Hurricane Irma

My mom & her husband have evacuated from coastal GA.

Waiting to see the projected path/strength for the Carolinas.

The one last year messed up our area pretty bad and roads & places are still closed. They actually had to build a lot of new access to points that were cut off.

My freaking skylight flew off in the middle of the last storm and I had to go outside, get it, bring it inside, balance on the top floor handrail and push it back out somehow and like bungee it down somehow, while balancing and not breaking my neck. Had no choice, rain & debris were pouring in.

Good luck everyone!

Have a daughter in east central GA...So far she doesn't seem to be in the path....but she has people in Atlanta she could go stay with.....if the path changes. And who knows about the path. Just glad Irmas has downgraded a bit. Still is horrible.

Weather channel just showed impact of path on whether it hits the east or west coast of Florida. It turns out the projected west path will be more destructive in Georgia than Florida especially now that is a Cat 4 again.. And still the fires ravage thousands of miles of forested area. Sad.

A cousin, her children and nieces/nephews finally decided to evacuate the Keys last evening. Most of us were exasperated at their stance to 'wait it out' so we are all relieved. Of course there were no flights out, no gas for travel, and so they went to a shelter. Still, that is much better than staying at your beach front home!!

Last edited:
Truly pray all our friends & family in the storm ravaged areas are safe. The cleanup begins, and so many have lost so much. Irma has moved Harvey off the news fronts, but have not forgotten those affected there either. Pray for them all.

Let's not forget the Caribbean as well. Some islands have been absolutely devastated such as Barbuda, St. Martin, the Virgin Islands. Others like Turks and Caicos and Cuba had bad damage too.

I'm also keeping my eye on Hurricane Jose which is still lingering in the Atlantic but could also potentially hit all the same places as Irma. Hopefully he will be the last for now.

Just got power and water today 9/15/17. So many days with out air with 100 degree temps. Just took a breath of coolness and so did my dogs and bird. Thank God. House still stands, just debris. Hopefully we won't get anymore. Love to all. :hug:ShaSha

ShaSha: very relieved to read you are okay, your animals are doing well because of your care. Hope your recovery and clean up goes smoothly without any interruptions to power, lights or safety. Keeping you in my prayers.:hug:

ShaSha, I'm glad Irma didn't do any major damage to your home.

Back