I love Mama Hernandez!

Let's just hope she doesn't replace Kate in the meddlesome mother category. It seems Kate has been very self centered so Days has to have some mother digging into her kids lives somewhere.

I have trouble accepting Mama Hernandez for the reasons already listed. She allowed Gabi to come to town on her own when she was only 16, and took a room at the Pub (a bar!) with only Arianna to watch over her. Even after Ari was killed, Rafe did not move Gabi in with him and Sami, send her home, or find a home for her to live in while she was still underage. Mama also did not come to town when Ari was killed, when Gabi was pregnant, when she went to prison, or when Rafe was in a coma. If she's so protective of her kids, she should have been there at those hard times. I feel that Eduardo has the better backstory why he wasn't in their lives.

You can put me down in the "Loves Mami" camp. Although I do agree they need to something with her besides the tried and true Meddlesome Mother routine. Has she started working at the hospital yet? Since Fynn and Kayla are both otherwise occupied somebody's gotta run the place. Something tells me she would run quite the tight ship.

I too loved Sami and Rafe and how Sami matured but was still Sami during those years. And Rafe saw right through her up until the hate boink. I do think watching Sami and Mama H would have been very entertaining. Alison Sweeney (Sami) also speaks Spanish so it would have been cool to see if they played that angle.

I like her, especially her view on Hope, finally someone sees Hope for who she really is. As for her being overprotective of her grown children, that's how some mothers are, I'm 46 years old and my mother is just like her.

Back