If there is a recast..

Right now I would rather NOT have a recast of Nicole. She has always been one of my favorites but I am so sick of seeing her cry or having sex with one man after another. She needs to just go away. Maybe come back at some point but not soon!!

Why was Shawn Christian (Daniel) let go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of you know that Nicole is my favorite female on the show. A lot of it is because of the actress who plays her. I wish Nicole would stay; I wish she would come back soon. Even so, I would not mind a recast in the least.

Ari Zucker (Nicole) is 43 years old, and although she is still considered young, that is "over the hill" in some cases. (My doctor told me the other day that 60 - 80 is now considered middle age, but I digress.) In the real world where there is not supposed to be age discrimination, it DOES happen. Also, in the real world, there are thousands, if not more, still striking 43 year-old actresses looking for a big break. Except in rare cases, I don't think a woman that age is going to make it BIG if she hasn't already done it. I don't think even Bette Davis or Joan Crawford or others of their generation could have become "stars" at that age.

I mean no disrespect, in any way, to Ms. Zucker, but I hope she knows the grass is not always greener.

Avon calling!!

Ari Zucker (Nicole) is 43 years old, and although she is still considered young, that is "over the hill" in some cases. (My doctor told me the other day that 60 - 80 is now considered middle age, but I digress.) In the real world where there is not supposed to be age discrimination, it DOES happen. Also, in the real world, there are thousands, if not more, still striking 43 year-old actresses looking for a big break. Except in rare cases, I don't think a woman that age is going to make it BIG if she hasn't already done it. I don't think even Bette Davis or Joan Crawford or others of their generation could have become "stars" at that age.

I agree with part of what you've said. She has done several TV movies since leaving and posted on Twitter yesterday about another movie in the works. Many actors/actresses today make a living that way. Alison Sweeney (Sami) and Jen Lilley (Jeannie Theresa) are two examples.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Alison Sweeney (Sami) left Days, she was also still the host of The Biggest Loser which no doubt factored into that decision. She was let go soon after. I think she got lucky by falling into favor with The Hallmark Channel and being able to do 2-3 movies a year. Other than that, she hasn't really done any other acting aside from the last Days return in 2015.

Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) has certainly done a bit more acting wise in the year and half she's been gone but she's also 30 years old and not in her early 40s.

Maybe she'll be back to announce that she is carrying Eric's child, or that Holly belongs to him. Or, better yet, she hangs around just long enough to get an ornament on the Horton Christmas tree (they'll let almost anyone in), then she will take the ornament and run because she has finally reached the pinnacle of Salem society.

Nicole already has an ornament, from when she was briefly married to Lucas:

b61233732a5c2abf9c6026a706ce8e68.jpg

Back