Huge breaking news!

Well, Ron C. is head writer, so he will be fashioning the stories. Sherri & Ryan Q. are creative consultants, so will probably be suggesting storylines, helping Ron to know the personalities of various characters, filling him in on their pasts, etc.

That said, I really do not see any "Rafe/Hope hate" here, but I understand where some feel perhaps Rafe is not the right man for Hope (rebound for her).

We all do not have the same feelings for various pairings...just as some would prefer Nicole with Brady, some think Eric is a better choice, while others would love for Rafe to be the one.

I really like Brady as a good friend of Nicole's, just as I like Rafe as a good friend of Hope's. Friends care about their friends, have their backs, support them, help them when they can. That is how I see those two men and women. Others see them differently. Just differing opinions.

Going to be interesting to see what Ron C. does......as although the show is about 4 months ahead now (after 2 months off) am sure there will be some editing, twisting of what is already filmed, in order to change direction of a storyline or two, PERHAPS.

From what I know of Ron Carvilati's writing is he goes into the history of the show and pulls little things from the past to make them relevant now. On One Life to Live, he brought back characters that hadn't been mentioned in a long time, took a look at core families and brought them together again and more integrated with each other. I have hopes that he will get rid of a bunch of characters to bring back older ones while also bringing in some new and interesting characters that have no hidden family connections to anyone in Salem.

I just wish they could trash what has been filmed and start with a 3 week lead with new stories. I've totally lost interest in Prague. Will be losing interest in this microchip/Orwell storyline, as it is dragging to the "wait, what?" stage.

But the cost would be too much. So for a show needing renewal, the new writers' stuff will start a month or two before the current end date. Not giving them much of a chance to save the show.

Well it's a good thing Ryan Quan is still there. Even though I fully believe Dena was the dominant head writer at least he can provide some transition assistance.

I do think the show is ok right now. Certainly better than a year ago. But it's nowhere near great either. I'm generally happy with the cast give or take a few people and the elements are there for good soap. They just need good writing and solid editing.

I would agree with that. Abby is back with Chad, Kayla & Steve reunited, the teens got backburnered mostly, Hope is sort of out of prison, Eric has returned, Adrienne is looking pretty good, still don't know if she will opt for surgery or not. Nicole knows she is finally a mother, Abe has an old flame show up, The teens got put all together (tho no idea if that will last.....they could just as easily be in a dorm), & are on good terms with parents, Chad & Sonny are trying to keep the war from escalating.

Kate, who had claimed she learned a lesson about interfering in the children's lives, seems to have forgotten that statement, & is ready to pounce on Chad to get him away from Abby, while lining up with Andre after having gotten cozy with Eduardo, but dumping him. This puts her in the middle of the microchip/Orwell war...and guess this will be pretty big umbrella story....since we have Andre, Kate, Dario, Eduardo, Deimos, Sonny, Chad, Abby, Gabi, while Rafe, Steve, Kayla, Marlena, Paul & Shawn are all trying to save Hope, along with Eric who is the only one knowing how ill she is.

And then there is Belle, Brady, Chloe, Nicole, Justin, Roman, Nancy, a tiny bit of Deimos, all involved in the custody of Holly story. Heck, These are all vets, regulars......yayyyyy.

Well I certainly hope they can tap into the deep history and characters of Days and shine up its tarnished image.

Let us hope he brings back the best of Days and that includes Jack Deveraux (Matt Ashford)! And no revisionist history.

I know there is an interview in SOD about what Ron will be doing, etc. but the interview is not with him, it is with Corday!!!!

It's going to take a lot to rework the garbage writing that has happened lately. I've been watching Days since 1978 and I've seen a lot of good and bad stories but this latest pile of garbage story writing has almost made me stop watching. I used to make sure to record every episode if I was not going to able to watch live but this past year, it doesn't matter if I miss a day or even three. I have lately considered that if it doesn't get better soon, I might stop watching completely.

I'm happy, in general I thought his run at General Hospital was good. Ok, it dragged a bit towards the end, but don't they all?

My only gripe was that he killed off AJ Quartermaine (again). We can't always have nice things. But overall, I expect a sharp improvement.

Back