In re: Spoilers in general

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really do have to thank all here who read spoilers, and don't jump to conclusions that end up being talked about as tho "fact".

I read a couple other places at times, and it is truly confusing, and upsetting, when the "guess" or "maybe" is expanded, then talked about as fact by most of the posters. Someone says, oh, so and so is going to do this, probably will do that, and then so and so will react thusly, and then all the following posts are saying, I don't like that so and so does this, or that so and so reacts like that, they probably will do such and such. And before you know it, a complete scenario/story is being talked about as if it is really going to happen............when it started as someone's "guess".

So thank you, all. I appreciate that we all here stick to the facts or spoiler lines as presented, even tho we know "grain of salt".

I think I make it obvious in my posts that it's my thoughts. If you don't want me to speculate then I will absolutely stop period not even post but people should be able to go on about speculations they wish to follow. Whether right or wrong. Whether you may think it's plausible or completely absurd.

I try to participate but sometimes I feel like pins and needles posting here or I'll get some sarcastic remark. I don't come here for that, I come here because I thought I could be around fellow Days fans to share the same love. I get excited when I post here yes but sometimes things like this makes me feel rather unwanted.

Last edited:
Posting speculation as such.....heck we all do that. We say, "I think", or "I bet" or "maybe".........

Sorry you took offense at my observations of what goes on elsewhere. I thought I made it clear how elsewhere, posters following a speculation, seem to take it as fact, and expand on it and everyone follows suit. In other words, they make the speculation idea a "fact" And it is definitely elsewhere.

I only was trying to appreciate that most do not do that here. People may agree or disagree with a speculation, maybe offer their own idea, but don't accept it as fact. THAT is wonderful.

So thank you, all. I appreciate that we all here stick to the facts or spoiler lines as presented, even tho we know "grain of salt".
Poirot, just a grain of salt? Given the track record of Days spoilers, many of them would require the whole salt package.

morton-salt-iodized-24824.jpg

Pour liberally on selected spoilers.

Yeah, I don't go to other sites but I run across stuff on Facebook and Twitter and some had Jeannie T killed on her wedding day. Well, we know that didn't happen. If she is bumped off, it wasn't on her wedding day. :)

What always strikes me as funny when people let speculation become fact is that it inevitably seems to take the story in directions they do not like and most definitely do not want to see. It gets to the point where they get quite indignant about it. The Chad/Gabi/JJ story is the most recent example of this little phenomena.

I don't know call me crazy if you want but if I were to speculate like that it would be about stuff that I actually want to happen. That way I would have something to look forward to even if it was only in my imagination. LOL

Last edited:
I think some people dislike characters so much they twist stuff around and they
hope what they wish for happens.

I read a lot of comments on other sites and wonder about the time and energy they
put in speculation.

Era, for the record, I always notice that you make a point of saying when you are speculating. I appreciate it and I notice others do it as well.

Also, if someone states something in a way that sounds as though it is a fact, but doesn't give any reference for it, other members here usually ask them where they heard it. One way or another, it usually gets cleared up pretty quickly. But for the most part, I think our members do make clear when they are speculating, and seldom do I see anyone run with something that is just opinion.

Thanks to all my fellow posters here, and to the monitors, for making this a pleasant place to visit. I don't read other Days sites, but I get on some other sites or blogs or whatever they are called, for information on DIY projects and other things. I can't get over how often people say crude and insulting things to others, for no apparent reason. It's as though they just want to start trouble.

Sometimes the mods edit posts to reflect that comments are only speculation on the part of the poster. A simple "I think" added to a post makes all the difference.

Someone can type "John will get killed and die in Marlena's arms" and it quickly gets spread around other websites as fact. Then it looks as though our site is spreading false info. But adding "I think John will get killed and die in Marlena's arms" clears up any confusion as to whether it's fact or speculation.

Many people also jumped to conclusions about Claire living with John and Marlena after her parents let Salem. That is what has happened but other sites were posting that as fact months ago when Belle and Shawn were fired. There was never any concrete evidence that would happen.

Unfortunately, as much as we state we are speculating or guessing, there is always someone who doesn't read the full post and that's how these "facts" get started. I appreciate the effort by all here to keep posts clarified between speculation and fact.

I may have been looking way to much into things I apologize. Guess I really need to take a step back and look at myself. The fact that yes I go into almost "writer mode" with some of the scenarios that seem to hint to my perspective but I can have more patience.

Back