Hope/Eric

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any spoilers, but am sure some will be noted within this thread, thus it is in Crystal Ball.

I just was thinking that there has to be a reason the writers had it be Eric who found Hope, and is caring for her. They will be having conversations and it will be discussed, how on New Year's Eve, Eric was driving drunk, causing the accident that killed Daniel. And, undoubtedly mentioned along the way, how Brady's life was saved because of being able to have Daniel's heart transplanted.

This just has to lead, in my opinion, to Hope talking of how Chelsea caused the death of Zack on New Year's Eve, and how, despite the horror, and despair, Zack's corneas went to Abe, enabling him to see again, while his liver went to .....I think Claire, saving her life. So despite the loss of his life, Zack lives on in these people, just as Daniel lives on in Brady.

These are only my own thoughts.....but ...the Lord works in mysterious ways. And as an ex-priest, Eric has to be aware, and accept that thought so he can forgive himself.

Poirot, great speculation. Right on point. ShaSha

That would be a fantastic route to take with Eric's redemption (assuming the powers that be want to redeem him). I suspect it's going to take a discussion with Nicole and seeing Holly for that to either be solidified, or to be completely undone (because he has rendered a child fatherless).

Then again, maybe this is the way they put Eric and Nicole back together. She will always love him, and he feels guilty and this child needs a father.

(Edited because I came up with a couple of additional thoughts)

Excellent thoughts, Poirot! I love your "story" ideas, and I sure hope the writers thought of them first. Not to take anything away from you, of course, but these scenes were filmed long before you made this post! :wink:

You should write for this show instead of the fools they have now. These writers will probably try to hook them up.

Well, Dena Higley should know, she has sort of been back and forth with employment, but that could have happened before she was ever hired...and Ryan Quan has been with the show for nearly 10 years.

However, except for the Cullitons and David Cherrill, it does seem the breakdown & dialogue writes are fairly new???

Yeah, while they are not biologically related, I couldn't see either one having "romantic" feelings for the other.

Eric has always known Hope as his aunt, as she and Bo were married less than a year after the twins were born.

Here are Hope (with Bo) and Eric when he was a toddler:

bericmakewonderfuldaddy.gif

Not sure where to post this. I just had a thought, if for some reason it turns out that Eric was the drunk and is Holly's dad, are we going to have to listen to Maggie, Nicole, whomever else go on and on about how Eric "stole" Daniel's child?

LOL........not if it was a mistake by the lab. Eric could have perhaps been donating to get some money??? Who knows?

Eric & Nicole were very much in love at one time, they nearly died together in that furnace room. When she needed a place and job, he had her work at St. Luke's, sleep in the convent. So, they have a lot of history.

Nicole knows Eric did not intentionally kill Daniel....and then....well, Nicole has hooked up with EJ, nearly did with Vargas once, shot her father, her slate is not all that pure, for sure.

Heck, Maggie cannot complain, she discovered her own egg baby with Daniel, got Melanie & Parker as grandchildren, added plus. She fared well, so if Nicole has her own egg baby, Maggie should be wishing her much happiness.

Back