couples so he heavily featured them while at the helm. Hope also should have been involved with all of the Abby stuff as well as the Ciara/Chad stuff. It would have been interesting watching her take sides between Jen and Ciara. Huge misse opportunity.

And we've beat this dead horse to death but Hope is rarely in scenes with Shawn, Belle and Claire. When she is the relation is not mentioned or acknowledged. I would have liked to have seen Shawn rescue Hope and Rafe and then visit her in the hospital with his sister. We never get Shawn and Ciara scenes either. Unrealistic given her rape and all the other issues going on. Given yesterday's events, why can't we get a scene with Hope and Marlena discussing Claire? Is that so hard? On the one hand, the show is building Hope as the lead actress but all they give us is scenes with Rafe and Aiden. That's not how you build a lead. Now this is just overkill.

Marlena and Brady is another thing. He used to call her mom. Now he does everything short of calling Maggie mom. I need someone to reverse this and make Brady a member of the Black family again. Give Maggie back her real 2 children instead of everyone else's.

The Hernandez family is extremely isolated aside from Rafe. But even he is in a bubble with just chasing after Hope. That's not the Rafe we know and love. Buying TBD is a start but we never see Eduardo or Dario interacting with TBD guests. So there is no point.

It will be interesting to actually see if there will be a change in this. I could never understand how Griffith, who claimed that Days was his fav soap, he watched it every day, even when working on another show, could have misused the characters on Days the way he did. Or why he felt it necessary to age the teens, and when faced with so many with no experience, still insisted on immediately putting them all front & center, into front burner stories, ones that required more than they were capable of having.

I will say the Chad/Abby story was well done, as was the turning of mild Ben into a sadistic serial killer. But....too much doom & gloom, which was a detriment to the show as a whole.

Ignoring long time relationships, family connections..big fail in my opinion.

Marlena and Brady is another thing. He used to call her mom. Now he does everything short of calling Maggie mom. I need someone to reverse this and make Brady a member of the Black family again. Give Maggie back her real 2 children instead of everyone else's.

:OT: I've always had a beef with Brady flip flopping in calling Marlena mom or Marlena. She may not be his biological mother but she is his mother, raised him, nurtured him, supported him, saved him from himself, etc, etc, etc. It irks me that steps cannot be shown as having a deep family connections with some exceptions such as Carrie and Marlena.

I don't know if it was Santa Barbara or Another World, but at times they put comedy in it. Days has gotten dark these days. Don't get me wrong, I love the drama, but not this off the wall, not making any kind of sense drama. They can leave that alone.

Nicole had some light moments in the past with her dog, Pookie. LOL

See things light that will lighten the load.

Last edited by a moderator:
:OT: I've always had a beef with Brady flip flopping in calling Marlena mom or Marlena. She may not be his biological mother but she is his mother, raised him, nurtured him, supported him, saved him from himself, etc, etc, etc. It irks me that steps cannot be shown as having a deep family connections with some exceptions such as Carrie and Marlena.

Agreed. I think Carrie and Marlena have a deep connection as well but she rightfully calls her Marlena since Anna is still somewhat in the picture and since Marlena raised her from the time she was a kid. Brady was raised by Marlena from infancy.

They probably think they have humor with Victor and his snark, but the problem is Victor has become even more cynical and nasty, especially towards the women on the show, that he has become very tiresome and is no longer funny like he used to be.

She apparently did visit her after surgery. We just never saw the scene.

What was the name of that guy was that crazy doctor's aid? The one that did Stefano's crazy experiments?

Bart, I think that was his name. lol He was the funny one of the show. We need them to bring him back. He's worth bringing back. Yeah, bring back that crazy doc too, and don't give them to Andre. Give them to Victor's brother. Now that would be a good storyline to play with indeed.

edited post for clarity -JS

I'm with you, Tami on Bart, and No Dr. Rolf.........but unfortunately, they ran Bart right thru the middle with a sword or spear, then opened dead Bart up to retrieve a key he had swallowed to protect someone getting it away from Stefano. He really was a fun character...

The actor who portrayed Bart was enormously talented, a wonderful singer, too. I wish they could find a way to revive him!

They don't have problems bringing back other people, since reality of any kind doesn't exist on Days these days.

Back