Ice bucket challenge

The ice bucket challenge is celebrities challenging one another to dump a bucket of ice water over their head. If they accept the challenge then they donate $10 to charity. If they turn down the challenge they are to donate $100 to the charity. Mainly ALS for Lou Gehrig disease.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Bucket_Challenge

Shawn Christian (Daniel) dumped a bucket of ice water on his head.
I think in some states people would enjoy doing that in the heat.

I wonder if others on the show will do it since Super Dan did :)

Actually, the challenge has been going on among firefighters and police for months. My Little Sis and her hubby did this way back in February.
There is also a caution that anyone with a coronary or pulmonary condition should not do this. The shock to the body from the iced water could cause complications.

It was big here among people on Facebook, and whoever didn't do it that got challenged was to donate $10 to the charity of the challenger's choice. Started out as just cold water, now ice has come into play.

The weird thing for me, I had never heard of it either. Was telling my son & daughter about a friend here with Lou Gehrig's disease, and my son mentioned the ice bucket challege,.,.,.,.,.I had never heard of it, neither had my daughter. He explains, and the next time I come here, this thread appears! LOL

I've seen this on Facebook alot recently... from celebrities (Jon Bon Jovi, hockey players, quebec tv stars, etc.) to "regular" people... all challenging another 3 to do it.

Tons of people have been doing it, especially on Instagram. I've also seen CEOs such as Bob Iger from the Walt Disney Company doing it.

Charlie Sheen just did it, except he filled up a bucket with money (I guess he's going to donate the money that was in the bucket) and he challenged Jon Cryer (former Two and a Half Men costar), Ashton Kutcher (replacement on Two and a Half Men) and Chuck Lorre (former Two and a Half Men boss).

I'm also guessing that many celebrities will donate $100 instead of $10, even if they accept the challenge. I know some of the figure skaters have done that.

I thought it was supposed to be $100 all along, but you're right, maybe that's just for the celebrities.

Most of the skaters at the Skating Club of Boston have participated and all through US Figure Skating. My daughter, her boyfriend and my 8 year old grandson have also done it, donating the $100 AND dumping the water.

She challenged a bunch of the Disney on Ice skaters! One of my favorites was he friend Robbie who added the frozen rainbow icepops to the water for a "gay pride" challenge for ALS.

Back