If there is a recast..

If Peter Reckell (Bo) and John Clarke (Mickey) could be replaced, then yes Arianne Zucker (Nicole) can be replaced too. And quite honestly I'd welcome a recast at this point. Now knowing that she requested that TPTB kill the Eric/Nicole relationship in favor of Daniel/Nicole, it's time for new, positive energy to be infused into the role.

Here are my thoughts on a recast Nicole:

http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/dream-casting.29966/.

I heartily second every one of them.

(Reiterated) And heck, if they can recast Mickey Horton, and The Bold and the Beautiful can recast Ridge (a core character who was played by the same actor for 30 years from the first episode), Nicole could be recast in a second.

Yes, that part I remember reading. She was ticked off, would have quit right then, but her contract had so much time left, so she made the decision to stay til the end.

Don't know why she agreed to extend her time, since she was so adamant about leaving when Shawn Christian (Daniel) was let go. But..she did.

Don't know why she agreed to extend her time, since she was so adamant about leaving when Shawn Christian (Daniel) was let go. But..she did.
Maybe she was hoping TPTB would dangle a big, expensive carrot in front of her. Don't get me wrong. I think Ari Zucker (Nicole) is one of the best things to happen to the show, but I would not be against a recast.

I still find it hard to believe she asked the suits to negate the Eric/Nicole relationship so Nicole could be with Daniel.

So now Daniel is dead, Nicole realizes she still loves Eric, but boots him to stay with the blackmailing Brady. Ugh.

No two ways about it, Ari Zucker, (Nicole) is a beauty no matter the hair style, color or what she wears.

Oh you Silver Fox, you. I am loving John's natural gray/white hair. It smooths him out and, in my opinion, gives him a younger appearance. It all works, he looks great

Last edited:
Also love our Silver Fox, he just looks even better than before.!!!:love:

As to Nicole, she is one good looking woman, Always wondered why they insisted she be blond....she so hated it. LOL

And now, maybe the storyline with Eric and having to dump him in favor of blackard Brady is a sort of "payback" for Nicole only wanting story with her boyfriend? Hey, this is speculation, not fact, just musing in my mind. :)

No two ways about it, Ari Zucker, (Nicole) is a beauty no matter the hair style, color or what she wears.

Oh you Silver Fox, you. I am loving John's natural gray/white hair. It smooths him out and, in my opinion, gives him a younger appearance. It all works, he looks great

I think we can all agree with those statements!

I would find the replacement of Arianne Zucker difficult (Nicole). I love the actress and really admire how much work she put in with creating this character as her own. The character is so real and multi-dimensional, we have seen so many sides to Nicole and she played each side of Nicole to perfection. She was able to make Nicole a character we hope gets her happiness even after many years of hoping she gets what she deserves.

She has played Nicole for many years and to respect all the work and efforts that Arianne has put in this character, I hope that the recast is not immediate. I also hope it would be an actress that is as strong as Arianne, for if you are to take her place, the person would have big shoes to fill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there are many very strong actresses would might do well if the show wanted to recast. On Days, we all have seen it over the years, and I am not going to list,. some recasts work really well, some do not. If they do........I hope the show takes their time.

Back